collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which monster do you think did soooo well that she deserves to know the requirements for the next photoshoot TWO DAYS BEFORE all the other finalists?

Abbey
2 (2%)
Aria
19 (18.6%)
Cupid
15 (14.7%)
Draculina
2 (2%)
Frankie
2 (2%)
Jordan
3 (2.9%)
Kalma
37 (36.3%)
Lilitha
2 (2%)
Meowlody
0 (0%)
Nanami
1 (1%)
Operetta
0 (0%)
Percie
14 (13.7%)
Rhonda
5 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Voting closed: July 06, 2012, 03:17:48 PM

Author Topic: Challenge 2 - Evaluation  (Read 5504 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Challenge 2 - Evaluation
« on: July 04, 2012, 03:17:48 PM »
Good morning, ghouls. It is time for your evaluation.

You recall our judges:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Your critique, in alphabetical order:

Abbey:

Janice: SOMEBODY SCREAM SEXUAL ASSAULT! You are being attached, but in the worst of ways. What happened, Abs? Yes, the male model is partly at fault here, but when you’re in control of the shoot, you need to direct him as well. Remember to look at your film from an outsider’s point of view. Hon, it looks like you’re being sexually assaulted. Fight back, dammit! Knee him in the groin!

Tyra: What the HELL is happening here?! Janice is right on this one. It's definitely creepy, but I'm not quite sure it's the kind of creepy we're going for. You look gorgeous, but also look absolutely frightened.

Nigel: I don't know how the American bloodsucking lawyers work here, but I can't see this getting past many legal advisory boards with its slightly suggestive nature.  It gives me chills through and through so it works, but I'm not sure if it's good chills or bad.  Your light complexion does blend in with the scene, but snow monsters tend to do that in snow and that is my only complaint as far as the model goes, I want to see her POP!

Alfred: I find myself agreeing with Ms. Witchinson. (By damn, what has this world come to?) I hate to admit it, Abbey, but your poster does look as if your aggressor is about to impregnate you by force. The image itself makes me feel a tad uncomfortable. If you were going for pure shock value, I would say you surely succeeded! That being said, you look stunning and your male model looks absolutely terrifying when in character. 

Aria:

Janice: Girl this is so awesome. I feel like anything you do at this point is golden!

Tyra: When does this movie come out and will there be pre-order tickets?!? Oh my goddddddd you make the PERFECT malevolent seductress to lure in those lonely campers doing some midnight fishing. Spectacular job, ghoul!

Nigel: I will come right out and say it ... I do not like screams, they grate my stone the wrong way.  But you ghoul ... I think I could set that aside for a few hours to see what has got you in such a state!  Positively NEEDS to be seen!  Good use of space, layout keeps the eye moving, the balance of negative to positive, dark to light, how the moon helps balance the shape of your gown ... I must say, very near to perfection!  I do wish you had filled up the frame with yourself more ... too much gorgeousness going on to waste!

Alfred:  How did you get your hair like that, m’ dear? I enjoy the composition and your choice of font, though I think your tagline, “No one will hear you SCREAM!” could have been more pronounced. As for you, you look stunning. As beautiful as you look, though, I must admit I get more of a princess-y Disney flick feel than that of pure horror. Overall, a job well done!

Cupid:

Janice: This is so freaking spooky.... The Blood.... I LOVE IT

Tyra: ♫ He had it coming, he only had himself to blaaame! ♫
I love everything about this. EVERYTHING. Your face looks like you completely lost yo' damn mind and have no regrets about what you've done. It just screams horror, disaster and b*tch I still look fabulous. Bravo!

Nigel: I ... I ... I am speechless! *others look at him in disbelief* Cupid is supposed to be demure.  Cupid is supposed to remove themself from the physical aspects of love, to remain afar and guide by whimsy ... not be so ... so ... visceral ... BUT I LIKE IT!  Anyone so daft to mess with Love's own heart doesn't deserve to have one am I right dearie?  He had it coming.  *leans back and crosses arms over his chest as others scoot to either side of him*

Alfred: Blood, blood, blood – exactly how I like my movies! The blood-spattered dress solidifies your status as queen of the B horror flicks, m’dear! Drenching your apparel in any bodily fluid shows true commitment. In browsing through your film, you executed a multitude of different ideas, and you do not appear to be afraid to take risks. I like those qualities very much, particularly in the lead actresses I cast in my movies. Have you ever thought of auditioning?

Draculina:

Janice: I’m not sure what’s going on here.... Most of your face is gone and your hands look like trees. I’m confused - are you attempting to be scary? Although your layout of the text and the border turned out really nice.

Tyra: Simple and right down to the point. I like it, but I’m not terrified. I have to agree with Nigel, there's an awful lot of empty space you could've played around with some more. 

Nigel: Intriguing! Classic poster, just a snap of the monster and a bit of a teaser ... Would like to see a bit less empty space though, posters are money and that's a lot of money for a lot of emptiness.  I have a distinct impression that I've seen you haunt my dreams before, just as floaty, just as scary.  Well done! 

Alfred: Ah, a poster layout based upon your dear daddy’s film success! Nicely done! While I hate to agree with the judging panel’s resident foul-mouthed witch, I must agree that your body language does not frighten me. Your face is lost entirely to the flash, and your hands rather appear to be umbrellas or mushrooms from this angle. (And rest assured, I mean that with no disrespect!) Truly, your outfit is out of this monster-laden world, my dear! But is your outfit alone enough to entice me to see your movie? I’m uncertain.

Frankie:

Janice: You’ve got a body even I’M envious off and you’re showing it off hella good, but the grainy texture is just too much for me to handle. *keels over*

Tyra: Ghoul, what happened? Why did you let the intern do the filtering? You should NEVER let your intern do the final photo!!!!! You look quite gorgeous with that background and your little hot to trot outfit, but the overdone filter seems to be your downfall here.

Nigel: Ghoul ... I love where you are going with this ... but it seemed to stop short. The graininess made my eyes crack, and the purple ... yes it could work, but it detracts from the image. The ghoul and the outfit look spectacular, from what I see through the editing. Become one with the poster; don't become as flat as the poster ghoul.

Alfred: Your background is splendid, but that purple font is not horror, my dear! Your outfit excites me, but it’s hard to see past the heavy editing and the extreme grainy texture.

Jordan:

Janice: Whiting out your eyes was a nice touch here, but I’m not sure why you chose "Zombie Werewolf Attack" as the title... Are you a zombie or a werewolf? It’s no time to be sitting on the fence!

Tyra: Damn you look fierce and downright scary! Your left arm looks a little lost among the shadows but I think this photo is a good enough reason to double and triple check your doors and windows are locked at night.

Nigel: I'd sue the graphic artist that smudged your gorgeous eyes for the zombie effect madam, or at least bite him ... hard.  I feel somewhat of a desire to see this film, but no overwhelming need, and I sadly do believe it's the eyes - there is not sparkle, no glitz, no glam, they are flat and lifeless. * a throat clears beside him*  Yes I am well aware it's a ZOMBIE picture ... doesn't mean I don't want to stare into some gorgeous eyes though.  The close-up is glamerous dahling, right down to the slightly tussled hair!  No zombie werewolf worth her weight in silver would stop her hunting for minor maintenance!

Alfred: I must disagree with Nigel – I think your white, translucent eyes add to the monster effect, and I even enjoyed the shadow of your bangs drifting across your cheeks. Clearly you are the focus of this poster, and yet we’ve lost your left hand, and your right looks as if it might be broken. I do hope you weren’t mangled by a zombie during the shoot! Or was that the effect you were going for?

Kalma:

Janice: Girl, YOU NAILED THIS! You follow directions like a pro! I hardly noticed your arm being awkward because this photo is so ROCKIN'.

Tyra: Oh sh*t, ghoul! RUN! GET YOUR FABULOUS SELF OUT OF THOSE WOODS! I think your left arm looks awkward as can be but you made yourself look like the perfect dainty damsel in distress and it sure as hell WORKS!

Nigel: As a fan of classic monster horror romps, I must say ... BRAVO!  The action, the intensity, the blend of old and new!  If I could get ghoulbumps, I'd be covered in them!  My only minor complaint is your far arm looks a mite off, but the damsel is in distress and needs rescuing, all while looking smashing to boot!

Alfred: My old heart can’t take this much excitement! The good – the way your hair flows after you, the disgusting monstrosity that is the Swamp Thing, the perfect font selection and size, the 1940s dress, the bend of your arms, the hazy background. The bad – nothing, my dear. Absolutely nothing.

Lilitha:

Janice: The location is to die for... Not literally of course, but dang! Your pose is great and your hand placement is VERY professional... I like that.

Tyra: Eeerggh, remind me not to visit the cemeteries anymore. I do not want to run into Little Red Riding Vamp! You look haunting, the background is perfect but you appear a bit reserved. Don't be so shy, you've got so much to offer.

Nigel: CLASSIC! Yet again another spot on rendering of early graphic enhancement with the characters in front of a screen, my only wish would be to see a little more you dear and less empty filler, the vamp should be forefront, filling more poster space ... but the longing, the heartbreak, haunting ... you just need to OWN the poster dearie!

Alfred: Marvelous. Simply marvelous. I rather like your positioning in the photo. But my dear, as lovely a stomach as you have, revealing too much of yourself detracts from the true haunt of the photo. The abandoned church beyond you coupled with the hazy, darkening sky is a terrifying sight. Overall, I am extremely pleased. Tyra tells me you were in the bottom three last week, but I believe you’ve redeemed yourself with this shot! Well done, my dear.

Meowlody:

Janice: The lighting is off quite a bit, and hello, where is your tag line?! You didn’t follow directions!

Tyra: Oh goodness your face looks absolutely CRAZY and at the same time quite stunning. Just wish you would've used your body a bit more to make yourself appear as if you WERE going to attack.

Nigel: *waves back at the poster* Not as fierce as I had hoped dearie.  Feels more "greeting of the werecat" than 'attack'.  I love the slinking pose, skirting around the light, staying in the shadows, makes me wonder why a glam ghoul is out and about and trying to hide in the gloom, but nothing I 'must see' yet.

Alfred: You have legs that can go for days, and that’s a characteristic essential for any future in modeling! Your hair looks lovely all tousled like that as well. But I don’t see scary, and your font and background tend to overpower you. Alas, I’m neither scared not enticed to see your film, my dear.

Nanami:

Janice: The lighting here is lovely, angles are lovely. I’m just having a hard time reading the text and trying to figure out what is going on in the photo... What are you wearing?

Tyra: Holy heck, ghoul you look GORGEOUS! However, I'm not too frightened by you...Is that how you get your victims? I don't know who would resist going to the seashore to catch a glimpse of THAT sea monster. *AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!*

Nigel:  Hmm, I see what you were going for, but the back of my brethren's stony head seems a bit huge, bright, and rather distracting with you partly hidden behind him. Are you the monster or the damsel in distress? I’m getting mixed vibes as you are more demure than fierce.  Would LOVE to see you take center stage on this and maybe the scared hoards behind you as what I can see is GORGEOUS!, but hidden.

Alfred: Your choice of font is spot on, and your hair and scantily clad outfit is pure heaven. I am rather confused at the placement of your hand, though. You look as if you are reaching towards the monster about to attack you, or perhaps even waving to him. And for a movie set at a lagoon, I truly would have liked to see some water! I think you have the look down, Nanami – and your last name is spectacular, I might add! – but I want you to be more of the focus, and not the big bald head in your foreground!

Operetta:

Janice: Where are the buildings? Or the location? If you are King Kong themed i would have like to see more that worked with that. I love the outfit though... PERFECT for this theme.

Tyra: I’m completely stuck! This photo doesn’t say King Kong to me at all . 

Nigel: I love the image, but it's a little bland on a flat background.  A nice image of a tiny jungle village, or even just jungle trees, or better yet, the dwarfed images of Ghoul York City buildings would have been helpful.  Wonderful idea but needs a little more cutzpah dahling.

Alfred: Your tagline, and particularly the arch, immediately catches my eye. But as Nigel mentioned, I feel you could have developed the King Kong theme a bit more thoroughly. If the image had to stand on its own, without words, I would not understand what message you were trying to convey. That being said, your dress channels classic King Kong through and through.

Percie:

Janice: Geez, that gave me goosebumps! I am totally freaked out now. And yes, Nigel, I KNOW that is you secretly tapping my shoulder and trying to scare me. Back off before I go crazy cat lady on YOU!!!!

Tyra: Oh my lord this is morbid! ..And I LOVE IT. You look absolutely deranged and at the same time managed to keep it together and look like one fierce model!

Nigel: Great pose, great focus, the background being blurry adds to the creep factor, and the rarely used horizontal poster ayout really catches the eyes, some of my favorites use that layout, they really stand out, and really PO'd theaters and few were used and/or survived the refuse bin. HOT!

Alfred: Yes, the horizontal layout immediately captured my attention. The blurred background has a sure way of messing with one’s head – a factor that tends to draw audiences rather than alienate them. You look lovely and rather unkempt all at the same time, another combination that audiences love. My only real criticism would have to be in regards to your use of shadows. For a monster movie, it’s a bit too bright for my taste. But that may just be personal preference! Keep up the good work, Percie.

Rhonda:

Janice: There are a lot of good things about your pose, the lighting and your over all look in this shot... BUT I think you could have been a LOT more original with your phrase, I mean that is SO cliche....

Tyra: This photo alone put a spell on me! You've definitely channeled horror movie with this one but managed to make yourself look absolutely classy while also looking inviting. I'd hate to be the gullible sap that falls for the sexy witch in the woods, but who could resist?

Nigel: You have captivated me without a spell madam!  The intent gaze of your eyes, the position of your hands and how the forward one glows with an almost magical purpose ... you put the glam in being a witch without getting indelibly lost in the footsteps of your heritage.

Alfred: Striped leggings – an admirable homage to the Wicked Witch of the East if I do say so myself. Your hand placement and body language is stupendous, but there is a disconnect with your eyes. The flash has obscured your right eye rather badly. Personally, I think you could have raised the horror factor several notches by simply covering your right eye entirely with your hair or cape. A one eyed ghoul is a true threat to be reckoned with! And whatever font ‘The Coven’ is in, it’s uncannily complements the tone of your poster.

Voting will be open for 48 hours. At the conclusion of this time period, the judges will reveal their final call out, including the ghoul(s) that will be eliminated.

Good luck, everyone! Your did a fabulous job! May the best ghoul win!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge 2 - Evaluation
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 03:42:35 PM »
OMG they are all stunning! But my fave HAS to be Cupid...no...Jordan.....no...Kalma.....

Well done everyone, there are some amazing posters there!!! :cheer:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 12:39:35 AM by Pinkamena »

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 03:43:34 PM »
Great Job everyone! This is gonna be a tough one for the judges!!

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 03:51:16 PM »
nice entries this time :) I really liked Rhonda's and Cupid's

I'm pleased with the feedback i got this time, i'm glad the judges saw what i was trying to do :)

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 03:57:32 PM »
Argh...I should have toned the graininess down a bit.... I am sorry about that, judges.  *hopes this doesn't knock me out of the running*  >.< 

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 04:06:18 PM »
I really love them all, but one gripe- is Percie's poster meant to be misspelled?
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 04:09:17 PM »
no it is not x_______________X *insert curse words* dangit and i thought i doubled checked everything. *sigh* next time: triple check >.< >.<

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 04:21:12 PM »
Wow, Percie is freakin me out! And I don't want to meet Cupid in a dark alley, yikes! Great job everyone!

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 04:33:30 PM »
as for "pet semetary" IS misspelled BUT ... it is that way from stephen king's book and the movie adaptation ... i love that boogar of an author but sometimes i think his brain melted from his checkered past ... it is supposed to look like a child wrote it and thus it is misspelled lol

so yes it is meant to be that way ;)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 04:35:13 PM by kamakazee82 »
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 04:37:01 PM »
the book/movie is actually sematary, not semetary... is it's a misspelling of a misspelling, but we can all just agree to call it intentional, right? ;)

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 04:38:07 PM »
These are all so amazing! I have my favourite this round, though!

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 04:39:05 PM »
i think it depends on what publishing of the book and which page in which book you look at lol it drove me bonkers reading the edition i had first so i gave it away and got a deifferent one where most of it was fixed ... most ... *eye twitch* lmao

and maybe it was intentional  so as to avoid copyright and/or trademarks lmao

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 04:42:33 PM »
YES, totally, we'll go with that :D

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2012, 04:55:48 PM »
no it is not x_______________X *insert curse words* dangit and i thought i doubled checked everything. *sigh* next time: triple check >.< >.<  YES I SO TOTALLY MEANT IT TO AVOID ANY SORT OF INFRINGEMENT ON A REALLY CREEPY MOVIE AND/OR BOOK!

lmao SEE Ravie! we fixed it for ya! lol

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2012, 05:02:36 PM »
OMG, after seeing everyones I actually got sad thinking I didn't do a good job at all. DX
EVERYONE'S posters are just so animated and awesooooome. I want to see these movies. I'm so impressed.

And OMG I even have votes this time. hehe. That was actually not flash on her eye, but candle light. And my creeeeepy basement. The outfit was hard to work with, so I'm glad y'all like it!

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal