collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: help with ebay purchase EDIT UPDATE!!  (Read 773 times)

Stormpony6

• Trade Count: (0)
help with ebay purchase EDIT UPDATE!!
« on: July 03, 2012, 02:17:42 AM »
UPDATE: well the seller dragged out giving me my 4 euro refund but finally sent it through. BUT he apparently forgot to respond to the paypal case. and paypal refunded me the whole sale amount!  :shocked: :biggrin: yayay

i recently bought a TE masquerade and a white fairy tale bird of a seller on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/170848983845?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_1361

the reason i bid on masquerade was because of the pic shown and of how good a condittion she was in. she arrived the other day and is nothing like the picture. she has black rub marks over her wings on her lip in her legs :( she was packaged in an envelope that had writing on the inside of the envelope.

The fairy tale bird as cheap enough, i was a little iffy on the postage which was 7 EUR. now when she arrived it only cost them 2.95EUR to send her.

i have contacted the seller for a partial as the pony is NOT how it looks in the photo but they have pretty much said we will give you no money back or you can send it back for a full refund. now i dont want to send her back and im trying to resolve nicely but should i open a dispute? i think an 8 EUR refund is about right that is the 4 EUR i was overcharged on postage plus 4 Eur for a pony sent not as described due to his negligence.

please help!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 11:31:14 PM by Stormpony6 »

Offline simplysteffie

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://simplysteffie.deviantart.com/
Re: help with ebay purchase
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 02:59:25 AM »
Lucky for you, the pony can be fixed.

Most people will want to do one or the other- send it back for a refund or keep it and have nothing.

If you don't mind the hassle, file a claim. You have that right, may as well use it. Don't try to fix the pony til it's solved though.
WANTED/Will Buy: All TE Locket's, UK Starlight's & pink G1's
My DA: http://simplysteffie.deviantart.com/
My FB: http://www.facebook.com/hottdamnitssteff
Sales on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/hottdangitssteff/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686
(Thanks for the avatar Adrean!)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 03:14:04 AM »
I am sorry about your pony  :(

It looks like permanent marker though so I am not sure you are going to be able to remove it.

If I was you I would send pictures to your seller.  I would explain that the envelope she used had writing on the inside or it leaked from the outside in and on to the pony.  Maybe if she see's it, she will agree to the partial.

Just to let you know though if you open a case, ebay will have you return the pony.  They will not make her give you a partial refund. 

Personally I would return it because like I stated I think you are going to have a hard time removing those marks.  And she is comes up pretty often so replacing her should not be a problem.  But the decision is ultimately yours on how you want to proceed.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 04:34:38 AM »
Ugh, that pony looked so pretty in the photo. Why would they send it in an envelope like that?

I mean, I have no problem with that if that is what you want to do. But it looks so well groomed and in great condition! Why risk it?

Are we sure it's the same pony? Do you think she might have sent you another one and just put the same ribbon on that one?

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 05:26:22 AM »
Unfortuntatey, the rub spot to the symbol in Stormpony's first picture, match up to one posted by the seller. Im be willing to bet it is the same pony.

Is the writing on the inside of the envelope sharpie or pencil or pen?

I have to agree that showing the seller pictures may help thing. But show her a picture of the envelope too.

If this is something that will clean off of her, I would keep her and wash her up. It looks like the damage was done during shipping due to the poor packaging. I doubt the seller deliberately did this since, as I mentioned, she does look to be the same pony.

Good luck!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 05:42:14 AM »
Oh wow , what a shame that lovely pony got ruined by the packaging :(   :sad:  I do think that you could remove the marks eventually with sunfading but it could take months. You did the right thing contacting the seller, but I think that ponylady is right - if you send the seller the pics of the pony (and also pics of the envelpoe if you still have it) it might help too , at least so that they know how not to pack ponies in the future!. They may decide to give you a partial when they see what has happend to the pony ;) 
 If you open a case then if the seller still doesnt agree to a partial  then you'll have to return the pony for a full refund anyways (you have to send it back with delivery confirmation/tracking BTW) .   
I think I would try once more with the seller, sending them the pics, but then if that doesnt work I guess you need to decide if its worth sending the pony back for a refund , or whether it still might be better to try and clean/sunfade  the pony :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 06:32:57 AM »
I definitely think you should send photos as was mentioned. It might sound like you are trying to scam her on her end.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 09:26:28 AM »
Oh!  I am so sorry that happened... hopefully Ebay will see that the packaging could have caused the damage - did you take photos of the envelope, by any chance? 

Best of luck resolving this!  I added this seller to "poor packaging" on the Traderlist...  *crosses hooves for you*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 09:29:38 AM »
You can totally remove those marks with Remove-zit!  At least that's the good news :)  I'm sorry you had to go through this though.

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal