collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help for a complete PayPal newbie?  (Read 593 times)

Offline Dawn

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Help for a complete PayPal newbie?
« on: July 05, 2012, 10:47:46 AM »
I've never sold anything using PayPal before, but I was thinking of selling some of my ponies here on the arena, so I wanted to ask a few questions before starting, so as not to get anything wrong :-)

Um, yeah! I'll just start at the beginning, because I really have no idea >.<
- When people want to pay me, do I just give them my email address and the price, or do they need any other information?
- Should the buyer send the money as a gift, or specify that it's a payment for something? Do I have to have a registered business or pay more fees to accept payments for goods and services? :S
-  Is it okay for me to calculate shipping with this website: http://www.portokalkulator.de/portokalkulator/std ? The calculations seem very low, is this normal? I thought international shipping is usually very expensive, is there something I don't know about? :S

Sorry if I sound really dumb, I just want to understand what I'm doing before I start doing it! I'm not sure if there's anything I've missed, so if anyone has any tips or advice, I'd be very, very grateful. Thanks in advance for your help :)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Help for a complete PayPal newbie?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 05:38:39 AM »
*hugs* of course you dont sound dumb :hug: everyone has to start somewhere and it can seem really confusing until you get used to it ;)   
:glitter: when you are listing your items for sale here include the price of the pony you're selling and also a picture of it . When people contact you about buying it then you can check how much the shipping cost will be depending on their country.
:glitter: Shipping costs vary depending on  size/weight of the parcel, where you are sending the item to, and the method you are sending (eg first class, priority/with tracking).  You can use the post office website for your country to work out the price.  To get an accurate price its best to weigh the parcel at home first if possible ( put the pony in the package you intend to post it in, along with any other packaging such as bubble wrap etc and  use some digital kitchen scales or other kitchen scales to check the weight). Then you'll know the weight of the parcel to check on the website.
:glitter: When someone wants to pay you all they need to know is your paypal email address, and the total cost of the pony+shipping. Usually people will send the money to you as a payment for goods . Accepting  (or sending) money as a gift is not usually done unless its someone who knows you well /trusts you since they cannot open a claim if anything goes wrong when they send via the gift option or personal payment owed. Most people here know what to do when they send you a payment anyways so you shouldnt have to worry about that.
:glitter:  You dont need a registered business to accept payments.
:glitter:   You can list your ponies for sale and accept the payments in the currency for your country to make it a bit easier for you. If you do decide to list your ponies for sale in USD rather than Euros then you might have to  click"accept" to recieve the payments sent to you since it will be in a different currency to your own (does that make sense?)
I might think of other things to add later :awake: . If you do start selling here and you need  more help  before, during , or after the sale, then you can always ask Ponylady or myself, or you can make threads in here for advice :)
hope that helps a bit :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Dawn

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 12:50:27 PM »
Thanks so much!  :happy:
I really wanted to be sure before starting, but I think that answered all of my questions - it's great to know that I can just calculate the shipping costs via the deutschepost site and don't have to use something different for international post. Thanks again for such a detailed response :-) *hugs*

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 04:08:14 AM »
you are welcome sweetie  :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal