collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pawn shop and trading shows  (Read 1338 times)

Englishgothgirl

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pawn shop and trading shows
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 04:19:12 PM »
We love auction hunters with ton & allen, but we hate that storage hunters with that guy & his wife, they seem to be right  morons, know nothing about what they're buying & fighting & arguing at auctions etc.? really annoys me

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pawn shop and trading shows
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 09:48:05 PM »
My boyfriend is the same way - he can't watch when he thinks someone is getting cheated.  The way I try to explain it to him, especially with shows like Pickers, it's simple retail.  In a retail store, you want to buy something that is half the price of what you're going to sell it for.  This is the same thing, but since it's a bigger number it's harder to look at it that way.  Plus they have to pay for all their time looking and the space it take up in their store.  I just like to look at all the cool stuff!

Same here! And yeah, it's retail markup, I don't think it's cheating. If the collectors wanted to sell their stuff at retail themselves they could, but getting set up to do that yourself is a lot of work, so instead you might prefer to sell for less to retailers (pickers). And I sure get excited when I go to a thrift store and buy something for $2 that someone had simply donated... and I know it's actually worth $20... so... that's the same kind of thing and I can't complain :D

I really like Canadian Pickers because I like it when they go to cities I know  ^.^ I also think they seem pretty fun and friendly and they don't really pressure anyone (that I've seen, anyway).  :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 09:49:54 PM by Zombelina »
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal