collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Being a nerd now !  (Read 577 times)

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
Being a nerd now !
« on: July 05, 2012, 03:15:49 PM »
Just watched the film "Paul" with the ever so awesome Simon Pegg and I loved it ! I felt such a nerd, it was brilliant ! xD

What other situations made YOU feel nerd? And what are you nerd about? :D

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Being a nerd now !
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 03:31:11 PM »
I dunno.....I don't know that I ever "feel nerd". I just am what I am and don't really think too much about it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 04:41:25 PM »
I am a super dorky nerd queen according to the nerd test 2.0  and i am nerdy about a lot of things.

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 05:31:52 PM »
lol, I had a HUGE nerd moment this evening.

I'm insane and am training for Warrior Dash in a couple of months.  I am thin, but terribly out of shape, and my husband has graciously decided to help train me.  We did my first cardio mile today since I decided I was going to do this, and about a third of the way in, I hit that "I'm out of shape and this sucks and I don't want to do it anymore" point.  He tried to encourage me, but for some reason, it just wasn't working.  So...

I started thinking about who I think is super tough and wouldn't complain, and all I could think about was Zhao Yun from Dynasty Warriors video game series.  My new mantra for training for this is "Zhao Yun wouldn't quit!" 

I am a pretty big nerd, when it comes down to it, but I tend to keep most of my nerd-isms relatively to myself.  On the other hand, my husband is a super nerd that radiates nerd pretty much everywhere he goes, so he really gets a kick out of it when I do things like this :)

Rion

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 07:52:25 PM »
Being a nerd is seriously great. I tend to be a nerd over everything. :P

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 08:10:40 PM »
I found myself doing math problems a few days ago.  Just for fun.  XD

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Sonata

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 02:43:31 AM »
lol, I had a HUGE nerd moment this evening.

I'm insane and am training for Warrior Dash in a couple of months.  I am thin, but terribly out of shape, and my husband has graciously decided to help train me.  We did my first cardio mile today since I decided I was going to do this, and about a third of the way in, I hit that "I'm out of shape and this sucks and I don't want to do it anymore" point.  He tried to encourage me, but for some reason, it just wasn't working.  So...

I started thinking about who I think is super tough and wouldn't complain, and all I could think about was Zhao Yun from Dynasty Warriors video game series.  My new mantra for training for this is "Zhao Yun wouldn't quit!" 

I am a pretty big nerd, when it comes down to it, but I tend to keep most of my nerd-isms relatively to myself.  On the other hand, my husband is a super nerd that radiates nerd pretty much everywhere he goes, so he really gets a kick out of it when I do things like this :)

This is amazing xDDDD

I found myself doing math problems a few days ago.  Just for fun.  XD

omg LOL xDD

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 05:13:58 AM »
I love Simon Pegg movies. (Hot Fuzz is my favorite though.)
The anime Genshiken makes me feel like a nerd like that.  :nerdy:

Offline lizstaley

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Queen of the Giant Robots!
    • View Profile
    • http://adrastuscomic.com
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 05:32:55 AM »
I write/draw comics about a girl and her giant robot, watch anime, read way too many books, and do table-top role-playing games. I am the Queen of Nerd, and proud of it. XD

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 07:00:41 AM »
Quite often, and on various subjects :D

Probably one of my most "feel nerdy" moments was when the Silent Hill movie came out - we all wanted to see it (partially b/c of the games, partially b/c it was filmed in our downtown). Our entire row at the theatre was us and friends, but you could just tell the entire theatre was filled with nerds. :D
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Sonata

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 07:03:15 AM »
Quite often, and on various subjects :D

Probably one of my most "feel nerdy" moments was when the Silent Hill movie came out - we all wanted to see it (partially b/c of the games, partially b/c it was filmed in our downtown). Our entire row at the theatre was us and friends, but you could just tell the entire theatre was filled with nerds. :D

That is so cool ! xDD haha

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 02:48:08 PM »
I loved Paul.  I went kinda nutso when I saw it; every time the camera went to the humans, I was just like, "Eff you!  Show me the alien!" :blush:

I feel nerdy when I can remember video game facts that others, who have played equally as long or longer than I have, typically don't remember.  It's usually for Pokemon.

Also, when the seventh Harry Potter book came out, I was at the midnight release, and I did a Jeopardy style game where we worked as teams of two.  My team didn't win, but I was the only one who remembered that Harry had to drink Skele-gro(sp?) to get his bones to grow back after Lockehart's spell-gone-wrong.  Everyone else was thinking it was Polyjuice Potion. :P

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 02:53:12 PM »
I always feel at my Nerd Pique when I'm RPing. Of course, I was having a conversation with a nerd friend a couple months ago and he was talking about Settlers of Catan. I told him I hadn't played it and he said, "And you call yourself a nerd." So we bought it that week and played it and apparently, at that moment, I became an official nerd. I always thought I was an official nerd the first I played D&D. LOL!

I feel nerdy when I'm collecting Pokémon, too. Pokémon always makes me feel like a mega-nerd. Oh, and when I'm watching vlogbrothers. Nerdfighters Unite!

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal