collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who's the most HTF pony? Who's the most expensive? Do you want them?  (Read 1262 times)

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Sometimes you just have to wonder this stuff...  :what: Who is the rarest G1, G2, G3 pony? Who is the most expensive G1? (& the others gens too).

Majesty and Celestia may be ponies-in-charge, but I think some must be richer than they are!  :cool: Or even more one-of-a-kind!

Which ponies as far as you know are the most HTF/expensive? (I'd assume the two go hand-in-hand, but maybe not!)

:think: Rare ponies have a serious attraction for me. I always like thinking how rare that pony is and how lucky you'd have to be to get it! What do you all think? Do you mostly just ignore a pony's fame? Or do you like trying to get that super HTF pony because of how rare they are?

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Who's the most HTF pony? Who's the most expensive? Do you want them?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 08:20:31 AM »
I tend not to care much at all. I have been lucky enough to bump into rare ponies (one of them is from my childhood collection even ^^) and I do appreciate them but mostly because I know I would never have dished out the amount of money they would go for otherwise :)

So yeah, until my collection is near complete (which will happen, well, never :P) I can't imagine myself actively looking for some of the more expensive/HTF ponies and not just because I´m stingy but because to me they are no more special than any other pony and I will judge them on same merits ^^
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 08:28:23 AM »
For some reason the ponies I want tend to be expensive :P I get all excited when I find a new MUST HAVE! pony and then I look her up on ebay and she's selling for at least $50 or so :yikes: My grails - Mimic, Munchy, Ice Crystal, Rapunzel, and Baby Sugarcake. I could possibly dish out the money for Munchy, but I don't think I could afford the others :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 08:32:54 AM »
I don't really know who the most rare/expensive US ponies are. But I know some of the most expensive over-all are Takaras and South African Nirvana ponies. :)
I wouldn't mind having a rare pony in my collection if I happened to find one for a steal, but then again, I said the same thing with MOCs, and I have re-sold most of the ones I have purchased. :P
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 08:51:16 AM by TwistedWindSox »

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 08:45:59 AM »
Mimic and Munchy seem to sell for ridiculous prices, as do certain Mountain Boys..

I really don't see the point, to be honest. XD They're ponies, which is lovely.. But that's just it. They're ponies. There's nothing which stands out to me about them, and for students like me, even though it's great spending £60-100 on something fun money is put to better use on clothing and shoes and transport.. Wow, if I ever stumbled across one I'd probably sell it on.

I don't like Munchy because food. :c I'd rather have as many Pinkies as her worth buys instead!!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 08:48:05 AM by BrightSide »
Fight like a girl..

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 09:19:45 AM »
There are many Nirvana ponies that are the only one of their kind found so far ;) There are some Greek babies, South Africans, and Japanese Takaras that go for $1000+ when they do show up too. They would be the rarest G1s- Mimic and the Mountain Boys can't even compete with them. Compared to some of the Nirvanas, Rapunzel can't compete either rarity-wise, but she's sought after enough that her price can rival some of the popular Nirvanas, like the Spanish TAFs.

As for G2s, alternate Seabreeze, Blue Pearl, White Pearl, Study/Play and Nosy/Click would be the rarest, with the first 3 probably being the most expensive.

I'm less familiar with G3s, but I'd imagine the rarest would be the Licensing Show ponies, Rosey Posey, Bay Breeze, Frisco, Trolley, and the factory prototypes:

I think I mentioned most of them, but it's possible I missed a few ;)

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 10:26:44 AM »
There are many Nirvana ponies that are the only one of their kind found so far ;) There are some Greek babies, South Africans, and Japanese Takaras that go for $1000+ when they do show up too. They would be the rarest G1s- Mimic and the Mountain Boys can't even compete with them. Compared to some of the Nirvanas, Rapunzel can't compete either rarity-wise, but she's sought after enough that her price can rival some of the popular Nirvanas, like the Spanish TAFs.

As for G2s, alternate Seabreeze, Blue Pearl, White Pearl, Study/Play and Nosy/Click would be the rarest, with the first 3 probably being the most expensive.

I'm less familiar with G3s, but I'd imagine the rarest would be the Licensing Show ponies, Rosey Posey, Bay Breeze, Frisco, Trolley, and the factory prototypes:

I think I mentioned most of them, but it's possible I missed a few ;)

This is an interesting thread because we can see economics at play in the pony market. Classic supply and demand! :) Basically if supply is low and demand is high and  someone willing to pay, then the pony commands $$$$$. Even if the supply is low but then there is no demand (or few find the auction at ebay :P) then the pony changes hands for less. Also even if there is a moderate supply but really high demand (bidding war!) then that pony can go for more than expected.

I'm finding the Mountain Boys elusive partly because I'm not so willing to pay too much money for one. Then they tend to have flaws and don't come up for sale very often.

OT: Who is that gorgeous giant purple pony? Licensing show or prototype?
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 11:02:46 AM »
She's a prototype :) Only 3 have been found so far. I believe Hathorcat owns one, and I don't remember who the 3rd belongs to.

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 12:00:30 PM »
I've been looking for Baby Lollipop for 5 months and haven't seen a single one for sale anywhere, at any price! I found the other two Sweetie Babies easily, but Baby Lollipop is very elusive. I even got all of the Nestie babies more easily!

Offline willa

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Greek Ladybird Mint in Egg
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 12:21:12 PM »
I guess Rapunzel is the most expensive G1, I do like her but not sure I will ever have her as I wouldn't pay that much for her... I think for that price there are many other ponies I would want more.   However, Sweet Scoops and the Mommy and Baby mail order ponies are probably the next most expensive regular G1's and I really love them both : )
SEEKING... Princess Taffeta & Pristina, 7 Tales Bon Bon and Peru Unicorns Moonstone & Windy x

Offline knitgirl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 12:21:51 PM »
I've been trying to find baby Splish for well over a year now :-(

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 12:25:02 PM »
I love my fashion style comic con - all the other ponies know she is in charge :P

Every time this question comes up it all comes down to whether you include nirvanas, prototypes and factory errors - if you dont then for G1 its going to be Punzie, Sweet Scoops and Mail Order Mom & Baby - if you do then there are dozens of OOAKs out there not to mention the variants like reverse Gusty.

I have the ponies I want which are regular HK/China ponies [including the rares mentioned above] and I add the odd nirvana/factory error [such as the fashion style Glacia mentions] but I didnt and dont go looking for them because they are rare - simply because they are something I would like in my collection. So its not the rarity that drives my attention to be honest.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 07:00:14 PM »
Haha yeah I think I just end up liking expensive ponies...it makes sense because their colours, etc., might be popular with others and more people are willing to pay more. I use Ice Crystal for example...I picked him as my #1 fav G1 because I had an OC who had some kind of power over ice and such. So I was like, it's like his pony!! And then... D: loads of people love Ice Crystal too! I'd include Nirvanas...they're totally legit!

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 12:09:23 AM »
I think OOAK like Glacia's Lickity Split are the rarest and most expensive! I would DIE if she ever went on sale!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 12:25:06 AM »
I love a lot of nirvanas, but for their colors and not their rarity. I would never spend more than $50 on a pony (and there are very, very few I'd be willing to fork over that much for). So my expensive grails, like Ladybird, I'm going to one day commission as customs instead. I don't really care if the pony or original or not, I just want them for their looks! :D

Rapunzel is overrated, in my opinion, and her hair would drive me insane. I HATE long hair on ponies (including customs), and prefer my G1s to be tailless most of the time. Mimic I also think isn't that great, but a true bait condition one is one of my grails (to keep as-is, not restore or customize; I'm a baity collector).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal