collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I saw Brave!  (Read 1577 times)

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
I saw Brave!
« on: June 23, 2012, 06:55:59 PM »
Just got back from the movies! Really, it wasn't what I was expecting at all, but I really enjoyed it. I think I had greater expectations for the film and really felt a bit let down, but thinking back it was actually quite enjoyable. Not as good as Tangled, mind you. I also really loved Merida and her brothers. Great characters. And the music was beautiful!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: I saw Brave!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 06:59:21 PM »
Very kool! It looks like a fun movie.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 08:29:57 PM »
I saw it yesterday as well and I thought it was great. Not as good as Tangled, but still a good movie. When I asked my 3-year-old which one she liked better she said "Well, Rapunzel has longer hair..." LOL

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 08:52:45 PM »
Just got back from the movies! Really, it wasn't what I was expecting at all, but I really enjoyed it. I think I had greater expectations for the film and really felt a bit let down, but thinking back it was actually quite enjoyable. Not as good as Tangled, mind you. I also really loved Merida and her brothers. Great characters. And the music was beautiful!

I agree with this. I was expecting a lot more than what I got and I really didn't care for Merida as a protagonist like I thought I would. :/

It was still a great film though, and possibly the greatest animation that I have ever seen in my life. I am not exaggerating. It's still worth seeing if you all get the chance to.

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 08:57:47 PM »
I loved it...it had a good message to it and a fun protagonist.  It may not have been what it appeared to be in the previews, but sometimes, the movies aren't quite how they appear.  Either way, it was a cute movie, great music, great animation, one I am definitely adding to my collection when it comes out.  might be getting the doll for my birthday too since she is a lot like my novel character

oddish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 07:12:13 AM »
I am going to see it today. I have been really excited for this movie for years, but have been hearing mixed reviews. So just going to try to go in without any expectations, or at least not expecting the amazing movie it had been building up in my mind as if that makes sense, and enjoy it for what it is. I am excited though!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 07:14:33 AM »
I imagine my family and I will watch it when it comes out on DVD. :)
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 09:57:50 PM »
Some buddies of mine loved it!

ochibawolf

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 07:49:29 AM »
I saw it last weekend too. I think I was too hyped up before hand that I felt a little let down at the end. I still loved it, and will buy it when it comes out. But it left me expecting something more. I can't quite put my finger on it... Merida kinda seemed whiny. I also wanted to see more of the relationship with her and Angus. I felt that was lacking as well. From the images posted before the movie, and the toys, I thought Angus would have more of a role. :/

Elinor as a bear was adorable though. ^^

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 08:04:14 AM »
I saw it yesterday. I'm kinda the opposite. I thought it was going to just be okay & had low expectations, so I was pleasantly surprised... For Tangled, my nieces & SIL went on & on about how great it was. Then when I saw it, I was disappointed. Neither would make my top movies list, but I think both are decent. Honestly, I think I was more letdown in the Short before Brave, lol... It was okay, but I love other Shorts WAY more.
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 09:00:48 AM »
Haven't seen it yet.  I don't really hav expectations either way, but I hope I enjoy it.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 09:31:02 AM »
I saw it yesterday as well and I thought it was great. Not as good as Tangled, but still a good movie. When I asked my 3-year-old which one she liked better she said "Well, Rapunzel has longer hair..." LOL
LOL!! Great logic XD I loved the way they animated Merida's hair though. It had so many different colors/textures it was great. But I agree that the story was...different. Very non-traditional in terms of Disney. Very much more true to real old folk tales. I did really appreciate the fact that there was no love interest. It just seems like no one can make a movie without one these days and here's proof well actually yeah you can.

Offline Ginger

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 10:02:01 AM »
If I remember correctly, they said Merida had roughly 1,500 curls on her head. XD

It was a very cute movie! Not what I was expecting... but I still enjoyed it!

Wanted | Flickr | Tumblr | PonyDex

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 10:10:53 AM »
I enjoyed this movie as well and I actually think it relates to G4 MLP in a way. It has a tune of, "There are different ways to be a girl."

And yes, the Triplets were sooo cute! I had a great laugh while watching this movie and we really enjoyed it.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Ponytails

• Shenanigans Pony
  • Trade Count: (+134)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I love Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 03:53:44 PM »
I also went to see it, along with my fav 8 year old student and her Mom.  We really enjoyed it, all of us.  Given that the student has an ASD diagnosis, and a short attention span for anything without music constantly in it (she sat through Chipmunks and Beauty and the Beast but needed 4 breaks during Cars 2), I was SHOCKED that she sat through THE WHOLE FILM.  It only had 3 music squences, 4 if you count the lullibye in (I think) Welsh or Gaelic.    I had read the storybook with the student beforehand to prep her, so I knew some of what would happen (and the toys too are a giveaway) but it was still really nice to see how they explored the Mother-Daughter relationship.  Very un-typically Disney.  Loved it.  Will buy it on DVD.   Want the soundtrack. :-)
My G3 grail is LS Pinkie Pie MIB.  If you have her for sale or trade, I WILL pay.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal