collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Live/insane journal rp's, are there any good pony/city rp's out there?  (Read 1532 times)

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
I use to RP alot but I've lost my mojo for the last few months. Or year even, I've had a seriously bad burn out. I dunno whether I've just grown out of it or I've lost interest, I want to Roleplay but... I just can't be assed! :lol:

The main reason is that applying to most of these games is like applying for a job. and most of the time I rub everyone the wrong way, or there is a clique that's rather tight knit and everything to do is either wrong or ignored. Which makes me wonder why they accept other people in the first place.

So I was wondering, how many other people here Role play and can suggest a play to get started with? I wouldn't mind playing  pony OC as well, I love multi fandom rp's and I'm rather easy going, I like to play disney/book characters like Dumbo and Bagheera, I've played Ariel (not well  :cry:) once or twice.

looking forward to hearing replies! :lol:

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
People still use livejournal?  Most people I know RolePlay in person either at home or game shops but that's not quite what you're going for.
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
I have no clue, but I'll give this a little bump so that you might find some responses. :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
We just hang out with freinds and get together that way.  You can try to find a few RP forums too if you specifically know what you want to do--there are plenty out there and alot are open ended :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Not my thing but good luck!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline EStRanger

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
What kind of roleplaying are you looking for? The kind where you are pretending to be that character and writing only from their perspective and no one else's? Or the "group fiction" type of roleplay, where you're basically writing a story with a group of people and people can write actions for each others' characters within certain boundaries? (The latter doesn't really fall under the traditional definition of "roleplaying" but it seems to have been lumped in under the same umbrella in recent years, so....:) )

I've hung out on both types of RPG's on LJ. You might've already tried most of the ones I've heard of there, but it's worth a shot. =^^;=
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 04:53:25 PM by Mystagic »
Don't look for me!

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
What kind of roleplaying are you looking for? The kind where you are pretending to be that character and writing only from their perspective and no one else's? Or the "group fiction" type of roleplay, where you're basically writing a story with a group of people and people can write actions for each others' characters within certain boundaries? (The latter doesn't really fall under the traditional definition of "roleplaying" but it seems to have been lumped in under the same umbrella in recent years, so....:) )

I've hung out on both types of RPG's on LJ. You might've already tried most of the ones I've heard of there, but it's worth a shot. =^^;=

The first one I think! I've tried a few as well. I don't know what I was doign wrong, but I always ended up with next to none interaction. suggest away! it's been a long time since I've rp'd, maybe alot of the communities I use to know have shut down.

Offline lizstaley

• Dabbles Pony
  • Queen of the Giant Robots!
    • View Profile
    • http://adrastuscomic.com
You could always get on the rp_me community over on LJ and put up an ad. I did that just recently for some Avengers RP and found two insanely great partners. Sometimes it's a crap-shoot with who you end up having respond, but the gems are worth it when you find them. :)

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
You could always get on the rp_me community over on LJ and put up an ad. I did that just recently for some Avengers RP and found two insanely great partners. Sometimes it's a crap-shoot with who you end up having respond, but the gems are worth it when you find them. :)

I just did a post on Dear mun with Dumbo since the other muses seem to be dead. apparently everybody moved to dreamwidth? AND OMG THE AVENGERS! I waited for the movie to come out... waited fro someone to share teh awesome with and go with me... then missed out now i have to wait for dvd to see it =-=; I've been keeping away from trailers, ads and whatever, but I need to know how the hulk went? was he good and did he fit?

Offline Aerora

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Yeah, a big chunk of LJRP moved to Dreamwidth after release 88 (a really ugly comment style, no subject lines, some other bad choices? and a lot of really rude responses from LJ's staff) last year - I'm not really sure about what places are around. (DW's a really nice place - the staff are super happy about the influx of RPers.) Some didn't survive the move, and a lot of new games have sprung up, and I haven't really been keeping up outside of the games my friends are in. Dear_mun's still a good place to start, though!

Offline lizstaley

• Dabbles Pony
  • Queen of the Giant Robots!
    • View Profile
    • http://adrastuscomic.com
bagheera: The Avengers is probably my favorite movie of ALL TIME. I haven't seen any of the Hulk movies, but I have seen all the other Marvel movies and I thought they did the Hulk really well. Mark Ruffalo plays an excellent Bruce Banner. And if you like Hulk, you're going to love the final battle. :) Such an enjoyable movie.

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
bagheera: The Avengers is probably my favorite movie of ALL TIME. I haven't seen any of the Hulk movies, but I have seen all the other Marvel movies and I thought they did the Hulk really well. Mark Ruffalo plays an excellent Bruce Banner. And if you like Hulk, you're going to love the final battle. :) Such an enjoyable movie.

Never really liked the hulk unfortunately!  but i read the comics and such growing up (stopped reading after i realised trying to catch up on multiple universes was just... annoying hahah) and having the movies was just 1000 kinds of awesome, that's a universe I can get behind. Other super heroes I don't like are iron man, bat man and spider man. Ugh and I need to see LOKI. BUT I refuse to look up anything, btw, would that girl have kissed Thor is she saw him fly through some monsters head? xDDD!

Offline EStRanger

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
The first one I think! I've tried a few as well. I don't know what I was doign wrong, but I always ended up with next to none interaction. suggest away! it's been a long time since I've rp'd, maybe alot of the communities I use to know have shut down.

Okay! *Looks* Well, crap, all the roleplay-related communities I was part of seem to have shut down or moved off LJ sometime after I stopped watching them!

I run one both on and off LJ, but it's not the type you're looking for; it's group fiction rather than standard roleplay (regular roleplay's allowed, it's just that most members don't do it). So I guess I'm not going to be as much of a help as I'd hoped. =^^;= Others' recommendations for drumming up RP partners on recruiting comms is excellent, though. I used to follow some of the biggest ones on LJ and found good RPG's that way, back when I still had time to game every day. LJ's not as big as it was, true, but there are still a lot of people who are active there. Good games are still out there on LJ...you just have to work harder to find them now, and then you still have the problem of finding a community that works with you once you've finally found one that still exists. :/
Don't look for me!

Offline Nightbow

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
Well, I run a RP board that could use a lot of new blood. Check it out, we'd love to have you!
http://eventidemlprpg.proboards.com/index.cgi :)
I'm looking to buy Port-o-Bella. Please email me.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Bagheera, would you be adverse to using dice and rules in your RP? I am part of the Fear The Boot forum community, and they have a section in their forums for people doing play by post RP. It's a great place to look. MOST of those people though still use rule books and dice. Some don't. Fear The Boot is a podccast about tabletop RPG, and they host a convention once a year. You can find them at FearTheBoot.Com

If you specifically want written forum RP, I know of another place, it it is mostly "adult" RP. They DO have a section for people looking for non adult stuff, but since adult is the main focus, that section is small. Still. Its got Hundreds of members. I don't know if that would strike your fancy, but I cannot provide the link here. Anyone who finds interest though, I certainly wouldn't mind if you asked about it via PM or Email. I'm not sure if my email is listed on here.. Its SeraphLena at Yahoo dot com.

Those are my two best suggestions. Good luck!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal