collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 35478 times)

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #435 on: July 03, 2012, 12:54:53 PM »
I've got both the Killer Style and the Day at the Maul fashion pack because I'm..........crazy.  I used Killer Style Lala to make my Vampire CAM.  She was a cheap alternative to any other doll I could find at the time (a.k.a. the MH drought) and I wanted the bizaro DatM outfits.  They are great general outfits that fit (almost) any character, where as all the other fashion packs are geared to a specific monster.  I'm actually excited for the second set of Killer Style dolls to come out!
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
« Reply #436 on: July 03, 2012, 12:55:26 PM »
I also think I need another of the wig from the set... I stuck it on my Ghost girl head while washing it.. and the ghost girl head looked SO CUTE with the sea monster/vamp wig... because the bangs went over some of the 'raccoon' paint of her face and just ugh. It softened it up so much! I should take a picture of that later... hm.. maybe when I'm not spinning from the heat and my neck killing me...

I put that wig on my CAM ghost too... it does look great on her. :) She looks much sweeter with it than with her original wig!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 03, 2012, 12:55:53 PM »
I love that purple wig...wish Liv wigs were easier to find in the UK.

My seamonster, Echo, has the blue wig from the skelly CaM set (got it off eBay)

I like that wig on her. :D I have the Witch/Werecat CAM wig on mine right now. I think it looks too cute. :D

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 03, 2012, 12:59:39 PM »
I need all the CaMs...then I need extra wigs and torsos...then there will be much swapping of wigs! I was looking at some custom wigs on eBay and they are lush but...lots of money! Same on Etsy, although when I get the rest of the CaMs I'm going to have to invest in pretty wigs as the MH do my head in as it seems you can see the plastic on all of them unless you're super-careful.

Does anyone know if any of the double-torso CaM sets are coming to the UK? I don't know if I should wait for them to come out here or just get singles and buy extra torsos.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 03, 2012, 01:03:18 PM »
I also think I need another of the wig from the set... I stuck it on my Ghost girl head while washing it.. and the ghost girl head looked SO CUTE with the sea monster/vamp wig... because the bangs went over some of the 'raccoon' paint of her face and just ugh. It softened it up so much! I should take a picture of that later... hm.. maybe when I'm not spinning from the heat and my neck killing me...
I put that wig on my CAM ghost too... it does look great on her. :) She looks much sweeter with it than with her original wig!
I wish the original wig for the Ghost CAM was as good as the promo pic is.. I love the colors... but it's so short and thin. I just wanna toss it across the room. Mattel is amazing at getting my money and filling the void Hasbro left, lmao.

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 03, 2012, 01:04:48 PM »
I love the CAM wigs.  Most people complain about them (I've done my fair share when it came to the newest Starter sets.) but I can't get enough!  I've got two of each now (except for the newest waves) and I still want more!  I cut down the Skeleton wig while it was on the Sea Monster's head, getting it just right, then put it on the Puma and he totally stole the thing from her!  So once again my Sea Monster is bald:(  It's okay though.  I've been planning on re-rooting the wig caps for the Dragon and most likely the Sea Monster too, but everytime I get a new wig, I end up cutting in down and loving the effect.  I wish I knew how to photograph stuff and upload to the thread, because I'm so proud of Puma Boy's hair!  Almost makes me think I missed my true calling.......
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Tiffoes

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #441 on: July 03, 2012, 01:08:48 PM »
Man I could watch this thread all day (which I kinda do! :lol:)! I love looking at everything you guys come up with, all those CAM's are gorgeous~

My 3 year old sister apparently loves MH too, haha. She was in my room a few minutes ago and saw Lagoona. She recognized her and wanted to give her a kiss because she's so pretty. I nearly melted from the cuteness, really, she was so sweet! She played with Roux, Rochelle and a few ponies too.

I'm thinking of pre-ordering Scarah Screams, does anyone know if she comes with a dairy? I'm really to curious to everything about her.

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 03, 2012, 01:11:04 PM »
Man I could watch this thread all day (which I kinda do! :lol:)! I love looking at everything you guys come up with, all those CAM's are gorgeous~

My 3 year old sister apparently loves MH too, haha. She was in my room a few minutes ago and saw Lagoona. She recognized her and wanted to give her a kiss because she's so pretty. I nearly melted from the cuteness, really, she was so sweet! She played with Roux, Rochelle and a few ponies too.

I'm thinking of pre-ordering Scarah Screams, does anyone know if she comes with a dairy? I'm really to curious to everything about her.
Aaaaaa, that is just too cute! I would have melted from that kind of cute.

As for Scarah, I don't know if she'll come with a diary... we'll sadly have to wait and see ;o;

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #443 on: July 03, 2012, 01:15:45 PM »
ok...so its not just me...the newest CAM wigs with the Seamonster/Vamp don't fit. Cause the wig cap on mine seems like its too small to fit on her head :/

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 03, 2012, 01:17:19 PM »
Mine seems a tad small but once I twisted and fussed with it and the hair a bit it looks to be okay. To be honest it looked/fit a bit better on the Ghost head for some reason. Maybe it's my lack of sleep/over heatedness playing tricks on my eyes.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 03, 2012, 01:18:14 PM »
Yeah, same, it's just sits on the top of the head and the bangs don't even come close to where a natural hairline should be. DX

I don't have this issue at all with the Witch/Werecat wig, though it was unevenly cut. But at least I could fix that easily.

And my Wolf/Dragon CAM wig was alright if I positioned the hair correctly.

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #446 on: July 03, 2012, 01:24:20 PM »
It's mostly the clothes I love xD
You could look for the Day at the Maul fashion pack instead then. It comes with embellished versions of the killer style outfits (eg Lala's black tights have a row of red bows at the front ~ I am a bit disappointed with mine, though, because the bows want to be on the inside of the Dolly's legs instead of st the front).

The dolls, iirc, are just the Gloom Beach dolls with different outfits.

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 03, 2012, 01:30:50 PM »
It's mostly the clothes I love xD
You could look for the Day at the Maul fashion pack instead then. It comes with embellished versions of the killer style outfits (eg Lala's black tights have a row of red bows at the front ~ I am a bit disappointed with mine, though, because the bows want to be on the inside of the Dolly's legs instead of st the front).

The dolls, iirc, are just the Gloom Beach dolls with different outfits.

Though since I don't have a Draculaura yet, It would cost me more to get Gloom  Beach Lala and the Daay at the Maul fashion pack

Adoptable made by me

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 03, 2012, 01:31:45 PM »
I had some trouble with the new Vampire wig too, come to think of it.  I just thought it was because of the new head (hard cap)?  Maybe it is the wig.  Hmmmmm......

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 03, 2012, 01:33:28 PM »
Yeah, it's definately the wig. All of my CAMs have the hard head, and that one is the only one that doesn't fit. It's actually the size of the wig doing it too. DX

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal