collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Boxed collectors set (incl Nightmare Moon) spotted on ebay  (Read 11827 times)

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Re: Boxed collectors set (incl Nightmare Moon) spotted on ebay
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2012, 10:03:52 AM »
IMO Rainbow Dash and Pinkie are there to appeal to little kids, not collectors or bronies.  I know this set is called "the collector set", but Hasbro certainly will be happy if kids buy it as well!   :P

It's true that Rainbow Dash and Pinkie have lots of collector and brony fans, but IMO most adults who really wanted toy versions of them already have them.  They have not exactly been hard to find, ha ha! :happy:

No, I think this is more to inspire this sort of thing: "LOOK, Mom, it's RAINBOW DASH!  I had her on my Christmas list and I didn't get her . . . Please, Mom, please?  Look, she comes with all these other ponies, that makes it a really good deal!"

Oh yes, totally! But I have to disagree with one thing in your post, Rainbow Dash was quite hard to find for me! She still is nowadays, to be honest.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2012, 11:24:46 AM »
IMO Rainbow Dash and Pinkie are there to appeal to little kids, not collectors or bronies.  I know this set is called "the collector set", but Hasbro certainly will be happy if kids buy it as well!   :P

It's true that Rainbow Dash and Pinkie have lots of collector and brony fans, but IMO most adults who really wanted toy versions of them already have them.  They have not exactly been hard to find, ha ha! :happy:

No, I think this is more to inspire this sort of thing: "LOOK, Mom, it's RAINBOW DASH!  I had her on my Christmas list and I didn't get her . . . Please, Mom, please?  Look, she comes with all these other ponies, that makes it a really good deal!"

That makes sense - hence the presence also of an eye catching bright yellow unicorn and another pink pony?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2012, 05:25:46 PM »
Also I was thinking aren't Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie a popular pairing?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

amylynnamylynn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2012, 05:55:39 PM »
I preordered two to get the free shipping *blush*

In all seriousness, I don't think $40 is all that much.  That's $5 per regular pony and $10 for Nightmare Moon.  But if it was $30 and didn't have Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash, I would be happier.

ScarletSeraph

« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2012, 01:59:04 AM »
She's already there.

Ah, shows how much attention I've been paying! I vaguely remember hearing about a supposed NMM figure at the beginning of the year, and I've still been wondering all this time if it was really going to happen or not. ^^'

I am surprised how many people here are calling the set pricy or expensive. That's just about exactly how much we'd be paying if we bought them all individually (around here, I've mostly seen individual ponies in stores for 5.99, so this is actually cheaper), and I'd imagine Nightmare Moon would cost more than the regular-sized ponies if she were a single. So this is actually a perfectly reasonable price...I was expecting a lot more since this is marketed as a collectable set.

It's not necessarily that it's too pricey for a set, if you're interested in a set, but that if you're only interested in one or two of the ponies, it becomes a lot of money to shell out just to get those one or two ponies. Other than Nightmare Moon, there's nothing in that box I'd buy on its own - I do watch the show, but my attention span for video isn't great, so I tend to miss a lot of the background stuff. Being that I'm not at all involved with the fan community beyond what I see on the Arena, and even that's mostly in passing, I don't even know who some of those ponies are or why they're popular. It's sort of the opposite of the earlier generations, for me - I used to collect any and every pony I could find, but I don't care as much for the G4 style and really can't afford to continue making indiscriminate pony purchases, so I'm focusing on specific characters. So while I can agree that the individual pony price breakdown isn't unreasonable, I wouldn't myself be buying all of those ponies individually, if I had the choice.

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2012, 05:50:57 AM »
That's understandable. I feel the same way, really. I only want a few of them myself I buy the set.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2012, 06:34:46 AM »
I plan to buy it and keep half/sell half. I need a Rainbow Dash still, and I can sell the Pinkie and Vinyl Scratch. Maybe even go half in with another member..anyone here who DOESN'T WANT Nightmare Moon?
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2012, 06:36:06 AM »
anyone here who DOESN'T WANT Nightmare Moon?
ME! :P But then, I'm in Malaysia.
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2012, 06:41:24 AM »
anyone here who DOESN'T WANT Nightmare Moon?
ME! :P But then, I'm in Malaysia.

Lol, I want them all. My only complaints are that Lemon Hearts is weird (has diamonds, not hearts) and Vinyl Scratch has no real eyes, just an odd looking set of glasses.

Beyond that, yay, love it!

lilythorn

« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2012, 08:23:42 AM »
The price does seem a little high, but it does say "collector" on it so that makes it O.K.  lol  Hasbro must know we'll buy anything.  :)

Lilythorn

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2012, 08:30:56 AM »
I'm only interested in NMM...so I might look for a loose one later on eBay...not interested in the others, especially with DJ-PON3's sloppy glasses design.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2012, 08:52:41 AM »
Ah! I can't wait until this shows up in stores! I may give my boyfriend my extra Pinkie and RD.... he's gotten into the show now.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2012, 11:07:09 AM »
I plan to buy it and keep half/sell half. I need a Rainbow Dash still, and I can sell the Pinkie and Vinyl Scratch. Maybe even go half in with another member..anyone here who DOESN'T WANT Nightmare Moon?

Me! Actually. I'd like the Trixie since she has glitter, and the single won't.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2012, 11:35:39 AM »
I don't want NMM. I'm hoping to make arrangements to get Lemon Hearts tho!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2012, 07:32:04 PM »
I might have to PM you two then, to see if we can split up this set!
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal