collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Exclusives in other countries  (Read 837 times)

Phekzhen

• Trade Count: (0)
Exclusives in other countries
« on: June 22, 2012, 11:56:19 AM »
Hello everyone. So someone asked me if the TRU exclusive Collector's line will make it to other countries. I haven't heard anything about it, so I'd like to know if past exclusive lines have made it to other countries.

I know that Target and TRU have exclusive toy lines. Do other stores have exclusives? I believe that Avon has had an exclusive pony, and I know that Chuck E. Cheese had an exclusive waaaaay back in the day.

I'm based in the US, of course, so foreign fellows, do you get exclusive lines if you have the same store in your country? Or do you need someone to import it for you?

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
Re: Exclusives in other countries
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 12:01:32 PM »
It varies from pony to pony. Some we have had in the UK, particularly TRU ones in the G3 line, or there was baby Lucky in G1, but a lot don't make it over here. Not having a Target generally rules those ones out, unless they go to another chain (I have a feeling this may have happened at some  point). Walmart owns Asda, but not sure if they bring their exclusives over. In fact, a lot of  the normal issue ponies don't make it either!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 12:08:09 PM »
Well, some of the Canterlot stuff got here.
I believe the stuff didn't get released at the same time though and if i'm not mistaken they were only sold at a store called "Bart Smit". We never got the Luna+Celestia fashion ponies and i think we didn't get the set with shine bright Luna either. I wouldn't get my hopes up too high with the collectors set.

Also, when it comes to the "non-usa" exclusives like Starswirl and Skywishes, those can also only be found at one store here. Or at least, i only found them at one store.

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 12:52:30 PM »
For G4 there don't seem to be any store exclusives here. Maybe a few ponies can only be found in a certain store in the country, but they don't advertise it as exclusive.  I just think the other stores chose not to carry it or are out of the product.

Also, we never had any of those European exclusive ponies until a few weeks ago.

I can't really comment on the "do you have exclusive lines at the same stores" question because we neither have Toys R Us nor Target here in the Netherlands.

Maybe there is some chance of us getting the Collectors' Set because we seem to be the dumping ground of old leftover products.

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 01:15:23 PM »
we(new zealand) dont have target or tru store here but as of a few days ago i spoted the target exclusive starbeam twinkle cantalot set here to my surprise, it had a slightly different pinker box, so this shows anything can happen cos this is a first iv ever seen of such a thing, infact i was shocked to see it in or stores,
btw we get non us exclusive here in nz if you wanted to know :)

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 05:28:56 PM »
As LadyG says - Walmart own Asda, who are our 3rd largest supermarket in the UK, so any Walmart exclusives tend to be Asda exclusives - this is more apparent in MH at the moment than MLP, for example 1600 Cupid was a Walmart exclusive and in the UK she becomes an Asda exclusive. Likewise with TRU - if its a US exclusive it will probably remain a TRU exclusive in the UK.

For Target exclusives its a bit different - I believe the "exclusive" nature of the toy is picked up by another retailer but not always the same one. For example Tesco, UK's largest supermarket got several of the Canterlot items exclusively in the UK; but Argos got the Target exclusive MH Howleen/Clawdeen sisters as an exclusive to their store.

So how and where they are distributed in different countries just depends on where US retailers have a presence or whether the exclusivity is "sold" within other countries. For example Targets rights to selling the product exclusively could be limited to the US/Australia as thats where they have stores; but as there are no Targets and no affiliates in the UK, but the line was specially made, Hasbro in different countries may try and sell the "line" as an exclusive to another retailer and only if not enough commitment for this may they wish to offer it to a wider retailer base.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 05:47:51 PM »
oh so im wondering that canterlot set with SBTwinkle might just be a farmers exclusive, il have to keep eyes in it, that would be exciting as in nz we dont have store exclusives

oh hathorcat you are so full of knowledge, :)

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 07:54:43 AM »
Well, I've never seen any of the exclusives reach Malaysian shores. TRU has picked up the US TRU Strawberry Shortcake exclusive set in 2010, but none of the FIM MLP TRU plushes made it over (or any of the FIM G4 exclusives, for that matter. So far). It should be noted, tho, that most of Asia's Toys R Us aren't owned by the real TRU, but by some company called Toys Li Fung who licensed the name from TRU. Hence the TRU in Asia is pretty much independent in merchandise compared to TRU elsewhere. And Malaysia doesn't have Target, doesn't have Wal-Mart, and our Tescos are, frankly put, useless- none of them carry ponies.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 10:34:13 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 08:38:08 AM »
We have Toys R Us here in Sweden, but we never ever get the TRU exclusives. Which is rather annoying. You'd think a TRU would have their own exclusives but no.
As for Target we don't even have any of those stores at all here in Sweden so no chance what so ever in getting those exclusives.

And unfortunatly neither Toys R Us in the US or Target ship overseas so I always have to hunt the exclusives down on Ebay or try to find a friendly fellow pony collector in the states who are willing to help me pick them up.
So it's not like it's impossible to get the exclusives, but it would be nice to be able to pick them up at the store yourself.
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 08:41:19 AM »
Lets not forget - back when KB Toys was still in business, they had exclusives too.  :)

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal