collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 35427 times)

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #300 on: July 01, 2012, 02:54:11 PM »
NoDivision:  I am super interested in seeing your custom when she is finished.  I love the original idea of white and turquoise stripes.  I how you still plan to do that!
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 01, 2012, 03:05:47 PM »
Also, just noticed with my new Rochelle... she has two plugs left completely un-haired under one of her ears. It's left her with a slightly noticeable bald patch (esp. compared to the other side). WTH?! I don't want to return her because she had the nicest balance of green/pink I could find, and it might take a while for me to even find her again... sigh...

At least I'm growing to like her green streaks more.

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #302 on: July 01, 2012, 03:20:13 PM »
One of our Aussie members posted a photo of the actual doll in-box a while back, and I recall thinking that I liked the actual doll much better than the one on the box art. I am having a lot of trouble getting into Draculaura, and the powder room doll is the first one I think I really like. I don't like her usually severe hairstyles or her rather heavy makeup, so the more "stripped bare" powder room doll's face-up appeals to me, as does her softer, curly hair (especially the fringe).

I know what that's like! Her make-up usually look very hard and this one doesn't. Same goes for the Dead Tired dolls, I like those very much too because they have a very soft look.

My GB Lala arrived the other day and I spent last night trying to do something with her hair, but I honestly can't do anything with it without leaving obvious bald patches on her head.

I think a lot of dolls have that problem, but you just have to work around it! I did that with my Rochelle and Frankie (photo few pages back) too. But yes, I agree, it can be very hard to come up with something you want and not having those bald patches.

I think she's also got the beginnings of glue seepage ~ her hair was feeling a little waxy down by her scalp, but I washed and conditioned her hair last night and it seems OK now.

Oh dear, I hope she doesn't have it! I'm glad to hear she's okay now though, let's hope it stays like that.

But I still am having trouble getting into her. I'm also disappointed because her Day at the Maul tights were badly stitched together so the row of bows want to be on the inside of her legs instead of at the front where they're supposed to be ...  :huh:

Oh I'm sorry to hear that! I really like those tights, it's a shame you had such bad luck with them.

I'm not sure I'm going to keep her. I really wanted to like her. I thought the GB version was the one I liked best, but now I'm not so sure. I even like my Home Ick Frankie better, and I was sure I was just going to strip her nude and sell her right away. Now I'm having second thoughts. I might keep Frankie and sell Lala instead.

Sigh ...

Yeah, I can understand! I never really liked gloom beach Draculaura. I'd rather have skull shores Draculaura but I guess that's mainly because of the clothing. I really like SS Lala's outfit, but her make-up is not my thing.
The GB Lala's make-up is okay I guess!

EDIT: Found this on Flickr:

Even if her hair's not in a curly fro, I still think I like this Lala better than any of the others. I like that she doesn't have so much eye makeup on, and I also like that her fringe isn't so severely straight or in the stereotypical vampirical 'v' shape.

I agree, her hair is still very cute!

I'm also jazzed that she comes with her pet, as I am still looking to get Count Fabulous, although I do wish s/he wasn't wearing a bathrobe. That'll limit her useability as a photography subject.

You know, that name always confused me.. :lol:

(Whereas Lala's bathrobe can double as a kimono. I have visions of doing a photoshoot of her in that kimono wielding a katana. If only I could find one that's the right scale ...)

Oh my, I really need to see this! Haha, it'll be great.

I do wish the mirror was a real mirror and not just a picture but oh well ... we can't have everything we want, right? ;)

Yeah real mirrors would be amazingly sweet! But you're right, we can't have everything we want, as sad as that is! I'd love to pre-order Scarah Screams, but I don't think I'm allowed to do that..  :lol:

Oh by the way, goodluck with selling your doll!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 03:30:58 PM by Tiffoes »

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 01, 2012, 03:22:59 PM »
Can someone please tell me wich dolls that don't come with stands? I'd deeply appreciate it! :)
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 01, 2012, 03:24:44 PM »
Can someone please tell me wich dolls that don't come with stands? I'd deeply appreciate it! :)

Clawdeen/Howleen, Meowlody/Purrsephone, the new DT wave.

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #305 on: July 01, 2012, 03:25:30 PM »
Oh dear. I just had the coolest idea for a photograph ... but it would involve me buying a Holt (he's still floating around the shops here in NZ, and most of them are having toy sales at the moment ...). I had one but I didn't like him at the time so I sold him. I think his outfit is fairly hideous. But now I am finding myself wanting him so I can take this photo. What do I do?! :help:

I know what that's like! Her make-up usually look very hard and this one doesn't. Same goes for the Dead Tired dolls, I like those very much too because they have a very soft look.
Yeah, exactly.

Oh I'm sorry to hear that! I really like those tights, it's a shame you had such bad luck with them.
Me too. I wonder if it would be worth complaining to Mattel about it.

Yeah, I can understand! I never really liked gloom beach Draculaura. I'd rather have skull shores Draculaura but I guess that's mainly because of the clothing. I really like SS Lala's outfit, but her make-up is not my thing.

The GB Lala's make-up is okay I guess!
It's not as nice as I thought it would be based on the photos I saw online. I still prefer the powder room doll. I may just hang on to GB Lala until I get her, though, just on the off-chance that she has elastic hips, since my GB Lala has the new plastic hip joints. I've already done head swaps on my GB Ghoulia and GB Cleo so my wave 1 Ghoulia and wave 2 Cleo can have bodies that aren't floppy.

Count Fabulous? I suppose that would make the bat a boy, wouldn't it? Otherwise it would have to be Countess ... right?

Wanna help me find a katana?

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 01, 2012, 03:26:16 PM »
Thank you Hannaliten <3
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 01, 2012, 03:28:25 PM »
Here are the ghouls in their new dresses. More photos on my flickr!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

028 by tuneful87, on Flickr

017 by tuneful87, on Flickr

024 by tuneful87, on Flickr

020 by tuneful87, on Flickr

Oh, and here are the twins. I'm so happy I finally caved in and bought them. I adore them!

031 by tuneful87, on Flickr

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 01, 2012, 03:29:57 PM »
golden girl stuff is relatively rare ... it only lasted a year ... and it predates she-ra ... the whole line flopped because it was REALLY ahead of it's time ... it was too conan-esque for girls and too girly for boys ... no cartoon to tie into it ... but the line was pretty amazing ... i would love to own more of them ... they usually get lumped into lots with shera ... but i haven't been so lucky to find any yet ... really want dragon queen and  moth lady ... epic levels of want ... more at ghost fot he doll and they do have some info on wikipedia ...

http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Toys_GoldenGirl.htm
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 01, 2012, 03:38:14 PM »

I don't know if any of them be suitable for your photos, but there's some nice looking katanas (intended for 12" action figures/dolls, so the scale may be slightly larger than MH) up on ebay at the moment. You can find them by typing in "katana 1/6." Some are on the pricey side (they're made of actual metal) but they look really nice.

Count Fabulous? I suppose that would make the bat a boy, wouldn't it? Otherwise it would have to be Countess ... right?

Count Fabulous is a boy, Draculaura just doesn't care. :) From her bio:

"He's a very proud and proper bat but I just can't help dressing him in the cutest little outfits."

« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 03:59:46 PM by Mandy85 »

Offline WeepingPiano

• Medieval Merpony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 01, 2012, 03:54:17 PM »
AHHHHHHH!
*squeeflail*
I found the perfect liv wig for my skeleton CAM!!!
I was planning on rehairing her in a mix of dark browns, but when I was at target yesterday, I found a waist length darkbrown mix liv wig on clerance!

Also, I picked up the pink\black cam wig if someone in interested in it

Offline Tiffoes

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #311 on: July 01, 2012, 04:00:00 PM »
Tuney, they look gorgeous in those dresses~ I really like the dress Frankie is wearing.

Oh dear. I just had the coolest idea for a photograph ... but it would involve me buying a Holt (he's still floating around the shops here in NZ, and most of them are having toy sales at the moment ...). I had one but I didn't like him at the time so I sold him. I think his outfit is fairly hideous. But now I am finding myself wanting him so I can take this photo. What do I do?! :help:

Well if you really want him, and not just for the photo.. Then I would get him. Though, didn't you say you weren't allowed to buy dolls for a while? I would wait then.

It's not as nice as I thought it would be based on the photos I saw online. I still prefer the powder room doll. I may just hang on to GB Lala until I get her, though, just on the off-chance that she has elastic hips, since my GB Lala has the new plastic hip joints. I've already done head swaps on my GB Ghoulia and GB Cleo so my wave 1 Ghoulia and wave 2 Cleo can have bodies that aren't floppy.

I never saw her in person before, so I have no idea if she looks different from the pictures I saw! But your plan sounds like a good one.

That's what I thought too! Though, my English isn't that great considering I'm a 16 year old Dutch girl that thought most of it to herself.. But I guess it does mean it's a boy?

Sure, I'll try!

I don't know if any of them be suitable for your photos, but there's some nice looking katanas (intended for 12" action figures/dolls, so the scale may be slightly larger than MH) up on ebay at the moment. You can find them by typing in "katana 1/6." Some are on the pricey side (they're made of actual metal) but they look really nice.

They definitely sound great, I was thinking of looking up katana's for action figures too, haha.

Count Fabulous is a boy, Draculaura just doesn't care. :) From her bio:

"He's a very proud and proper bat but I just can't help dressing him in the cutest little outfits."

Thanks for clearing that up! I always wondered.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 04:08:27 PM by Tiffoes »

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 01, 2012, 04:02:13 PM »
I just went on a MH splurge on ebay. That new "Pay After Delivery" feature on Paypal is DEADLY. My wallet is going to hate me in two weeks.  >_<

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 01, 2012, 04:12:25 PM »
I just went on a MH splurge on ebay. That new "Pay After Delivery" feature on Paypal is DEADLY. My wallet is going to hate me in two weeks.  >_<
...Pay after... delivery...?

/smacks self. BAD ICY BAD.

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 01, 2012, 04:13:05 PM »

Maybe you could borrow him from a friend that has him..?

Here are the ghouls in their new dresses. More photos on my flickr!

028 by tuneful87, on Flickr

017 by tuneful87, on Flickr

024 by tuneful87, on Flickr

020 by tuneful87, on Flickr

Oh, and here are the twins. I'm so happy I finally caved in and bought them. I adore them!

031 by tuneful87, on Flickr

Your dolls are gorgeous - Clawdeen especially!

I love the dresses the twins are wearing! Did you buy them, or did you make them?
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal