collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 35255 times)

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #390 on: July 02, 2012, 06:41:03 PM »
My store still has them!

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 02, 2012, 09:18:43 PM »
my bday is on the 4th lol but thanks.. and i would rather not have to buy from online.. thanks tho

Oh XD Then, happy future birthday! Good luck finding your dollies :D We still haven't got them yet, sadly.  :yikes:
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline eristell_neko

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 02, 2012, 09:32:37 PM »
Woo! New dolls! *dance* Last month I picked up the witch/cat CAM set and Nefera (finally!) and today I picked up GR Draculaura. I"m kind of dissapointed in her box though. The back just has a short blurb along the lines of 'look what I"m wearing in a movie! lulz' that's repeated in different languages. I kind of expected more. I also wish they had artwork of the girls in their costumes in the 2d art style instead of the 3d movie style. *sigh* Oh well. Guess that's what happens with a movie tie-in. Gonna go unbox her now.

Edit: Okay... After unboxing her and playing with her for a while, I must say I have mixed feelings. She's very cute, and the concept is really fun. I just think the execution is a little bit lacking.

I wish her big pink collar was actually part of her dress and made out of fabric of some sort and not some plastic removable thing that won't lay quite properly, especially when interacting with her wings.

Her shoes need to be made out of a firmer plastic, or at least the heel. As it is I'll never be able to stand her without a stand.

Her hair should have been styled MUCH better. As it is it's a big mess and it'll take me ages to get it brushed out and prepped for restyling. The black tinsel in it is an odd choice, since it doesn't really add much to the do.

Other than that, her outfit is cute, and her face paint is really adorable. It reminds me of some of those big decorative false eyelashes you see around halloween or in fashion spreads. Of course she's got a tiny flaw, but considering how elaborate the makeup is on these dolls I think it's expected for their to be little ones. HOnestly, on mine you don't notice the flaw unless you're looking for it. It's just a tiny tiny tiny scratch along her eyeliner. IT'd be different if it was a huge lipstick smudge or something of that sort.

I love the little skleleton doll she comes with, and how it can wear one of the extra bow earrings Lala comes with as a 'hair' bow. The candy bucket is really cute too.

I do have to say that I"d like the mask if it was set up more as a pair of glasses rather than as being on a 'stick'. As it is, even if I get her to hold it she can't really wear it properly.

Oh well. Still plenty cute. I'll have fun doing the restyles on her. ^^
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 09:59:12 PM by eristell_neko »

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 02, 2012, 10:16:06 PM »
Can anyone still get their hands on the RM girls i am in need of lagoona and Frankie
I went to my store which had tons of them a week ago were sold out of both dolls i wanted for my bday...sooo bummed out

I haven't found them anywhere yet! Where are they hiding???

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #394 on: July 02, 2012, 11:54:56 PM »
Does anyone know if Scarah Screams comes with that jacket the prototype wore?

None of the recent pics of her show her with it so I'm guessing no.

I wish they would make that jacket for the boys! Clawd needs his:P

If your referring to the Boys School Jackets Me too!
in the mean time I've come up with this...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Those are awesome! Did you make them yourself? I wish they'd release a generic boys' fashion pack with a varsity jacket. I'd buy one for each of my boys so they can all walk around in matching jackets.

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #395 on: July 03, 2012, 12:02:51 AM »
Does anyone know if Scarah Screams comes with that jacket the prototype wore?

None of the recent pics of her show her with it so I'm guessing no.

I wish they would make that jacket for the boys! Clawd needs his:P

If your referring to the Boys School Jackets Me too!
in the mean time I've come up with this...

Those are awesome! Did you make them yourself? I wish they'd release a generic boys' fashion pack with a varsity jacket. I'd buy one for each of my boys so they can all walk around in matching jackets.

I actually just revamped Bratz Boyz Black Pleaterish Jackets. I used some black ribbon to extend the sleves, altered the collars and then used GIMP or Plastic string for the pink and white. Not hard at all more time consuming cutting and cluing the stripes on in the right spots.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 12:04:57 AM by SunnieBunny »

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #396 on: July 03, 2012, 12:16:43 AM »
I actually just revamped Bratz Boyz Black Pleaterish Jackets. I used some black ribbon to extend the sleves, altered the collars and then used GIMP or Plastic string for the pink and white. Not hard at all more time consuming cutting and cluing the stripes on in the right spots.
Cool. Wish I knew how to do stuff like that.

pinjalinnea

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #397 on: July 03, 2012, 02:54:35 AM »
Umm, I just got my third and fourth SS Lagoona today. Other of these ladies is a bait, so I will customize her. But the other was supposed to be for my daughter. She played with her for a minute or two, told me she was too floppy and said she didn't want her.

My first and second SS Lagoonas are on display with Classroom Lagoona stock and SS Lagoona stock. So what on earth will I do with a second SS Lagoona with her stock :DDDD

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 03, 2012, 02:56:41 AM »
Pinjalinnea: Sell me the stock pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #399 on: July 03, 2012, 03:02:47 AM »
Man, I really have some stupid luck.. xD
They finally delivered a package today, I got all excited when the deliveryman was at the door. Turns out it's for a neighbour living two doors away.. I did take it though! I hate when nobody is home and I to wait a few days more before the package gets back again. They have a note in their mailbox, so I wonder when they drop by! I also wonder when my package gets delivered, I want my wave 1 Lagoona!

I also hope my seller is doing okay, I haven't heard from her for four days. I would feel pretty bad if I got impatient and something happened to her.. Oh dear now I'm really starting to worry.  :cry:

Cool. Wish I knew how to do stuff like that.

Yeah same here!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 04:14:59 AM by Tiffoes »

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 03, 2012, 03:03:59 AM »
Don't worry Tiffoes, I'm sure it'll be okay! :hug: xxx

Offline Tiffoes

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #401 on: July 03, 2012, 04:16:02 AM »
Don't worry Tiffoes, I'm sure it'll be okay! :hug: xxx

Thanks Ice. I sure hope so! :hug:

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 03, 2012, 04:17:42 AM »
I'm sure it will be! I've been super worried about one of my packages but she's finally confirmed it has been set, so excited to recieve it, one of my 3 grails! xx

Offline Tiffoes

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #403 on: July 03, 2012, 04:50:29 AM »
I'm sure it will be! I've been super worried about one of my packages but she's finally confirmed it has been set, so excited to recieve it, one of my 3 grails! xx

I was more worried about the seller than my item, really. I was afraid something happened to her, I know, I get worried very easily, haha. Congratulations on getting one of your grails!

Speaking of ''grails'', a deliveryman just came by and gave me this (sorry for all the pictures, I'll spoiler them!);

Spoiler

So I started to open it..

Spoiler

I began to wonder, could it be?

Spoiler

APPARENTLY YES, YES IT CAN. Oh man, I was so happy to see her!

Spoiler

She's even prettier in person, even prettier than I expected! I'm very curious about the box though.. It's more like the newer boxes right? Maybe it's because it's a Dutch/French box.. Hmm.. Oh and apparently, I have yet another Indonesian doll. I'm really starting to think that's all we have in the Netherlands. Let's hope she's alright!

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #404 on: July 03, 2012, 05:00:54 AM »
Umm, I just got my third and fourth SS Lagoona today. Other of these ladies is a bait, so I will customize her. But the other was supposed to be for my daughter. She played with her for a minute or two, told me she was too floppy and said she didn't want her.

My first and second SS Lagoonas are on display with Classroom Lagoona stock and SS Lagoona stock. So what on earth will I do with a second SS Lagoona with her stock :DDDD
You could dress her up in one of the Fashion Packs! :D

Post Merge: July 03, 2012, 05:02:01 AM

Man, I really have some stupid luck.. xD
They finally delivered a package today, I got all excited when the deliveryman was at the door. Turns out it's for a neighbour living two doors away.. I did take it though! I hate when nobody is home and I to wait a few days more before the package gets back again. They have a note in their mailbox, so I wonder when they drop by! I also wonder when my package gets delivered, I want my wave 1 Lagoona!

I also hope my seller is doing okay, I haven't heard from her for four days. I would feel pretty bad if I got impatient and something happened to her.. Oh dear now I'm really starting to worry.  :cry:
Aww, it'll be all right. I do hope you hear from them soon though!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal