collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Doll Hair Site- Retro Dolls US- now up and running!  (Read 12257 times)

Offline Dollyhair

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dollyhair.com
Re: New Doll Hair Site- Retro Dolls US- now up and running!
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2012, 02:25:43 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

[email protected]

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2012, 02:51:51 PM »
I'm actually going to do some of my own test when I do get my order, especially a 'curl' test as I know not all nylon hair will curl properly. I'll let you guys know what my test come out to, I just need to make sure I have enough for said test as this is the hair I wanted to use on a custom XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline EmberBright

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Disregard the Prologue - my blog about... um... everything
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2012, 02:56:02 PM »
I think enchantress already said that she's having testing done and will make sure her product is labelled correctly once she's sure of what it is; if it's not nylon, she was misinformed, and will make it right. I honestly don't care what the hair is made of if it ends up correctly labelled; if I like it, I'll use it. I appreciate wanting people to have correct information, but if she's going to make sure everything's above-board, is it really appropriate to use this thread to push this information on everyone before there's been time to clear it up?

(I'm sorry Jupi, I know that wasn't strictly on-topic, I just hate when stuff like this happens.  :shocked: )
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 03:28:01 PM by EmberBright »

Disregard the Prologue

Offline Dollyhair

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dollyhair.com
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2012, 03:09:53 PM »
I think enchantress already said that she's having testing done and will make sure her product is labelled correctly once she's sure of what it is; if it's not nylon, she was misinformed, and will make it right. I honestly don't care what the hair is made of if it ends up correctly labelled; if I like it, I'll use it. I appreciate wanting people to have correct information, but if she's going to make sure everything's bove-board, is it really appropriate to use this thread to push this information on everyone before there's been time to clear it up?

(I'm sorry Jupi, I know that wasn't strictly on-topic, I just hate when stuff like this happens.  :shocked: )

EmberBright, I totally respect what you're saying. In my opinion, the information has been cleared up enough for the results to be posted for public viewing. I don't know what you mean by "bove-board" but if you mean that Shannon is going to make sure that she has 100% correct information about the hair that she's selling, then yes, to answer your question, I do believe that it is still appropriate to use this thread for information. That's my opinion. I am not "pushing" information on anyone - I am offering scientific test results. Please don't get me wrong - I am not disparaging polypropylene. I SELL polypropylene. I USE polypropylene. I am just saying that, during the time that I've owned Dollyhair.com, I have had numerous customers tell me that they're allergic to various types of plastics. This is the largest reason why, I feel, it is necessary for customers to know what they are buying. If Shannon and Melanie are selling what they truly believe is nylon, then they have done nothing wrong. But if they are knowingly selling polypropylene and calling it nylon, then that, in my own PERSONAL opinion, is not ethical.

[email protected]

Offline NichiTsukinoko

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lady-moondancer.livejournal.com/
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2012, 03:18:25 PM »
I think enchantress already said that she's having testing done and will make sure her product is labelled correctly once she's sure of what it is; if it's not nylon, she was misinformed, and will make it right. I honestly don't care what the hair is made of if it ends up correctly labelled; if I like it, I'll use it. I appreciate wanting people to have correct information, but if she's going to make sure everything's bove-board, is it really appropriate to use this thread to push this information on everyone before there's been time to clear it up?

I agree. I think that it was good that this issue has been brought up so that now Enchantress has the information she needs to form a proper investigation.  I also don't think it's unreasonable for Enchantress to want a second opinion before she accuses her supplier of being dishonest.

It's a difficult and scary thing to go into business for your self and it's hard hearing that someone you are in business with might not have been on the level.   

So I think for now, the best thing is to leave the subject alone for awhile and give Enchantress time to investigate.  Till she get's results back, I think we should all be supportive of Enchantress and her new business while she gets all the kinks worked out.  I think we should also give a big thanks to Tina who has put herself out there trying to help make sure everyone is being given honest information.   She is a busy lady and doesn't have to take that sort of time but she did and I think we should all respect that.

That's just my thoughts on the matter.

Now onto a question for Enchantress about her product- Are the colors blends of multiple colors or are they single color hanks?
Music is a revelation; a revelation loftier than all wisdom and all philosophy. ~Ludwig Von Beethoven

Thank you Reiya! Thanks to SDS!
Etsy Store: NichiTsukinoko Customs : www.etsy.com/shop/NichiTsukinoko  10% off with coupon code MOVING till Nov 9, 2015

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2012, 03:20:57 PM »
I will have to check this out!

Offline enchantress41580

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Retro Dolls US
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2012, 03:29:18 PM »

Now onto a question for Enchantress about her product- Are the colors blends of multiple colors or are they single color hanks?

The colors are single color hanks, although I do have some blends. If you are unsure of a color you are welcome to ask me :) I'm happy to help!

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2012, 04:33:58 PM »
ONCE AGAIN, I am putting in a warning.
This is not to debate the quality or materials of enchantress's product, this is for her to share that her website is complete and her sales are open.

if you have issues with the product she is selling you can contact her privately.

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2012, 06:03:37 PM »
ONCE AGAIN, I am putting in a warning.
This is not to debate the quality or materials of enchantress's product, this is for her to share that her website is complete and her sales are open.

*LIKE*

Offline JoshsPonyPrincess

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2012, 07:13:02 PM »
I have been asked by a moderator to clarify whether this hair can or cannot be dyed. As many of you know I dye hair all the time and as such I want to make it clear now that I use RIT dye along with professional grade fabric dye. This means if it can be dyed - i will be able to do it.

I also want to clarify that I have never used fabric markers to dye hair - I know it will work but have yet to try this on my own.

Now for my own findings - some of the hair dyes just fine - some does not.

From Top to Bottom:
1. White Whisper - took dye just fine. This leads me to believe that is in fact nylon hair.
2.Dolphin - Took dye just fine - Also leads me to believe that it is nylon.
3. Frost bite - Dye beaded up and rolled off - some other type of hair - not nylon - more likely polypropylene.
4. Seafoam - Again dye beaded up and rolled off - some other type of hair - likely polypropylene
5. Cascade - Dye beaded up and rolled off - again probably polypropylene

So in conclusion some of this hair is in fact dyeable which leads me to believe it is nylon hair and others are not dyeable which leads me to believe it is another type of hair like polypropylene. I have not tested them all - but am in the process of testing through each color to see which is and which isn't so that Enchantress will have accurate information on her site.

Also wanted to note that Tina also mentioned that RestoreDoll is not nylon but I have also had success in dying this hair as well.

Hope this helps to clear some things up - Enchantress is working hard to ensure her clients have accurate information on all products.

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2012, 07:54:19 PM »
Thanks for the pictures!

Offline enchantress41580

• View Profile
    • Retro Dolls US
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2012, 08:31:46 PM »
A few tests have come back to show that 3 of the colors are yes, polypropylene- Cascade, Seafoam and Frost Bite. They will be relabled and sold as such on my website. Three other colors have come back as nylon, and those will remain named as nylon products. Those are: Dolphin, Disco and White Whisper.

I am having the rest of my hair tested by trusted and well respected members of the pony community, and when those results come back I will react accordingly. Until then the hair that has not been tested will be labeled as synthetic hair, which I think we can all agree that all hair is, unless it is real.
It has never been my intention to mislead anyone or misrepresent my products. I was told that they were nylon upon purchase, and I had no reason to doubt the case.
Thank-you for those of you who have been supportive. I am still selling hair and not going anywhere any time soon. I am also looking into other suppliers for a wider variety of colors and yes, nylon hair. Thank-you Jupi for reminding us of the original intent of this thread. I am now going to go back to my business and focus on taking care of my customers. If the people who have ordered from me already are unhappy with the hair in any way, please contact me.
Thank-you,
Shannon

Offline Malancaiwen

• Celtic pony
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2012, 09:10:31 PM »
I know how hard it can be to get a wide variety of colors when just starting a business and I appreciate your politeness and care about your clients happiness!

How about you put a link to your website in your sig? This way more people will be able to see it :)

Offline NichiTsukinoko

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lady-moondancer.livejournal.com/
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2012, 09:35:40 PM »

The colors are single color hanks, although I do have some blends. If you are unsure of a color you are welcome to ask me :) I'm happy to help!

Thanks! I was wondering about that! Congratulations on your site opening up!
Music is a revelation; a revelation loftier than all wisdom and all philosophy. ~Ludwig Von Beethoven

Thank you Reiya! Thanks to SDS!
Etsy Store: NichiTsukinoko Customs : www.etsy.com/shop/NichiTsukinoko  10% off with coupon code MOVING till Nov 9, 2015

Offline enchantress41580

• View Profile
    • Retro Dolls US
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2012, 09:36:32 PM »
Thank-you Malancaiwen!!! I will be sure to do that! I've been so busy lately, I completely forgot! Also, I ADORE your GITD and UV hair, I will be sure to let my customers know about your site!! (I may have to get some myself for a few projects!!)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 11:35:58 PM by enchantress41580 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal