collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you like to cook?  (Read 2081 times)

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
What do you like to cook?
« on: June 24, 2012, 11:49:58 PM »
Or what have you cooked recently?

I love to cook, from scratch wherever possible, but do turn to packet mixes for stuff like cakes for fear of having not only a disaster zone in the kitchen, but also having a cake that didn't turn out and a huge clean up.

I just cooked my first ever batch of scones from scratch, and am so proud they actually turned out (and are actually quiet nice, better than any I have ever brought) but love to cook a range of things.

I also tried out a 3 minute microwave brownie recipe which was pretty awesome - you cook it in a cup and its literally a cup & a spoon to clean up afterwards.

So tell me what are some of your favourite things to cook? Or what did you cook recently that was yummy?

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: What do you like to cook?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 06:42:26 AM »
Foodwise I love to marinade a nice piece of meat and grill it in the oven (or outside during summer). I do the marinade myself. With that I chop up potatoes and carrots and oil them lighly and roast them in the oven and sprinkle sea salt when they're ready. There is no way that ever goes wrong. Tonight I'm doing pizza, bf wants kebab on his and I just plain cheese and ham ^.^

When it comes to baking I do pretty much everything. I can make scones in my sleep for instance. I make a killer blueberry pie which bf loves so that one happens at least once a month. Recently I tried to do a rhubarb swiss roll which was ok, but I think I have an idea of how to make it better. For Midsummer I did a swiss roll with whipped cream, banana and peaches whish was so delicious! I'm so proud of that one. My rhubarb cake is to die for and kladdmuffins.. So Yummy! It's like chocolate mud cake but muffins instead. Totally recomend it! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kladdkaka I'm going hungry listing all of these so I think Ill stop now, lol.

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 07:05:13 AM »
I like to make sweets!  Cakes, cookies, cheesecakes, and what have you.  I don't make them unless there's a special occasion coming up though.  Can't have all that sweet around or else I'll eat it myself. :/
I make all my stuff from scratch.  It just straight up tastes better than way and I have more control on the ingredients.  That and once you know the general structure of stuff it's a lot of fun to start tweaking recipes and playing around with new ideas.
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 07:18:50 AM »
I love cooking!  I'm a vegetarian so I'm cooking at home a lot of the time.  I love to make Mexican dishes like enchiladas, and I also make a very good lasagna.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 07:25:30 AM »
Cake!!! On both counts!!!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 08:43:56 AM »
I lovelovelove baking! :D I bake for everyone. I won't eat baked goodies because I don't like them, but I like making food for everyone else. They all seem to enjoy it very much.

I make all sorts of cake, muffins, biscuits, scones, desserts.. I make killer fruit crumbles and flapjacks! I have a secret ingredient which I put into all things sweet to give it a kick.. usually works wonders! I love making frosting and making everything look pretty and perfect.

I am also good with savoury food. I adore cooking multicultural dishes. My favourite things to prepare are risottos, pasta dishes, homemade pizza, soups, oriental dishes.. Years ago, I used to cook for myself every night: I was a vegetarian, and a very picky one at that.. so I had to learn how to prepare food, and I experimented with herbs and seasoning. It taught me lots.

Everything I cook is always made from scratch. I like knowing exactly what goes into dishes and fpod and products.

It's pretty funny because I hate food. I won't eat anything I cook, but I just love playing around with food and seeing what can be created with it. It's typical of an ED girl. XD
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 08:46:14 AM by BrightSide »
Fight like a girl..

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 09:35:14 AM »
Thats  good question.  Ive been really sick so havent been cooking.

I do make a mean bruchetta though.  Even though I cant have any it pretty much gets made all summer for the family :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 09:55:38 AM »
I don't cook a lot, because my husband is an omnivore whilst I am a vegetarian. So it's pretty much every man for himself here and we mostly eat stuff that cooks via microwave. However, come winter, you will find me cooking batches of delicious chili!

The thing I cook most often is omelets. Quick, easy and appreciated by my friends after a night of drunken shenanigans.  :lol:

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 05:03:31 PM »
I cooked pork chops with peach sauce the other night, one of the best recipes I've ever tried:  http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pork-chops-with-bourbon-peach-sauce-10000001714535/.  Last week I made up a recipe for pan-fried apples and cheddarwurst sausages, with a sauce made from dijon mustard, red wine, and rosemary. 

Offline Roccoriel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 05:27:08 PM »
I'm a lazy cook during the week and usually make a variety of salads, pizzas, pasta, and stir-fries as we are both busy and my fiance usually gets home really late.  On weekends I make more difficult things.  I love cooking for company and trying new recipes.  I do a lot a big meals when company comes over- usually an appetizer, entree, salad, cheese, and dessert.  I think my favorite things to make are salmon in champagne creme sauce, gratin dauphinois, and onion, apple, and goat cheese pastries.  Not all at the same time though!!

I also make cookies and pies :)

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 06:34:11 PM »
We make a lot of soups and main courses. 

Recently we made a great sweet potato hash with walnuts, goat cheese, carmelized onions.

I have a lot of recipes on my pinterest under /brimeetsbooks
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 10:21:48 PM »
I love to cook and bake everything! My all time fave baking is white choc chip cookies, theyre so yummy We usually eat half the mixture before we even bake them!
Fave cooked meal would be anything Indian, and Love Mexican also!!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline ranchlamb

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/iluvsassybunny/index.html
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 10:41:43 PM »
I love to bake. I have made yummy cakes from scratch. Its not that hard. I usually use a box though due to time. The kids keep me on my toes. I bake alot of cookies from scratch with my kids. I recently found a scone recipe I'd like to try.
I like to cook chilli and soups in the summer time. I like to make thick chilli, its mostly from scratch but some times I tend to add a packet of chilli seasoning.

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 10:42:25 PM »
Uh...  Pizza rolls!!!  Hahaha...I use the toaster oven instead of the microwave!  Does that count?  LoL :) 

The kitchen and I don't get along with much...  I like to blame the electronic (vs gas) stove.  :P 

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 11:17:06 AM »
EVERYTHING.

No, really.  Everything.  I do all our cooking and everything is from scratch because I do Weight Watchers and I make nearly everything from one of their recipes.  And if I want cake or treats I usually have to make it myself to be within my points range.  OMG, some of their stuff is so good and you'd never know it was "diet!"

Ok, well, not candy.  I hate making candy.  Karo syrup is evil.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal