collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Thread  (Read 89891 times)

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
Re: Official Monster High Thread
« Reply #1065 on: July 16, 2012, 06:54:47 AM »
I'll be hunting for Venus and Robecca at Target and Walmart today. Wish me luck!
Good luck! Hope you find 'em!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Airiel

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Professional Parasol Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: July 16, 2012, 06:54:59 AM »
Less found and more obsessively hunted down XD You need less luck, more neurotic behavior! :P I really have Mandy to thank! I used the DPCI checker she posted a few pages back, and ONE store out of like 20 said "Available" so I rushed down there and had a very nice employee pull me a case from the back.

I managed to get a set yesterday too, but I got lectured for asking for something from the back!  The guy told me that they aren't supposed to be on the shelves until the 29th (!!) and that they normally don't let you pull stuff from out back, blah, blah, blah.  I asked him why the website and their in store scanners say they are in stock when they aren't supposed to be for sale for two weeks and he really didn't have an answer.  Plus, they rang out just fine, so there was obviously no hard set date on selling.  Just be forewarned, I guess.  On the plus side, at least they are showing up en masse.  Numerous stores around here show them as in stock.  If only the Skull Shores set would show up....\

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Airiel

"Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly."

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: July 16, 2012, 06:55:45 AM »
Just bought Nefara today :D Finally found one with perfect face up<3

Nefara and Cupid I got last week (I wish i had my Camera here and not in my apartment so i could take real pictures and not sucky Phone photos)

Cupid<3

Nefara<3 Garsh she is GORGEOUS<3

And I helped a little girl and her father who looked for Rochelle. The TRU We were at didn't have her but I knew Rochelle have been seen at another toy store 10 minutes away so I told them to look there. She were so Happy :'D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 06:58:18 AM by amenoo »

Adoptable made by me

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: July 16, 2012, 07:00:37 AM »
Yeah, Nef is one of my favourite dolls, she's so gorgy! I hope to see more incarnations of her soon, but I have a feeling she's a one tme character release.

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: July 16, 2012, 07:06:01 AM »
Yeah, Nef is one of my favourite dolls, she's so gorgy! I hope to see more incarnations of her soon, but I have a feeling she's a one tme character release.

Yeah I think she is as well. Though I hope we might get some Fashion Packs

Adoptable made by me

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: July 16, 2012, 07:29:53 AM »
>Go out on Saturday to see Spider-Man (it was actually amazing, pun very much intended)
>Go to TRU and two Targets... see nothing other than two Cupids that I passed on because of QC
>Check store stock locator for ST dolls today
>Closer of the two Targets has them apparently, or at least did
>Proceeds to sob in a corner

...especially because I bet they restocked basics, and my luck would mean I probably missed Venus and/or Robecca. Aaaaaa.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: July 16, 2012, 08:11:43 AM »
I still think distribution around here is being weird. I've yet to see Ghouls Rule, Dot Dead, I Love Fashion or anything that is actually NEW. I've only seen the new DT and RM in one Kroger.
YET, they were quick on providing the re-releases? Including the werewolf sisters?

Hah, oh well. I guess that means less for me to want to spend money on?

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: July 16, 2012, 08:21:21 AM »
Yeah, I haven't seen anything new other than the reissues, and even then I just started to see them, and only at TRU and the two Targets... I should be heading to Walmart sometime soon... I just hope mine's done some restocking (i.e. Venus or Robecca)... and that my voucher from Mattel shows up before then... I don't think I can buy a doll with $11 >_________>;. At least I'll get my replacement Jackson today... they sent him out Next Day on Friday... and JUST gave me the link this morning, lol. I kinda tilted my head to the side going "Wa...wait out for delivery today..? Oh, it's Next Day.. and went out Friday, what.".. I guess it's also a plus their distribution for all of this stuff is outta Texas, so not too terrible far from here (compared to me getting stuff from Hasbro XD) :D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 08:24:34 AM by Icicle »

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: July 16, 2012, 08:25:02 AM »
I hope your's restocks soon too. I'm not to concerned with anything but the re-issues and I got what I needed! (Yay grails!) Though I really didn't expect to see the werewolf sisters. My fiancee hated me that day. ROFL

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: July 16, 2012, 08:30:44 AM »
Less found and more obsessively hunted down XD You need less luck, more neurotic behavior! :P I really have Mandy to thank! I used the DPCI checker she posted a few pages back, and ONE store out of like 20 said "Available" so I rushed down there and had a very nice employee pull me a case from the back.

I managed to get a set yesterday too, but I got lectured for asking for something from the back!  The guy told me that they aren't supposed to be on the shelves until the 29th (!!) and that they normally don't let you pull stuff from out back, blah, blah, blah.  I asked him why the website and their in store scanners say they are in stock when they aren't supposed to be for sale for two weeks and he really didn't have an answer.  Plus, they rang out just fine, so there was obviously no hard set date on selling.  Just be forewarned, I guess.  On the plus side, at least they are showing up en masse.  Numerous stores around here show them as in stock.  If only the Skull Shores set would show up....\

Sounded like a Scalper in disguise. He probably left them all in the back so once payday comes up he'd buy them all out since they're all in the back where no one can get any of them.

So far I really need Cupid, Robecca and Venus. I think I'll go searching for them today. Hopefully I don't get my hopes up too high expecting them to be there and come home all agitated when there's nothing new. I wonder if one of my friends is working today. She could probably check in their back for me! visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: July 16, 2012, 08:32:06 AM »
Haha. I think my fiance would have slapped me if I found the Werewolf sisters at the Targets on Saturday, I actually didn't bother to check the Clearance sections... but he did! What a sweetie I have, he doesn't even like either of them and he looked for me <3!

Last time I went to my Walmart they were... rather bare other than a few Jacksons and the new CAM sets (well Cat/witch and the Vamp/sea monster double torsos)... so that hopefully means they'll have a truck soon with MH stuff on it, just so I know I have a shot XD

Sounded like a Scalper in disguise. He probably left them all in the back so once payday comes up he'd buy them all out since they're all in the back where no one can get any of them.

While I know a lot of store employees in places will do that sort of stuff.. there is usually hard street dates for these items and they stick them in the system to make sure they can throw them out on the shelves right away. That being said... that guy probably got into A LOT of trouble for breaking the street date. My fiance unknowningly did that (asked for stuff that wasn't supposed to be out yet) at our Target for some Transformer's figures... and now our Target refuses to go into the back for stock for any 'popular' toys (Transformers, most of the Marvel movie stuff, MH, ect) because of it.. signs everywhere that tell you not to ask. And even then, I asked about the ST dolls and they were like "Nope, can't do that. Sorry, nope"
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 08:36:16 AM by Icicle »

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: July 16, 2012, 08:48:27 AM »
Working in retail I actually found out why nobody goes to check the back. Things aren't sitting around on shelves, but rather still packed away in boxes, if that even. I always used to think they kept more in the back to circulate back out, but they really don't do that. Or at least not at Micheals. I still feel bad though. DX

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: July 16, 2012, 09:10:29 AM »
Haha. I think my fiance would have slapped me if I found the Werewolf sisters at the Targets on Saturday, I actually didn't bother to check the Clearance sections... but he did! What a sweetie I have, he doesn't even like either of them and he looked for me <3!

Last time I went to my Walmart they were... rather bare other than a few Jacksons and the new CAM sets (well Cat/witch and the Vamp/sea monster double torsos)... so that hopefully means they'll have a truck soon with MH stuff on it, just so I know I have a shot XD

While I know a lot of store employees in places will do that sort of stuff.. there is usually hard street dates for these items and they stick them in the system to make sure they can throw them out on the shelves right away. That being said... that guy probably got into A LOT of trouble for breaking the street date. My fiance unknowningly did that (asked for stuff that wasn't supposed to be out yet) at our Target for some Transformer's figures... and now our Target refuses to go into the back for stock for any 'popular' toys (Transformers, most of the Marvel movie stuff, MH, ect) because of it.. signs everywhere that tell you not to ask. And even then, I asked about the ST dolls and they were like "Nope, can't do that. Sorry, nope"
Huh that's so weird to me because I ask all the time and no one has ever told me no or made any kind of big deal about it. I've done it multiple times at Target and TRU and the employees really couldn't seem to care less. The guy I had get them did ask if they had a shelf tag yet, and when I said no he just put the box back. It's different I think if it's some kind of unreleased secretive product, but the dolls are on Target's website and if I can see that they're in stock I feel I should be able to purchase them. If you can't let me have them, don't tell me they're in stock til I can. I guess it's more of an issue at particular stores, but it's definitely not an all Targets everywhere policy from what I've experienced.

@aellos It depends on where you work. Yes, everything is in a case pack at places like target, but its not a big deal for them to grab the right box and open it. It'll eventually have to be opened anyways. When I worked at Best Buy though, we really had very little stuff in the "back room" per se, only some small stuff like headphones and accessories. Generally if it wasn't out on the floor somewhere we didn't have any more of it.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: July 16, 2012, 09:14:49 AM »
Wow I went out of town for less than two weeks and come back to see a new cat character, Roller Maze Clawdeen, Superhero dolls, Scary Tale books that imply new Scary Tale dolls (Cleo and Abbey!!), Headless Headmistress Bloodgood, people finding Venus and Robecca... I'm overwhelmed!! x_x So much amazing stuff.  It's all coming out way too fast for me!  I'll have to be very selective about the dolls I get, and that's assuming I can find any in the first place!  Thanks, Mattel. :/
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 09:37:24 AM by Tropical_Sunset »

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: July 16, 2012, 09:17:55 AM »
Rhini: That's good to remember then! Thanks. :D

I think we do it that way because we're a craft store. There's room for everything on the floor, and any boxes we'd have to open to get stuff would probably be full of tiny stuff that you would have to dig through. DX

That, and we're not allowed really doing stuff in the back room as a sales associate/cashier.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal