collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Macau Lemondrop didn't have time to finish her make-up :)  (Read 730 times)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Macau Lemondrop didn't have time to finish her make-up :)
« on: June 25, 2012, 03:29:22 AM »
okay, so sometime last week I realised I have a Macau Lemondrop :shocked: :frolic:
it all started with me browsing the forums and reading random stuff when in one of the topics I found something mentioned I didn't understand. the term was "bleeding symbol", and it got me curious enough, so I searched for it. when I found out what it means I also found that this is something that is more common among some ponies, I read on and on and on, looked at pictures, and finally I just got too suspicious and went straight to the room where my ponies are located, and picked my Lemondrop up to find "Macau" written on her back right leg :cool:
this was kind of a shock, by that time I never realised she's this special. she was always special for me because of her lovely long and full hair which is unusual compared to other ponies I have (plus, she's yellow-purple. I have a soft spot for yellow-bodies, purple-haired ponies), but before this I didn't know what might have caused her unusual hair.
(I didn't like her bleeding symbol that much though, but hey, you can't wish for too much :D )

I'm pretty much wondering how she ended up here. I got her second hand in a lot some years ago. I've read it somewhere that Macau ponies are a bit more common in Germany, and as Hungary is not far from Germany we do have much stuff coming from there, however the shop I bought this girl at sells second hand stuff imported from England. did Macau ponies occasionally show up on English shelves, or do I have a little traveller here whose English home wasn't the first country she lived at already?

ah, also, do you know what coloured ribbon she had back when she had one? I couldn't find a picture showing that, and I'd really like to find it out and get her one - I think she deserves one ^.^

there's another strange thing about her (the one I mentioned in the title of the topic): her eyes seem to be a bit... uneven O_o I mean, her left and right eye doesn't look the same, one of them seems to have more black in it than the other - just like she only had time to use eyeliner on one eye :P
I tried to take some pics of them (they are crappy, I know, sorry for that, but I hope you see what I mean):

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

is it some kind of an error, or what?

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+1687)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Macau Lemondrop didn't have time to finish her make-up :)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 06:59:54 AM »
Macau Ponies are also found in England and other places in Europe. 
Ponies Travel.
As far as the eyes, thing happen at the factory, Quality Control did not seem to be an issue with ponies released for sale.
 I don't know as far as the ribbon or comb as I have not seen lemon drop MOC.

Shel-t* Ponies

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 08:55:07 AM »
thanks for the answer shelti!  ^.^
so she can be English :) and her eyes... well, at least she's unique ^^ I never minded them, I just was eager to find out how this happened.

no problem :) I hope someone else who has seen one or owns one may come and help, I'd really like to give her a ribbon that matches her original ^.^

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 10:52:10 AM »
surprise nirvana!!! she was a sneaky pony hiding in your collection :) you will have to check your other ponies too as you may well have other nirvana ponies lurking ;)

i have seen this with the macau ponies and other ponies too! they just didn't quite paint her eye on correct and it does look like she didn't finish off her make up ;)

i don't think lemondrop was ever sold on a card, from what we have seen so far she was sold with the show stable :)

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 12:02:23 PM »
Congrats! She is a cutie.

As far as I can tell, Macau ponies were not sold through official channels in the UK (England), however,  there are a number found here, though probably no more than French, Italian, Spanish, Greek or even US release ponies. I know as a child I had ponies from all over the place as we would buy them on holiday and relatives would bring them back from trips abroad. My own childhood Macau remains of undetermined origin (I may have bought her at a carboot, or inherited her from my cousin - I had two Peachys, but only one was Macau, lol). My sisters friend  had one from childhood, but she was probably secondhand, as they were enough younger than me for it to be unlikely Minty was from new).

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 01:19:40 PM »
again, thank you for the informative answers ^^

pinkkittywinks: that's exactly what I did after I realised this girl was hiding there all along :biggrin: but unfortunately no, no more nirvanas (or at least not here. I didn't get to my childhood ponies and those who still live in my father's house, so chances are still there, although I doubt I'll find someone else. that would be just too much luck :P).

oh well. I think I'll just get her a ribbon that matches her colours then, and if someday I'll see one that has its original I'll switch to one similar to that ^^

EDIT, 2012-06-28, 15:15: okay, talking about no more surprise nirvanas for me: I just got an unexpected Italian Starshine in a lot :cool:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 07:15:59 AM by Loona »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal