collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Poor Abuse Ponies.... Makes me Wonder :(  (Read 7458 times)

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
Re: Poor Abuse Ponies.... Makes me Wonder :(
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2012, 07:14:34 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

FriendshipIsWitchcraft975

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2012, 07:16:05 PM »

:lmao: :lmao:
You deserve a medal.

Margos

« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2012, 10:18:00 PM »
I don't know, you guys.  Whether it's the children's fault, the parent's fault, or society's fault, this is not really acceptable.  It still shows a wasteful, malicious spirit.

And I'm not talking about toys that accidently got damaged on adventures, that's natural.  But I'm saying these kids who actually destroy their toys to make a break with childhood.  Really, it shows that our society handles childhood in a very immature way, and it's kinda sick.

Especially since, OK, you think you're too "grown up" for toys.  Then give 'em to some little kid who doesn't have any.  Just because you've had enough of them that they seem completely worthless doesn't mean that they ARE worthless.  And it's just callous to think so.

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2012, 10:28:44 PM »
when i was a child the first beanie baby i got i cut its whiskers i didn't know any better that they wouldn't grow back but i would never break my toys granted i didn't like my barbie dolls and some would end up with teir heads offf i was trying to tell my family to stop bying them for me i didnt damage them really they could be easily put back together i wasnt trying to destoy them just send a mesage to my gma that i didnt like them i never really like dolls i loved animals and vidio games most of my toys where animals i ever played with barbies id have them become castaways or native peoples

Moonracer

« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2012, 12:11:39 AM »
When I was a little kid, I would take good care of my toys... well, at least in 90% of the cases (my Little Giggles with a nasty marker spot on her face). I'd never cut my ponies' manes or tails or my Barbies' hair. I thought this was a really stupid thing to do with your dolls, because even back then as a kid I knew that the hair won't grow back to it's original length, so why destroy something just because you want to play a hairdresses (I think this is mostly the reason why Play Doh had all those play sets where you had this little plastic guy growing Play Doh hair - it may not be a real deal, but still it's some way of preventing kiddies from destroying their dollies)?

So yeah, I as kid would've never even dared to destroy my pony like that. That and besides my parents would've been mad at me for doing that: they've tought me that one should respect things they have.

I'm not talking about damage made by accident, becasue, as we all know, accidents do happen... tough luck. Kids are kids - they're not always careful. I'm talking about kids who deliberately damage their toys, for one reason or another.

I think the reason why this happens, is because most little kids are spoiled - parents don't teach them the value of things they have. My parents, for example, would always tell me to take care of my toys, because I they won't be getting me another one, once it's destroyed, because they simply couldn't afford buying the same toy over and over again  - and it worked (well, in 99% of the cases). Today, in most cases, when a kid purposefully destroys the toy, to the point where it's no longer in a playable condition, parents buy them another one. Simple as that.

And that is just sad, because what will this kids grow up to be? Will they be teaching their kids the same values, that it's okay to destroy your toys because mommy/daddy's always gonna buy you a new one?

This thought's kind of scary...

Angelshy

« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2012, 02:33:45 AM »
It is distressing. I could be siblings/pets/bullies getting hold of the child's pony and wrecking it *shrug*. I know one of out childhood ponies has a rather horrific mane cut from her previous owner (she was bought second hand for us).

Offline nearlyheadlessnayy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2012, 07:57:15 AM »
I'd never hurt my ponies ever as a child, of course my gusty got a bit scraped from being taken everywhere and dropped down a rabbit hole once, and highlighter from sitting her on my colouring book whilst I used my felt tips!
But never out of spite, the only toy I ever ruined was when I wanted to try and give a barbie layers when I went though a hair cutting stage, she just ended up with hair which kinda looked like a flight of stairs!

I don't understand children that want to take the heads off or scribble on them, it makes me so sad and I'm sure the ponies hate it too!

Edit:
I did just think of one bad thing I did with a teddy, I threw it out the window on the motorway then cried when I realised it didn't come back..
I'd watched a program that morning on boomerang and got it in my head that everything I threw would come right back,  I was about 3/4  :cry: :cry: Sorry little teddy, I hope you were rescued on that road!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 08:01:19 AM by nearlyheadlessnayy »
*Thanks Tinrobo for my avatar! <3**

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2012, 08:01:04 AM »
As for haircutting:

I did give my ponies haircuts, but none of them were to 'mullet' extremes. Usually maybe a what, centimeter trim. I don't have any of my childhood ponies anymore, but it's happy to think that maybe they are in some oneelse's collection, and they have restored them back to their full length. n-n

Itajn

« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2012, 08:22:13 AM »
As a child, I've cut hair of one of my favourite dolls once. I was really upset when I found out that her hair won't grow back. After that, cutting hair was an ultimate taboo for me. but I've painted horsehoes and makeup on my childhood ponies. :huh:
What's strange, when I found my only surviving childhood pony, she had both her mane and tail cut. May be it was done by my younger sister, I don't remember.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2012, 10:57:39 AM »
If it's things like bite marks, it's probably a dog or a cat. As for markers and hair cuts, some kids are just like that, at least that's easier to fix with sunfading and rehairing, where as bite marks are more difficult to fix.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2012, 07:54:01 PM »
When I was little, it was drilled into my head that I had to take care of toys. I remember that when I was really young, I got in big trouble for scribbling in the book We Help Mommy, and after that, I knew that toy abuse was out! I can't understand why parents would let their kids destroy things like they do. If I was a parent, I wouldn't want my kids to ruin something I spent money on for them!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2012, 10:59:42 PM »
I have to add to this~

All of my life (even now) I thought Toy Story was real, and even before I'd seen Toy Story I thought my toys had feelings, and sometimes I would talk to them and coo them when they were sad. I had hundreds of ponies, because my mom knew they made me really happy. I had a slumber party when I was 8 and my friends wanted to see the ponies I talked and cared for so much. I agreed and they picked out their ponies. I searched for Minty, and couldn't find her, when I saw a friend had her I just shrugged it off, and picked Rainbow Flash and baby BellaLuna. My friends complained that my ponies were drab and boring, and they needed to have make up or haircuts, I instantly refused. They also complained about how pink my littlest pet shops, ponies and barbies all were, and that this makes you uncool. When they left, they hated me for having so much more than they did (My mom is rather rich, and bought me stuff for no reason, I'm still kicking her for that, but thankfully I turned out grateful of my things) So when they left I went upstairs, very sad that my best friends now hated me, I looked at the ponies we had just played with, Denim Blue, Goody Dumdrop, Minty, Rainbow Flash and baby BellaLuna.I looked at the ones I played with and their harsh (to me) words echoed in my mind, that I needed to grow up, I needed to cut their hair make them different. So, I was really upset and grabbed Rainbow, and stroked her long hair, brushed it and whilst doing so, I saw her pink stripe, and even though ponies usually got my mind off of things, this didn't. I cut the pink stripe out of her hair, grabbed Bella Luna's mane, and cut her a forelock, and a really short tail. Then I realized the forelock looked bad and cut it of completely. This hurt me later in the day, I ran upstairs later that day and looked at the ponies that I just maimed, even though I loved them so dearly. I promised never to harm them again and to this day I still have them, and none of my other ponies have marks or haircuts.
My mom taught me things with the belt... So I started to become extremely intellectual and learned right from wrong fast. This actually helped me in the long run. :cool:
I still have the mindset that my toys can hear me, and my stuffed animals love hugging me, and I still act like a child in the sense that one of the reasons I CAN'T rid myself of my toys is because I still feel like the moment I got them, I promised to be their friend, and I couldn't break that promise.
I guess I really am jacked up  :blush:

Ok.. first off.. you are not jacked up..
I think its awsome that you still love and care for you MLP's like that..
I never hurt my toys when i was a kid. They were my friends, and how could i hurt my friends?
I was constantly mad fun of by my big sister.. she hated my mlp's, and my other dolls. She wanted to "Grow up".  and wnted me to as well. I had to choose to shut up my ponies for years or let her destroy them.
I'm glad that there are people out there who never had to do that.
you should always love them.
I still do. I still have glory, she was my first mlp. She was with me when i had to have surgury as a kid, when i had bad chicken pox.. and many other things.
i still have her.. i still love her.. and i will never part with them again.
I hope you never do either.

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2012, 02:35:23 AM »
as others said, there are some kids who modify them on purpose, and some just go wild on them.
when i was in ireland as au pair, the kids in my family got new toys every week. they simply didn´t care, had no affection for any of these toys, just toss them around. and however, even if they behaved really bad, they allways get thier toys.

for me, this is the worst case to teahc a kid how to handle what belongs to them. if i child misbehaves a lot. don´t give them toys, they wont value it. if a kid cuts a toys hair, don´t buy a replacement right away. leave it in thier hands for a while to let them see how the change affects playing and that a haircut stays.

i for my part remember cutting doll clothes apart and sewing them a bit different, so she could fit my favorite plush kangaroo. XD

just my two cents.
 i think attempts of customizing thier toys is okay, but they shall not loose care of them.

~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2012, 06:39:12 AM »
I don't look at as abuse.....I see it as well loved. My childhood Bluebelle was loved to literal death. I took her everywhere and did everything with her. She lost part of her mane and part of her tail. She wasn't blue anymore....but rather brown. Most of her stars were gone. I can remember once an aunt tried to replace Bluebelle with a nicer one that she had gotten somewhere. I was so upset that she wanted me to get rid of her....because I wasn't good to her. I didn't want a new Bluebelle....I wanted MY Bluebelle. By the time I went off to college....I know that one of her ears was mangled and her back legs were bent. I am most sad that she went into the yard sale....because whoever bought her with the others probably threw her out. If I had her today, she would be displayed so proudly....that or she would be tossed into my purse....so we could continue our adventures. :)

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2012, 11:25:15 AM »
I have to add to this~

All of my life (even now) I thought Toy Story was real, and even before I'd seen Toy Story I thought my toys had feelings, and sometimes I would talk to them and coo them when they were sad. I had hundreds of ponies, because my mom knew they made me really happy. I had a slumber party when I was 8 and my friends wanted to see the ponies I talked and cared for so much. I agreed and they picked out their ponies. I searched for Minty, and couldn't find her, when I saw a friend had her I just shrugged it off, and picked Rainbow Flash and baby BellaLuna. My friends complained that my ponies were drab and boring, and they needed to have make up or haircuts, I instantly refused. They also complained about how pink my littlest pet shops, ponies and barbies all were, and that this makes you uncool. When they left, they hated me for having so much more than they did (My mom is rather rich, and bought me stuff for no reason, I'm still kicking her for that, but thankfully I turned out grateful of my things) So when they left I went upstairs, very sad that my best friends now hated me, I looked at the ponies we had just played with, Denim Blue, Goody Dumdrop, Minty, Rainbow Flash and baby BellaLuna.I looked at the ones I played with and their harsh (to me) words echoed in my mind, that I needed to grow up, I needed to cut their hair make them different. So, I was really upset and grabbed Rainbow, and stroked her long hair, brushed it and whilst doing so, I saw her pink stripe, and even though ponies usually got my mind off of things, this didn't. I cut the pink stripe out of her hair, grabbed Bella Luna's mane, and cut her a forelock, and a really short tail. Then I realized the forelock looked bad and cut it of completely. This hurt me later in the day, I ran upstairs later that day and looked at the ponies that I just maimed, even though I loved them so dearly. I promised never to harm them again and to this day I still have them, and none of my other ponies have marks or haircuts.
My mom taught me things with the belt... So I started to become extremely intellectual and learned right from wrong fast. This actually helped me in the long run. :cool:
I still have the mindset that my toys can hear me, and my stuffed animals love hugging me, and I still act like a child in the sense that one of the reasons I CAN'T rid myself of my toys is because I still feel like the moment I got them, I promised to be their friend, and I couldn't break that promise.
I guess I really am jacked up  :blush:

Actually you're not alone in that :) I used to think (and treat) my possessions as if they were living beeings. Making sure they were comfortable and had a "good life". And honestly, untill this day I still kind of have that mentality XD
I do kinda feel like a complete nuttcase while talking to my ponies with a babyvoice, petting them and telling them how much they mean to me, but fortunatly noone can hear me XD
I think I got it from the muppet christmas show called "The Christmas Toy", which my mum and I watched every christmas ever since I was a little itty bitty girl. I wanted to make sure my toys didn't feel neglected and sad like the toys in that show :P
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal