collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Favorite Music?  (Read 3168 times)

kaninchen

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Favorite Music?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 09:50:30 PM »
as for genre, classic trip hop... sigh. those days are long gone. portishead. hooverphonic. lamb. tricky. massive attack.

as for bands, old (before 2000) smashing pumpkins. modest mouse. murder by death. rasputina. neutral milk hotel.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 08:24:59 AM by kaninchen »

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 01:26:29 AM »
Well, my taste is practically mad electric, though it mostly overlaps with soundtrack. On one end of the spectrum, cartoon soundtracks like Strawberry Shortcake as well as music for kids like the Care Bears CDs. On the other end of the spectrum, JPop, Eurobeat, Country and oldies, and even further down the spectrum, Rock and even Metal.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 01:28:26 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 07:13:38 AM »
Typically, I listen to (mostly German) European "metal"/rock/whatever (Bands in order of preference in this category: Rammstein, OOMPH!, HIM, Lacuna Coil, Eisbrecher/Megaherz).  On the other hand, I have a soft spot for Bon Jovi, limited punk and electronic, and probably 90% of video game soundtracks.  I'll listen to pop for the "dance around" factor (and I ride my mare to Lady Gaga a lot, because she absolutely LOVES it), but that's about it.

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2012, 08:38:17 AM »
I'm all over the place with my music, but my biggest loves are country (both old and new), the oldies, and whatever would be played on those "mix" type of stations (pop/rock/punk).

My favorite bands/artists...uh.  I've never been good with this question.  For old country, I love Marty Robbins and Stonewall Jackson.  As a St. Louisan (well, close enough), I also enjoy Nelly ;)  I love the Gin Blossoms and Breaking Benjamin.  I like Miranda Lambert, Eric Church, and Jason Aldean...  I like Journey, Bon Jovi, and Bruce Springsteen.   I like so many...I'll stop now. :)  I'm usually more a fan of individual songs than bands/artists!

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 10:21:44 AM »
I listen to a mix of everything.. like I could be listening to rock songs and then just decide I want to put on showtunes lol. I think the only type of music I'm not really into at all is electronic/techno stuff.

Some of my favorite groups: Black Lab, Tool, Neutral Milk Hotel, Twiztid, Loreena McKennitt, Social Distortion, Jedi Mind Tricks

And, The Mars Volta. My babies forever and ever<3
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 10:25:02 AM by stopxmotion »
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2012, 06:36:06 AM »
I listen to a lot of different types of music.

Growing up, I listened almost exclusively to Rap and R&B because of where I lived, that was what everyone listened to. I still listen to a lot of it, but only the stuff from the 90's for the most part. I don't like any current Rap, though except Eminem. 2Pac has always been my favorite rapper and will always be.

Several years ago, when I got really big into watching anime, I discovered J-Rock and J-Pop. My absolute favorite is L'Arc~en~Ciel. I love them, especially Hyde. I also really love Gackt, Abingdon Boys School, D'espairsRay, Olivia, VAMPS, X Japan and ON/OFF.

My brother's influence got me into Metal. I mostly listen to Symphonic Metal and Power Metal. DragonForce and Kamelot are my favorites. I also got really big into Lordi since they're my brother's favorite band.

And while I don't tend to listen to much Pop music, I will occasionally listen to Britney Spears and Katy Perry.

Offline gustystarr

• Big Brother Pony
  • An eccentric whose quite fine with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2012, 10:34:21 AM »
  My taste is totally classic rock. Anything before the magic year 1975 I just about love. I've reacently been really into teen tragedy songs especailly "last kiss" by Frank J. Wilson and the Cavaliers. Before that I was really into doo wop and still am. And of coruse I'm a hard core Beatles fan intill the end ;). So yes I'm a big time oldie moldie (can't reamber the last time I heard a song after 1985 willingly or enjoyed it.)  But something about the late 1950's and early 1960's just clicks for me, like I belong there...                                               

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2012, 10:45:35 AM »
I'm a big Alternative Rock fan, along with Classic Rock and Heavy Metal and others.

My favorite band is Billy Talent. I also enjoy Metallica, Def Leppard, Led Zeppelin, Orgy, Journey, Ozzy Osbourne, Queen, Smashing Pumpkins, Taproot, and several other bands.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2012, 12:05:20 PM »
Genres: I listen to a little of everything (thanks to tons of Brony musicians). The only genre I haven't seen Brony music for is Opera. In the world of professional music, probably classic rock and dubstep, even though they're almost exact opposites.

Bands/Artist: The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Queen, any other classic rock band/artist. I also like the one man band, Lemon Demon.

Brony musicians: The Living Tombstone, Mic the Microphone, iBringDaLULZ, Tarby, Alex S, Omnipony, DrDissonance1, AcousticBrony, PrinceWhateverer, MrGeorgeFTW, Mandopony, and everyone else really. Can't possibly list them all.

Let's just say ponies are taking over my ipod. I even downloaded all the song from the show itself, thanks to video2mp3.net.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

sarafina

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2012, 02:26:03 PM »
  My taste is totally classic rock. Anything before the magic year 1975 I just about love. I've reacently been really into teen tragedy songs especailly "last kiss" by Frank J. Wilson and the Cavaliers. Before that I was really into doo wop and still am. And of coruse I'm a hard core Beatles fan intill the end ;). So yes I'm a big time oldie moldie (can't reamber the last time I heard a song after 1985 willingly or enjoyed it.)  But something about the late 1950's and early 1960's just clicks for me, like I belong there...                                               

I LOVE "Last Kiss"!  Late 50s/early 60s are also my favorite time period (I can never figure out why I feel so nostalgic for an era that I never grew up in, lol).

And it's great to see a lot of other hardcore Beatles fans here! :D

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2012, 02:35:58 PM »
All of my burned CD's for in the car jump around too much for me to say what my favorite music is - It'll have something slightly metal, then something Japanese, then some depressing song from Bulgaria, then Lady Gaga, then Deep Forest, etc.

But I'm really fond of Stevie Nicks and Enya.  And Bette Midler. 

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2012, 02:39:13 PM »
Classical  :silly:

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2012, 10:30:10 PM »
All of my burned CD's for in the car jump around too much for me to say what my favorite music is - It'll have something slightly metal, then something Japanese, then some depressing song from Bulgaria, then Lady Gaga, then Deep Forest, etc.

Same here. It doesn't make sense to my mind when people are only into one type of music. I can find a song from so many different genres that appeals to me - it always just comes down to specific songs, not types of music.

But recently I've been listening to Oingo Boingo and Panic! At the Disco. And the occasional random pop hit (Pumped Up Kicks!)
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2012, 03:38:07 AM »
Most of the stuff I listen too falls into the rock/metal catergory such as:
Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Fear Factory, NIN Judas Priest, Metallica, HIM, Armour for Sleep, The Used, Tokio Hotel, Lostprophets, Alice Cooper, Marylin Manson, Disturbed, Within Temptation, Evanesence, Nightwish, Wolf...
I also listen to:
Enya, Omnia, Corvas Corax, Florence + The Machine, Johnny Cash on occassion and sometimes have the occcassional older pop song floating around and then I also have quite a few movie and game sountracks/scores such as stuff from Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Portal 2, Lion King, LOTR, POTC ect
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 11:59:04 PM by starrypawz »

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Lady_Manson

• MOC Mimic
  • Black Veil Brides,Blood on The Dance Floor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2012, 10:13:40 PM »
I like a mix of differnt types of Music Rock,Metal,Heavy Metal,Classic Rock.80's Hairbands.some punk&Some Emo
 I can't stand that darn club Dance Music it's annoying to me so is most Electronica accept Prodigy.Rap,Hip Hop,R&B,Jazz I can't stand either or Pop Rock or That darn Justin Bieber either and I don't like teeny bopper music either,Or Classical music neither.

These are my Most fav bands
The Black Veil Brides most favorite band

Marilyn Manson my 2nd Favorite Band

Vampires Everywhere

Escape The Fate

Falling in Reverse

Blood on The Dance Floor

Motionless in White

In This Moment

Halestorm

Lacuna Coil

Evenescece

I had lots of pictures this time of most the bands I like Sorry if they are big Yall can shrink them if yall need to

These are some of the other bands I like besides the one's above
Rob Zombie
My Chemical Romance
HIM
AFI
Cinema Bizzare they are on hiatus though I do not know if they will regroup or not
Godsmack
Dimmu Borgir
Behemoth
Cradle of Filth
Saytricon
Trivium
He*l Yeah
Slipknot
Murderdolls
Mudvayne
Rammstein
LAMAFO