collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Baby Surprise needs some help! D:  (Read 433 times)

Offline anthologia

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • a collection : gathering flowers
    • View Profile
Baby Surprise needs some help! D:
« on: June 29, 2012, 12:58:13 PM »
So I'm working on restoring a Baby Surprise, but I'm having some problems with the spots on her. I've tried a bleach bath (twice, actually), but that doesn't appear to have done anything (except kill her mold I hope). I can't figure out if it wasn't strong enough or something. I've also tried acetone nail polish remover, but that didn't help much, either. :/ I'm probably gonna cover up her eyes and cutie marks and put her in a window for a few days, but at this rate, I dunno.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Her back end. It's mostly okay. She's more yellowed than the pictures show her - I couldn't do much about that, unfortunately - but the balloon parts of her cutie marks are intact, and there's some yellow coloring around her tail hole (I think the dye bled).

It's hard to see, but there's a little brown dot on her leg. There's a few more like that on the inside of her, too.

Pony face~ There's a little something on her eye, a dark smudge underneath it, and a blue smudge that I think was probably ink.

She's still a bit dirty on the inside, too. :/

Any suggestions?

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
Re: Baby Surprise needs some help! D:
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 06:12:30 PM »
Sunfading is the best bet for the yellow areas and the blue mark.  The yellow areas are probably caused by her hair bleeding into her plastic.  The little brown area?  That's cancer and nothing I've seen will get rid of it.  You could dab it with a smidge or white/off white paint.

Offline enchantress41580

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Retro Dolls US
Re: Baby Surprise needs some help! D:
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 06:29:14 PM »
As CSA said- sunfading is the best. If you put some zit cream on it before sticking in the sun, that will help the fading process. Nail polish remover won't work, and isn't really great for removing paint- if you are looking to remove paint, I'd suggest pure acetone, which you can find at your local beauty salon, Home Depot or Lowes. Be careful when using however as it can eat through plastic if left on too long in large amts. (such as soaking). The stains you showed aren't like normal paint stains, they're more likely re-grind http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Regrind   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal