collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello, 21st Century...  (Read 1476 times)

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Hello, 21st Century...
« on: June 22, 2012, 01:50:30 PM »
Well, after years and years of holding out... I finally bit the bullet.  I got texting on my phone (well, I got a new phone, but still).  I declined the mobile web option, but maybe I'll add that later.  One step at a time ;)

Anyone else fighting against becoming technologically "mainstream?"  LoL  I still have a long way to go, but this stuff is just so expensive - and I'm super stingy with my money sooo... :)

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, 21st Century...
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 02:33:56 PM »
Well, I know enough about technology to know that buying something as soon as it comes out is not a good idea. First of all, new top of the line products are so much more expensive in its first few years and much less reliable. also, with mobile phones for example, by holding onto your phone for a few years, you´ve already skipped through a few generations (I still have a mobile I got in 2006 and am eying a smartphone just now).
So for that reason I tend not to jump at new technologies immediately. I´m also still waiting to get myself a pad and I still have a tube TV :P All these things will improve rapidly and their price will drop, if I can be patient enough ^^
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

SaphTalon

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 02:34:59 PM »
welcome to the tech club! :lol:

I am planing on getting a Asus lap-top some where around $1'300 to $1'500. I don't go on many vacations so saving up for something like this is a matter of self control. I am going to try and budget my money.

I wish you luck on your tech journey.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 02:43:51 PM »
MUAHAHA you caved! *blows up your phone with texts :P*

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 03:15:20 PM »
LOL  For the longest time, I resisted CDs...and I was a kid at the time!  I like the old-fashioned stuff, and CDs annoyed me.  I preferred cassettes and LPs.  (I still like LPs :D )  I don't resist new stuff as much anymore...but I still like old-fashioned things as well.  My stereo is older than I am, and I wouldn't let mom get rid of it.   XD  It plays albums, has a radio, and it plays 8-tracks.  I got an adapter a little later on that fits into the 8-track slot so I could play tapes, but it kept nomming my tapes, so I don't use it anymore. XD

As for texting..I hate it.  lol Our phone can do it, but only because it was free and just came with whatever package we have.  But it is a pain in my butt.  The phones with mini-keyboards in them kinda fascinate me, though.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 03:17:07 PM by hyenacub »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 04:03:14 PM »
MUAHAHA you caved! *blows up your phone with texts :P*

LoL Someone better!  I figured it might come in handy during the pony convention, too!  The pursuit of ponies has pushed technology upon me!  I'll need your number so I can bombard you, too, haha!

Hyena - I totally had to have the mini keyboard vs. the pure touch screen.  My husband has a touch screen keyboard only and whenever I'd try to use it, it would take FOREVER.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 04:20:41 PM »
I'm avoiding EBooks like the plague and still don't have a smart phone or internet on my phone. Does that count?

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 04:23:59 PM »
I'm a technology junkie. I'm always wanting the latest and greatest (except the iPad, 'cause seriously ... why so expensive?). I have always been addicted to and fascinated by technology. Welcome to the wagon!

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 05:07:09 PM »
Touch screens are a pain lol

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 06:26:36 PM »
STLGusty, I'm like you. I don't exactly have texting in my cell phone plan ( can still send and receive them, but I get charged extra), although I wouldn't say I'm exactly resisting...I just don't particularly like texting (I find it slower than just talking) and would rather just talk to someone. All the texts I've received have either been pointless or would have been easier had the person just called, so I don't really get the appeal.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 06:54:04 AM »
Not me!  I'm a technology hound.  I stood in line for the iPhone 4S on the first day.  XD

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Rion

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 06:57:08 AM »
I haven't texted a day in my life, and I plan to keep it that way for as long as possible. :B

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2012, 07:05:30 AM »
I'm just an analog girl living in a digital world. I was talking about my notebook that I use to track calories, and my friend was all, wow you bought a notebook just for that, those are expensive! She thought I meant a notebook computer. HA! I thought she knew me better than that.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline gustystarr

• Big Brother Pony
  • An eccentric whose quite fine with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2012, 09:53:21 AM »
(Raises hand and starts jumping up and down ingoreing staring past byers.) Me, I've been fighting against technology and it really gets under my skin sometimes. My friends think it's the craziest thing in the world, but I just think the world was a bit more peaceful and nicer before the technological realvution. I'm trying to go back insted of forward such as listening to records, using the heck out of land line, and using the internet, my guilty pleasure for typeing and the arena mainly. Yes I'm odd but it's just how I am, eventually I'll die down and give in I suppose but it won't be willingly! (please ingore the crazyness of this post.) I'm a miss.20th century and I take pride in that. But I don't mind the normal people who are fine with techonogly, I belive to each there own. Have your digtial music and I'll have my vinyl records. Have your cell phones and I'll have my teleophone.  :) I'm holding back on facing you 21st century! :lol:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2012, 09:55:37 AM »
As far as phones go, yes.

If its not broken, dont fix it!  I never learnt how to text and dont see the point in it.  Then again, I use my cell for emergency purposes only.  Its not there for me to randomly talk to people, so that option is useless to me anyway ^^

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal