collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I need some help with a couple of G1s!  (Read 790 times)

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
I need some help with a couple of G1s!
« on: June 17, 2012, 12:03:11 PM »
Another package of ponies arrived for my yesterday, and in it were Surprise and Princess Tiffany. (And Blossomforth) Surprise is in great shape, so I'm just going to try sunfading her a bit. Tiffany needs a bit more work. I've got her head off and tail out to remove tinsel, and I'm already worrying about how I'm going to get that tail back in snugly...

But my real problem is with her DS eye. There seems to be a serious scratch, and it's very visible. I thought maybe I could repaint that eye... But I don't know what kind of paint is right to use on ponies. I know that acrylic will wash off, and I don't want that... What kind of paint is good to use on ponies?

Edit: Forgot to say this as well: Her medallion symbol has paint rubs on both sides, and a lot of the metallic paint is gone. Any suggestions for how to pretty that up? Is there a specific type of paint used for that?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 12:05:23 PM by Prince Primbrose »

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I need some help with a couple of G1s!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 12:14:34 PM »
acrylic paint is want you want to touch up pony paint. Just check her eye liner color (some times you need a little brown or light grey in there to match the original) and seal with watered down ModPoge (about the constancy of milk) I haven't found a match for there symbols yet so I would be very happy if anyone knows of something. I use regular old folk art paint on my girls.

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 12:43:15 PM »
I'd suggest artist-quality acrylics to touch up the eye (and other non-metallic painted areas). Eye scratches are very common though.

As for getting the tail back in, if you get rid of the washer but keep the metal clamp, you should be able to just push the metal end back into the hole from the outside. Unless you plan on brushing her tail a lot, it will stay in fine. Is her tinsel really that bad that it needs to be removed?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 12:52:00 PM »
I dont know enough about customising to help on advise for the paint but if you are removing her tail I recommend the old "string" method for putting the tail back in...I usually replace a washer and grip with a cable tie to prevent any future issues then feed a piece of string through the cable tie, through the pony tail out the neck and tug firmly - the cable tie should pop through the tail hole and assuming you have picked a cable tie just larger than the tail hole you shouldnt have an issue with the tail being tugged easily back out.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 12:53:20 PM »
Is her tinsel really that bad that it needs to be removed?

It's more of a personal preference than anything. I don't like tinsel, or how it makes pony hair feel, and I had read that it was easier to remove the tail to get tinsel out of it.

I dont know enough about customising to help on advise for the paint but if you are removing her tail I recommend the old "string" method for putting the tail back in...I usually replace a washer and grip with a cable tie to prevent any future issues then feed a piece of string through the cable tie, through the pony tail out the neck and tug firmly - the cable tie should pop through the tail hole and assuming you have picked a cable tie just larger than the tail hole you shouldnt have an issue with the tail being tugged easily back out.

Ooh, that's good to know! Thank you!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal