collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 35236 times)

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #585 on: July 04, 2012, 08:05:34 PM »
Wow those shoes on Cleo are amazing   :shocked:

I noticed a while ago how Cleo (and Lagoona a bit) are getting a bit behind on releases, is so sad.

She is actually the only of the main dolls wish I don't own any release, I hope to get the ghouls rule one.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 04, 2012, 08:16:52 PM »
Nooo you're cementing my need for this set Dx those shoes are awesome!

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #587 on: July 04, 2012, 08:19:34 PM »

I noticed a while ago how Cleo (and Lagoona a bit) are getting a bit behind on releases, is so sad.

She is actually the only of the main dolls wish I don't own any release, I hope to get the ghouls rule one.
Alas, 'tis the fate of all characters not part of the "Mane 3" in this case. They tend to focus on Frankie, Lala and Clawdeen a lot in the webisodes and cartoons, but Cleo and Lagoona are sort of minor characters comparatively. I wouldn't be surprised if after Venus and Robecca and the new Scaris girls get released, we start seeing less of Abbey and Operetta too. :c

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 04, 2012, 08:26:12 PM »
Aw the Skull Shores 5-pack girls are really cute!  ^.^ I'm not going to try to get them because there's other exclusives that'll be hard for me to get that I want more (Scary Tales :D) but it's awesome that they're starting to show up.

I wonder when the DDG 3-pack will show up at Walmart? I still haven't found the regular DDG yet  >_< But it's the 3-pack I'm really excited for...

aellos your CAMs are adorable! So sweet :heart:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 04, 2012, 08:35:56 PM »
Oh, mega-congrats on your find Kafrizzle! :) I love Cleo and Clawdeen. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, would you be able to take a picture of Cleo's shoes? I've been curious of what they look like.
Sure thing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Would you be able to take a pic of Cleo and Clawdeen without the wraps? I'm curious what their actual bathing suits look like.

This is not helping how much I /need/ this pack. Also. I spy me some Kamen Rider Faiz, Blade, and Ryuki toys.... what ones are they? o_______o

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #590 on: July 04, 2012, 08:42:03 PM »

Alas, 'tis the fate of all characters not part of the "Mane 3" in this case. They tend to focus on Frankie, Lala and Clawdeen a lot in the webisodes and cartoons, but Cleo and Lagoona are sort of minor characters comparatively. I wouldn't be surprised if after Venus and Robecca and the new Scaris girls get released, we start seeing less of Abbey and Operetta too. :c

You made very good points, it took me a while to get a Lagoona.

It would be sad too see Operetta and Abbey get behind too, but I guess their hype from last year is almost gone, .. sigh .

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #591 on: July 04, 2012, 08:59:39 PM »
However, it would be really awesome to see someone else in black and white... Frankie's hair was already greyscale, so it would be cool to see someone who usually has colorful hair in black and white.

>.>

<.<

What? I'm totally not working on a custom like that. Nope. Not at all. *hides grey hair*

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #592 on: July 04, 2012, 09:03:54 PM »
Because she;s the unofficial main character. Like Barbie or Jem or Dee. The line is designed to be a bit of a ensemble, but Frankie is definitely the "star".
Right. Makes sense, I suppose. Still, I wish the b&w SS Frankie had been some kind of exclusive instead of the general release. I would much rather have her in color as I really have no interest in owning a b&w doll. I only bought her because I like her hairdo the best out of all the Frankies and also because she was only $4.13 on Amazon at the time. I really hope someone can help me get a color one to replace the b&w one with as there is about zero chance that 5-pack will ever get released here.

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 04, 2012, 09:15:56 PM »
Right. Makes sense, I suppose. Still, I wish the b&w SS Frankie had been some kind of exclusive instead of the general release. I would much rather have her in color as I really have no interest in owning a b&w doll. I only bought her because I like her hairdo the best out of all the Frankies and also because she was only $4.13 on Amazon at the time. I really hope someone can help me get a color one to replace the b&w one with as there is about zero chance that 5-pack will ever get released here.

If you had no interest in getting her THEN WHY DID YOU GET HER? What is the point of buying a doll then complaining about how you did not want her in the first place, but if said version of her had been an exclusive you would have been all, "Omg!  I totally needz u!!!!!!11!!one"

I just....WHAT? That...honestly makes zero sense to me, like,  at all.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #594 on: July 04, 2012, 09:24:58 PM »
Well he did say he liked the hairdo the best... ^^;

Folly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #595 on: July 04, 2012, 09:30:20 PM »
Well, because he liked her hairdo best, and she was cheap.... $4 versus $20 is pretty good imo XD I would have bought her for that price and I'm not particularly fond of frankie.  Wasn't into MH at the time though

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 04, 2012, 09:33:31 PM »
Midnight, if you have problems with people's reasons for buying dolls for themselves, please keep it to yourself. There is no reason for a reaction like that.

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 04, 2012, 09:37:22 PM »

He could have gotten the same haircut with the colored version, which is obviously the one he wanted. I am sorry, but buying a doll then complaining about how you 1) didn't really want them in the first place and 2) would have bought said doll without complaint if it were an exclusive is extremely stupid. I mean....there are just no words.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #598 on: July 04, 2012, 09:44:29 PM »

He could have gotten the same haircut with the colored version, which is obviously the one he wanted. I am sorry, but buying a doll then complaining about how you 1) didn't really want them in the first place and 2) would have bought said doll without complaint if it were an exclusive is extremely stupid. I mean....there are just no words.
The coloured version was only just released in the States though, and only as an exclusive in a 5-pack of dolls. O:

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #599 on: July 04, 2012, 09:47:15 PM »
Ah yes. This is the internet. For a second there, I forgot. Thanks for reminding me.  :sleepy:

Two things:

1) When I bought her, I did not know there was going to be a color version. I thought the b&w one was my only option. If I had known, I would not have bought it. Unfortunately for me, I didn't find out that there was going to be a full color one (and another bloody exclusive at that) until after I'd bought the b&w one.

2) If she had been an exclusive, I would not have bought her without complaint. In fact, I would not have bought her at all. I hate the whole exclusives thing with a passion.

What I meant was, why couldn't the color one have been the general release available to everybody and the b&w one an exclusive that only the hardcore collectors would want (like the original b&w signature Frankie was)? Why does the color one have to be the hard-to-get exclusive?!  :shakefist:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 09:54:29 PM by pukunui »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal