collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ThunderCats HO!  (Read 2702 times)

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
ThunderCats HO!
« on: June 30, 2012, 08:23:47 PM »
So I showed off my TCst collection on the "Favorite non MLP collection" thread buty I think TCats deserves its own thread...come you TCat fans, let's see your stuff!

What think ye of the new series?  I think it's pretty damned good.  But the season finale!!  O_O  Won't reveal anything here.  But man.

Here's mine:

OK we start with the Cats Lair!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Next, the top shelf: We've got the lunchbox, Mumm-Ra's Tomb (you can turn the little compartment in the middle and put the transformed version of Mumm-Ra in there so he can "transform") And of course Transformed Mumm-Ra, mummy Mumm-Ra, Ma-Mutt, and Safari Joe, the greatest hunter in the galaxy.  He hunts sentients as well as beasts.  (He's got pox/cancer!  >P )

Next, the carrying Case, a scary Lion-O gumball dispenser, The Snowman of Hook mountain, and the Berzerkers: Hammerhand, Ram Bam (the red one), Top Spinner (the purple one), and Cruncher (the one in front)  Aaaand the toy Sword of Omens, my absolute favorite TCats toy.  it's a childhood toy, too.

Next!  The good stuff.  From left to right:  RobearBert, Wilykat and Wilykit (the ones that came with Tygra and CHeetara), Cheetara in the HoverCat, Tygra and Lion-O in the back, RobearBelle, Snarf, and RobearBob in th front, Panthro in the ThunderTank with Bengali at the turret, A really baity Jaga in the back, and the poseable Wilykit and Wilykat.

Next shelf:  "Young" Tygra as he's called, Pumyra in the back, Lynx-O on the ThunderClaw, a Tuskan Warrior, Grune the Destroyer, in front of them the Burger King cup.  Next, Poseable Ma-Mutt, Orange-maned Lion-O, Poseable Snarf, the BK Snarf Pencil Topper, a little projection light, and the Control Room playset, designed for the little PVC figures.  (Better pic of that coming up soon)

And the Mutants!  I love these guys.  >: ]  To then left is Jackalman, in a Skycutter, an MOC Monkian (though the bubble came loose and he came out at one point...still he's in good shape), Rataro piloting the Fistpounder (came with box), Monkian in the back, and Vultureman up on the turret. 

Next, accessories!  First pic:  Jackalman's club, Vultureman's claw thingy, Two Tygra whips, one from Tygra and one from "young" Tygra, Lunx-O's Light Shield, The two battery packs for the Mumm-Ra and Lion-O figures (their eyes light up), The Rat Sais, the Red Claw Shield, Bengali's hammer, Pumyra's Sling, Monian's helmet, a ladder from the Lair, and the front of the "Mutant assault vehicle" that came with the lair.

Second pic:  S-S-Slithe's ax, the shield, lance, and helmet for the Snowman of Hook Mountain, a disk from the projector (there are two others if I remember right), Grune's mace, Panthro's nunchucks, Two daggers belinging to big Mumm-Ra, a staff belonging to mummy Mumm-Ra, a spiked thing also belonging to Grune, Monkian's mace, Tuskan Warrior's gun, orange Claw Shield, Hachiman's sword, the orange and red Swords of Omens, and one of the twins' hoverboards--I only have one.

Fistpounder box, TCats Lite Brite wannabe, inserts for the Fistpounder and Lair, and a scary Lion-O mask.

Vintage books, comics, the Panini sticker album (I am addicted to those), and a product list from the Fistpounder (It's the Italian one--and the big comic with S-S-Slithe Is Back on it is a UK comic):

Me modeling an awesome play kit:

Wildstorm comics (some of the artwork on these...yikes!):

A closer close of the PVC figures and the Control Room playset--the little lever makes the circle in the middle pop up to eject enemies:

Some new figures:

And last, but not least...some REALLY amatuerish custom figures!  I was a total novice when I made these, LOL.  The Alluro one (the biggest one) is pretty good but otherwise...argh.  I did mke the weapons decently, though, out of Sculpey:

« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 08:31:15 PM by hyenacub »

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
Re: ThunderCats HO!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 08:40:02 PM »
What an awesome collection!!!

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 08:53:47 PM »
I LOVE THUNDER CATS!!!  I love both the old and the new series!

The new one has me screaming and waiting for the next one!!!

Wow! That was NUTS!!!!

I'm still waiting for them to introduce two more characters! hint ...hint

GloriaFan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 08:55:18 PM »
WOO THUNDERCATS. Awesome collection, man!

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 09:20:22 PM »
kitty--so are my friend and I!  XD  Well one was introduced, but only veeeery breifly.  I hope he ends up joining the group.  The other, though, i wonder how they'll intro him!

Gemini and Gloria, thanks!  I need more TCat stuff.  I haven't collected in a while. I should start. XD

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline RavenWolf

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 11:07:30 PM »
WOW what an awesome collection!! I've been a Thundercats fan since I was just a little thing. Me and my brother used to pretend we were Thundercats. LOL I think I still prefer the old series, but the new one is pretty cool as well. :)

I think I have a Lion-o figure someplace.. its funny in all my years thrift storing, fleamarkets and yard sales. I've never come across any Thundercats items.  :huh:

On a side note: OMG that Lion-o Halloween mask looks like a scary demented Ronald McDonald mask.  :yikes:

Boldly going where no pony has gone before...

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 12:27:13 AM »
lmao Yeah it's pretty scary, all right.  XD  I don't find TCat items a lot, but I have found them here and there, scattered about.  I have an extra snarf pencil topper, a Hachiman, and one or two other little items I intend to sell at some point.  but I never find anything I don't have anymore.

Though...there is a comic shop I go to sometimes that will often have TCat items.  I got the Lair, several figures, the Skycutter and ThunderClaw there.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 06:16:06 AM »
Your collection is awesome cubby!!!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Cinnabar

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 07:56:13 AM »
Very nice collection! I loved watching the Thundercats as a kid. :blush:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 10:13:40 AM »
That is an awesome collection!  Love the pic of you modelling the gear. :D 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline mlpcrazy

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 08:45:17 AM »
lmao Yeah it's pretty scary, all right.  XD  I don't find TCat items a lot, but I have found them here and there, scattered about.  I have an extra snarf pencil topper, a Hachiman, and one or two other little items I intend to sell at some point.  but I never find anything I don't have anymore.

Though...there is a comic shop I go to sometimes that will often have TCat items.  I got the Lair, several figures, the Skycutter and ThunderClaw there.

Is that Krypton Comics?  I haven't gone there much since they moved, not really a fan of their new location, but they always used to have a pretty good action figure selection. 

As for the new show OMG LOVE!!!!  I think the only thing I've been disappointed in was how short Liono's trials were, but otherwise its been great.  I can't believe what "you know who" did there at the end, well the entire time really!  It makes me soooooo anxious for another season, but so far no news on that front, which is uber disappointing. 

Have you ever met Larry Kenney (voice of 80s Liono)?  He is a RIOT!  Also, in case you might be interested, there's a con for Tcats now...its a joint one with He-man/She-ra.  Link is here: ThunderCon/Power-Con

Hubby and I went last year, and its great!  There are so many guests/talent, and since its still a rather small affair (about the size of MLPFair), you really get to spend time with them and have nice conversations.  It's actually the reason why I'm not going to the MLPFair this year, can only afford to go to one, and hubby and I have more joint interests at this one...he's not so much into ponies LOL! 

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 09:41:12 AM »
Oh nice!  That's a rad collection you have there. :D
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 10:22:32 AM »
I absolutely adore Thundercats.  Nice collection!  I have lots of fine memories of playing with Lion-O and Mumm-Ra. 

I loved it when they did the Wildstorm comics.  I haven't watched the whole new series yet because I cried to much on that leaf guy episode.  I am an emotional wreck apparently  :blush:

Offline Echo_Shell

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • De Omnibus Dubitandem.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 10:30:23 AM »
Nice collection!  Used to have a bunch of these, myself...but they're scattered somewhere.  maybe the attic.

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 11:05:14 AM »
I love Thundercats! One of my favorite shows as a kid.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal