collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Next Top Doll Model  (Read 5778 times)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Next Top Doll Model
« on: June 27, 2012, 12:47:40 PM »
Hello and welcome to  'Next Top Doll', I have been thinking about running a competition for months now so I have decided to kick start it! There will be 15 models partaking, which means double eliminations on 5 occasions during the competition meaning Cycle 1 of this competition shall run for exactly 10 weeks.
So, do you have a doll you think is model worthy? A hot-shot? A photogenic doll? Then this competition is for you!
With all competitions, there will be some rules as how to enter, please read below for rules, application and any other necessary information:

Rules:
1) If you enter a specific doll, you may not suddenly decide half-way through the competition you wish to use a different doll or a different version, for example, if you choose Frankie from Monster High, and you entered Frankie B&W version, you must ONLY use this version throughout the duration of the competition!
2) If you enter, please be aware you must be willing to do one photosession a week! That means time, and dedication, if you cannot commit, I'm sorry, but please do not enter.
3) You may not commit PLAGIARISM, if you are found to be using another member's photos or a photo from google images, you will instantly be banned from the competition.
4) You may do anything you like with a dolls hair, but if your doll has a wig, you may only use one wig for the duration of the competition, but feel free to style it in any way you like!
5) Clothing- None of the challenges will specifically be based on clothing- it is only fair that if one member has a few outfits and another has 50, then the member with the most would have the advantage and I want this competition to be 100% clean and fair! You may use any clothing you like, handmade or officially branded. Any is fine - bearing in mind it must not have religious or offensive slogans on it (which I highly doubt anyone has!)

Important Information (Including DEADLINES):
 1) There will be NO JUDGES - This means the public alone vote, so make every photo count! For the entry stage, myself and a few members shall be choosing who shall take part in the first cycle.

2) Please show good sportsman ship! Everyone is competing for essentially one place as the 'arena's next top doll', not everyone can win, so if you don't get through, please don't be devastated, there will be more oppurtunities!
3) If you are partaking in ANTM, you may also enter here!! *Hooray!*
4) You have until the 8th July 2012 8.00pm EST to submit your final submissions! If you want to enter, please PM me your photo entry before the deadline! If you submit after this date, your entry will not be entered. Please make your photo approx. 640x480!
5) If you get through the entries, you will be PM'ed by myself or other judges to let you know you are taking part! Please be prepared! You have seven full days and nights to complete each challenge. If your entry is not received by myself through private messaging before each deadline, you will be eliminated. This being said, the deadline is different for the entry photos, please read above.
6) Bear in mind, this is both a modelling and photography competition, both elements are equally important and should be considered before any shoots!
7) Each week, with each challenge, it will be publically judged, but the original entry judges will be giving their say on each individual's photos. We will be giving our critique although this is not how the successors shall be determined, from after the entry photos, all will be voted for by the public.
If you have any questions that have not been answered here, please post below (Do not PM questions) so that I can reply in the thread so every member can view the reply. Thank you for bearing this is mind!

With that said, and much excitement for all, the very best of luck to you all and remember: have fun!

Locked due to contest being on hold - Jupi
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 03:57:25 PM by jupiternwndrlnd »

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
Re: Arena's Next Top Doll
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 12:52:17 PM »
Thinking about entering my Tonner Tyler Wentworth. It might be a good way to 'get my feet wet' in the doll modeling competitions.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 12:54:06 PM »
Salli: Do it! The more the merrier! :D

Offline Mintymints

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Sock collector extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 12:58:11 PM »
Hmmmm...
I'm thinking about my La Dee Da xD
Would lack of articulation cause any serious disadvantages?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

By Sunnyrain~Avvie by Starsteppony on DA

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 01:01:11 PM »
Mintymints: That would be fabulous!
As for articulation, no, I should say not, bear in mind, you need to think hard about where you think your personal limits are, if you have the determination, articulation or not, your shots can be incredible!
I say, go for it!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 01:02:39 PM »
Okay. After 2 whole minutes of deliberation I decided to do it. I'll take some pix later today. :)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 01:04:50 PM »
Salli: Hooray!

All members entering: You may use Picasa, Fireworks and Photoshop as editing software, please take into consideration, whilst editing can be effective, seeing heavily edited photos with filters that completely change the quality or effect of the photo can make or break a photo!
Please make sure your entries are approx 640x480 so that everyone's photos are the same size.
Thank you!
Good Luck All!

Offline Mintymints

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Sock collector extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 01:05:59 PM »
Mintymints: That would be fabulous!
As for articulation, no, I should say not, bear in mind, you need to think hard about where you think your personal limits are, if you have the determination, articulation or not, your shots can be incredible!
I say, go for it!
I'll definitely (yes, spelled it right  :lol:) enter. For the past year I've been doing completely ridiculous things, like climbing trees to do random photoshoots for no apparent reason. Except. that it's super fun c:
I have one Thumbelina doll (Barbie Fairy or something) that has 4 points of articulation (!!! ugh) that I just love putting in poses  ^.^

Soooooooo excited for this  :cool:

By Sunnyrain~Avvie by Starsteppony on DA

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 01:10:16 PM »
Oh, I'd love to enter :D But which doll to pick...
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 01:13:22 PM »
Fiwen: That's great! :)

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
Re: Arena's Next Top Doll Model
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 03:49:30 PM »
:cheer: YAYS we can enter MH dolls!!! More excuses to run around the countryside taking piccies :cheer:

Couple of questions - assuming if we are in ANTM we cannot enter the same doll? And how many different dolls are we allowed to enter into the competition?

:cheer:

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 06:14:41 PM »
Verrry tempting! Idk though, competition makes me sweat. ^^; But I can't wait to see everyone's photos!

Ok fine, you talked me into it. I'll get some pics of Lagoona tomorrow, since I haven't posted her photos absolutely everywhere yet. ;)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 07:09:13 PM by saply »

Offline MidoriKeiko

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 12:33:06 AM »
very tempted to enter my bjd XD

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: Arena\'s Next Top Doll Model
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 03:09:03 AM »
Pink: Enter as many dolls as you like, that way, it means you have more chances to succeed! And no, you are not allowed to enter the same doll that you have entered for ANTM :)

Good Luck All!

Post Merge: June 28, 2012, 03:37:34 AM

A small ammendment that I didn't make clear, it doesn't really affect anything, just lets you know how it shall be running and makes it a little clearer:
7) Each week, with each challenge, it will be publically judged, but the original entry judges will be giving their say on each individual's photos. We will be giving our critique although this is not how the successors shall be determined, from after the entry photos, all will be voted for by the public.

So we basically shall be giving our say on the photos and giving the public an idea of what to look for.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 03:37:34 AM by Icecrystalline »

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 03:58:41 AM »
Pink: Enter as many dolls as you like, that way, it means you have more chances to succeed! And no, you are not allowed to enter the same doll that you have entered for ANTM :)

Good Luck All!

Post Merge: June 28, 2012, 03:37:34 AM

A small ammendment that I didn't make clear, it doesn't really affect anything, just lets you know how it shall be running and makes it a little clearer:

So we basically shall be giving our say on the photos and giving the public an idea of what to look for.

Cool, thank you for the confirmation!

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal