collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Alternate Re-Hair Swap! SHIPPING DEADLINE OCTOBER 1ST!  (Read 25527 times)

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Alternate Re-Hair Swap! PARTNERS ASSIGNED! START WORKING!
« Reply #165 on: July 10, 2012, 10:04:16 AM »
To my partner, I don't care if it's something on my list or not. :) When I made the list, I was just rattling off the names of common ponies. I don't have that many G1's anyway, so anything you give me would be highly appreciated. <3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline TimeDance

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 10, 2012, 10:52:34 AM »
Yay! Got my partner! So excited! So I thought I had a pretty good rehair pony selection in my bait box. I thought at least one would be on my partner's list. And as it turned out, I didn't have a single pony on that list. I was like Really bait box? You have failed me! (Not a complaint on my swap partner whatsoever. Her list was lovely.)

It just so happened, right at the same time I was working on a purchase with a seller and she was like Hey I have this pony, too. Would you consider buying it?

And It was totally the pony I needed! I immediately had a rehairing idea so I was *GASP* YES PLEASE! GIVE ME PONY! So the pony goddesses smiled on me anyway. LOL

I wish everyone equal luck in finding their ponies for their partners.

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #167 on: July 10, 2012, 11:33:43 AM »
As soon as I got my partners, I went to eBay and ordered some baits. The only usable pony I had in my bait box wasn't on either of my partners' lists, and I was a bit hesitant to give it out anyway because it was TE and I know not everyone likes those. Everything else in my bait box has already been customized to some extent, so I can't use any of those. XD

Though, I did do a bit of a dumb move and order the hair almost immediately after ordering the ponies... I wish I had waited a bit longer to think, because I had an awesome idea of what I could do with one of them, and now it's too late because I already ordered the hair. >.< I'm sure my partner will love what I initially chose, but I still really wish I had waited.

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 10, 2012, 12:11:47 PM »
My list is pretty hard and fast but I never saw a shy pose unicorn or pegasus I didn't like. I think part of the fun of a swap is hunting down the perfect bait/hair/etc... I have a couple of baits that were on my partner's list, but her color choice inspired me for a hair color on a different pony she listed and I MUST DO THAT ONE. Holy cow, none of them are colors I like usually, but I am already smitten on this pony. She's going to be hard to give up, but I can't wait for my partner to get her :D

My favorite thing about swaps is the joy of knowing I made someone's day/week/year by hunting down one of her favorite ponies :D and making her look AMAZING!

If you pick one of the poses I like, even though my color preferences are kind of picky, I will probably love the pony at first sight. I always think I don't like something and then a pony changes my mind XD.

Offline babyblueducky

• That's Quacktastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • That's quack-tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 10, 2012, 12:16:36 PM »
ok,  is it weird that last night i dreamed that i was looking for a pony for this swap and what hair color to use? now that i dreamed i was looking for a certain pony, i kinda want to try to find one.

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 10, 2012, 04:20:00 PM »
I hope my list wasn't too hard :"baby surprise or any other g1 baby"  :lol: and about the condition of the pony: I'm not that picky, but i dont like damage to the plastic (chewmark and such)

I dont have that many G1 baits, and the ones I do have need a total make over/full body paint, plus they wern't on the list xD but I just found some ponies >:D now I just need the buy the hair too ^^

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 10, 2012, 05:15:51 PM »
Got pony ordered.  Got hair ordered.  Got extra ponies and extra hair cause some swap host gave me a fab idea for another rehair.  Good thing I learned how to cut my own needles. 
Forgot something in the initial app.  I'm allergic to wool as well, so no mohair please. 
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 10, 2012, 06:44:52 PM »
If anyone needs baits, I have a whole heap in my box, and I had like, 5 from each of my partner's lists. So let me know if you want me to have a look and see if I have anything on your partner's list. :)
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Offline galaxyMLP

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 10, 2012, 07:02:47 PM »
I never answered these questions so my swap partner might be wondering my preferences!

Do you prefer one solid mane and tail color, two colors or a whole rainbow?

I like more than one color usually, I like the candycane type stripes and the rainbow ponies too. I also like hair blends.

Who or what genre of ponies are your favorite?

G1, I think birthflower ponies really need new hair but I had such a long list I hope it wont be too hard to find any!

What brand of hair do you prefer? (ex, Dollyhair, mohair, kanekalon, other)

I really dont mind. I've worked with dollyhair and even play hair taken from dollarstore toys.

Which Hasbro ponies have your most favorite color combos?

I really like moondancers colors but I wish they were darker. I also like the pastel pallets that some ponies have. I like when hair matches the symbol. My favorite color combinations are also  themed like beaches (teals, blues), sunsets (reds, oranges, firey pinks), night time, (dark blues, light blues, deep purples)

Long or short hair?
I like the normal length of pony hair! But longer is nice too. I wouldnt want it any shorther though. I like curls and straight. I dont particularly like wavy hair like pina coladas.

I hope this helps my swap partner and I shoudve posted sooner!

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 10, 2012, 07:04:06 PM »
I got a question, do we have to use the colours we listed as favourite colours?
I know that I don't want my partner to just focus on those colours, because they don't suit each pony! So I'd prefer my partner to just go ahead and decide on a nice colour combo of their own.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 10, 2012, 07:08:36 PM »
I can't match colors to save my life, so whatever my partner dreams up is cool.  Having said that, I do know that what I ordered will work for what I want to create, so no worries there.
:socks:   :frog:

Xaniss

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #176 on: July 10, 2012, 08:26:58 PM »
Many thanks for the clarification of the list ponies!  :D  Please don't fret that I *don't* have any of my partners ponies... I do have a few (about 3) for one of my partners, but only one pony from my other partner's list - hence my question, but it's all good!

If anyone needs baits, I have a whole heap in my box, and I had like, 5 from each of my partner's lists. So let me know if you want me to have a look and see if I have anything on your partner's list. :)

I so might take you up on that one :lol:

I did win a bunch of baities on ebay, but when I received the 'favourite colours' list from my partners, I realised I didn't have any hair in the colours one of my partner likes!  >_<  So I'm off to do a hair-shop too! I have some great colour-combo ideas for both my partners (going by the colours each prefer) but I need to stew on what ponies (from each list) would suit a particular pony!  :)

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #177 on: July 11, 2012, 12:19:08 PM »
The colors I chose were just answered because the question was asked.  But I like ALL colors and whatever my partner wants to use on the pony is Great with me! I'm not picky on ponies off my list either, all that I ask is PLEASE make it a baby or winger. I'm limited to space and they are easy to find space for, plus Super Cute :)

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 11, 2012, 12:58:26 PM »
I have a question:  How many ponies are we allowed to send??  Is this just a straight-up one pony only type of swap?  Have we decided yet?

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline red_velvet_rose

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • *DEEP BREATH* yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 11, 2012, 04:02:12 PM »
However many you like as long as you don't spend more than approximately $15 on the bait(s), not including shipping. Give it your best guess if you're using baits you already have. I figure that means anywhere from 1 to 4 ponies. That's why I asked people who wanted to guarantee they get more than one pony have more than one partner. :)

Rose

I have a question:  How many ponies are we allowed to send??  Is this just a straight-up one pony only type of swap?  Have we decided yet?

And to add, I'm not terribly picky about hair colors. Whatever you think will go well with the pony! I just listed some favorites, but I am open to anything!

Rose
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 04:15:42 PM by red_velvet_rose »
Discord: HaveAHiddles #2993
PayPal: [email protected]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal