collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Best way to try to sell this? Any interest in painted FiM boxes?  (Read 375 times)

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
One of crafts I do for fun is paint jewelry boxes, and I generally try to sell them because what do I need lots of small boxes sitting around for? I usually do original designs, but my fan art ones obviously sell better. However, I don't want to sell the fanart ones on Etsy because it's technically against the rules. But I also don't want to use eBay anymore. I guess that just leaves selling here, which is fine I suppose, but I'm not sure what people would be willing to pay for them. They do take a while to paint, but they're also not very big. This one's about 4x4"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I guess just any thoughts about any of this? I typically only do a design once, and I plan to do all the mane 6 if I can actually sell them.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 03:59:53 PM by Elisto »

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
Re: Best way to try to sell this?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 04:18:44 PM »
Maybe you could do some as a pony trade to see how much they are worth? I am bad at pricing, unfortunately. But I do know that you can use the base price of the box plus the amount of money you would like to be compensated for the time you spent working on it. Hope that helps a little.

I like the jewel rainbow dash symbol you painted on the inside of the box. I bet a Rarity one would get a lot of attention, too.

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 04:45:34 PM »
Thanks, but I'd rather not trade it since I don't like to put what I make on crafts towards ponies generally. As for pricing based on how much time I've spent working, I'm worried if I did that, no one would want to pay that much!

Also, the inside symbol is their Element of Harmony. I do actually have the Rarity one almost finished, but I may or may not sell that one since I added something extra to possibly make it a gift for someone. I haven't quite decided yet...

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 04:55:23 PM »
Well most things I see well either etsy, ebay, craigslist, private store page, deviant art, on the forums here or the trading post.  Also pony fairs or meets or garage sales even.  It's summer so there are several carnivals/fairs going on and entering the craft portion is fun sometimes.  *thinks*

Otherwise I'm not really sure.  I think your best bet would be to find a niche in the market here.  The outside world may not be familiar enough to pay the prices you want for your handcrafted goods. 
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal