collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Feel Kinda Stupid  (Read 558 times)

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
Feel Kinda Stupid
« on: June 26, 2012, 02:14:35 AM »
Uhm... ok so I feel abit slow lol. Am I the only one who can't figure out how to work Taobao? I see so many people link awesome pony finds / cute pony prototypes etc. from that page, but whenever I try to work the page out I can't figure it out since it keeps appearing with Chineese letters.

I'm sure there's a really simple solution to it by I just can't for the life of me figure it out :blush:

Or do you all understand the Chineese alphabet? :) Cuz' if you do I'd feel less silly :D
~*Erica*~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline BlueyBirdy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bird horse!
    • View Profile
Re: Feel Kinda Stupid
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 03:26:34 AM »
First of all you need find yourself a Taobao agent. They are essentially a middle-man who will buy the items for you from Taobao and then ship them to you. I personally recommend taobaonow.com (fast service, always polite and willing to work through any issues that come up) but there are others other there.

I use the Google Chrome browser which will automatically translate pages for you if you ask it to. You don't really need it as the pictures are all you require, but it makes life a little bit easier.

This is how the process for Taobao Now! works (note that it changes for other agents):

1. Sign up as a member on the site.
2. Use the search box at the top of the site to find what you want (the searches "hasbro pony" and "my little pony" (without quotation marks) both work well)
3. Click on something you're interested in.
4. If you want it, go back to Taobao Now! and click "Your Shopping Cart".
5. Paste the URL of the item page where indicated and type in how many of the item you want. If the auction has more than 1 item listed you will need to describe what item you want (for example, if you wanted a Pinkie Pie you might type "pink pony, pink hair, balloon symbol".)
6. Click "Add to Cart", and when you're done adding items click "Submit Order".
7. The order will be sent. A bit later you will receive a request for payment. Go back to the site and use their payment system (if you struggle with their system you can request a Paypal invoice).
8. If the items are in stock they will be ordered for you. If they're not then you have the opportunity to cancel the order or substitute other items.
9. The items will be shipped to Taobao Now! if they were available.
10. Once the items arrive at their office you pay for shipping using either their payment system or via a Paypal request.
11. It's shipped to you!

It looks a bit daunting at first but I've gone through the process loads of times and with practice it becomes second nature.

Hope that helped. :nerdy:
Formerly known as BluePhoenix

Offline Desert Rose

• View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 03:51:08 AM »
That helped alot! Thank you so much :)

Now to work out all the steps, but aslong as it's in languages I can understand it's doable ;)
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 06:23:26 AM »
You aren't the only one who has been having trouble so don't feel too silly. And good luck!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Desert Rose

• View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 02:02:02 PM »
As much as I appriciated the help so far, I'm still lost lol :blush:

I registerd at Taobaonow.com and that went perfectly. I made a search and found two ponies for a very reasonable price and added them to my basket. I clicked order and then I played the waiting game.
And so the other day I got an e-mail that said: "Thank you for your order" and "We have updated your order status and there may be responses from us that require your attention".
I clicked on the link and there was a long page I had to read about their services and then check a box saying "I have read and understood the info". I did and then nothing else happend.

It sais they're awaiting payment and when I checked my order status I can click on two different options. Western Union or Direct TT. There's not an actuall button click to fill out your payment details nor any Paypal option. All I can find is an account number under the Direct TT link, but my bank don't recognize it since it's a Chinese one.

I wrote a note in my order asking if they could send me Paypal info but have yet to get an answere.

So I'm sorta starting to panic now cuz' I really should pay asap in my opinion :P I rather pay for things right away than let it wait. Plus I don't wanna start off with a bad record =S

So does anyone have some suggestions or anyone might be able to point me in the right direction on the page to actually pay for the order?
~*Erica*~

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 02:18:31 PM »
I can sear Tao with translation... it took me a while recently to figure out all the mlp stuff was moved under the.. baby search? That's what the translation is anyway XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 02:53:26 PM »
Best of luck with that site!

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 07:19:15 PM »
This happened to me too recently. I've been using Taobaonow for some months but it's the first time that the button did not show up after clicking the check box. I had to login directly to Paypal to see the request. Hope that helps! If not feel free to PM me. :)
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 10:53:31 AM »
Goodluck hun--Sorry I cant further help out <3

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal