collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your Pony Misstakes  (Read 3492 times)

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
Your Pony Misstakes
« on: June 16, 2012, 04:29:45 PM »
I'm sure we've all been there. Looking back at our lives with My Little Ponies there are moments that we regret.

For example I remember I had an extra MOC Vanilla Treat (the G1 Cookery Pony) laying around the house when I was about 8-9 years old. I already had one opend that I played with and wasn't all that interested in having two of the same to play with. So my mother suggested that I'd give the extra one to my stepsister who were two years younger than me as a way of trying to get along with her (we never really did.)
Untill this day I remember that and wish I hadn't given it away cuz that would have ment I'd have a MOC Vanilla Treat in my collection today XD
I probably wouldn't have been so botherd by it if I had gotten along with my stepsister and she had enjoyed it. But we didn't get along at all and she didn't ever play with it either after ripping it open >.<

So with that beeing said, what things have you done, related to My Little Ponies, that you have come to regret? :P
~*Erica*~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
Re: Your Pony Misstakes
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 04:35:53 PM »
Got rid of the puffy stickers and backing cards when I "grew up."  :shocked: I know, I know, but hindsight is 20/20...

I gave away a fair number of my original herd (Paradise, Confetti, a couple BBE babys) but since they were all to little kids, I don't really regret it.  Much.  ^.^

What I do feel bad about was the ponies that got lost in my last move.  That isn't a mistake, stricktly speaking, but I was pretty bummed out about it anyway.

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 04:37:08 PM »
Well, if it make you feel better, kids don't know those things... at least it was given away for good intention. But at the same time I would feel like smacking my head if I did that too. ^^;

When I first started collecting G3s, I bought some for customizing: including MIB unicorn Sunrise Song, who is HTF, I hear... and I ripped open the package and baited her without ever buying an extra. D: Now I collect MIB G3s only and I wish I had never done that...

Offline Storm.Runner

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Berkshire Exmoors
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 04:46:36 PM »
Oooh a pony mistake...I only have one I'm afraid, my collection has never been very big.

When I was a kid I had Mountain Boy Fireball, and because I 'didn't like the colour pink' I gave him away. To who, I'm not sure, but I'm kicking myself now because he's the only pony from my childhood herd I'm missing and I can't afford another. :(

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 05:45:38 PM »
Splitting my childhood collection three way between girls my parents wanted me to get along with who were jealous of my ponies.

I was a very lonely child :(

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 05:53:34 PM »
I played hide and seek with some of my ponies one time. Hid them all around outside in the yard. I had a first tooth tic tac toe that I never was able to find. I still wish I had looked until I found it and occasionally imagine going back to that house and looking some more. Like it would still be there after 20 years. And even if it was . . . gah! the condition it would be in!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 06:14:49 PM »
Ouch! MOC Vanilla Treat would have been so lovely too :(

I regret marking a lot of my ponies with an "L" or a "B" under their feet :P And I regret storing them up in the attic. They came out with smooshed bodies and Surprise's and Ribbon's hair kinda faded on their bodies :yikes:

And I regret getting rid of my Baby Bonnet School of Dance and My Pretty Pony :sad:
My Wish List

Offline Cucco

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • poniponiponi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 06:19:38 PM »
Probably a lesser thing, but I hacked up the manes and tails of three g4 ponies that had the bangs. I was trying to style them...
The G1 color-change hair set is my grail. Currently own: Mainsail, Seaflower, Shoreline

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 06:37:05 PM »
Ah, my heart is breaking  :cry:

Mine isn't so bad, but once years ago, when I was pretty new to collecting and didn't know the right ways to clean things, I got a fairly gross and dirty Show Stable from a thrift store... and when I tried to clean it up I accidentally got some of the stickers/labels wet and ruined them :( It was in sad shape already, but still! I'm still afraid of cleaning things improperly...

:grouphug:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 06:48:26 PM »
I put my MLP Slumber party game mat in water to clean it and hopefully straighten out.  Well it removed the paint just setting it in water with no scrubbing. ARGH..now I need one and there is no one in sight anywhere. Stupid me.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2012, 06:52:53 PM »
Giving away my childhood collection.  It was such a strange thing for me to do too, I kept all my other meaningful childhood toys.  *sigh*

Elf

Rion

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, 07:45:34 PM »
I chopped up my very first brushable's hair (Rainbow Dash) without looking at any pictures or anything to try and get it to look show-accurate. Didn't turn out as bad as I expected, but I still regret it. I got another and applied the skills I learned from styling my others though, and it turned out pretty good... so all was well in the end, haha.

MikaylaIsSoCoolLike

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2012, 08:01:59 PM »
I threw out a Gusty (who could have used a deflocking) and a few Totsy fakies.
sadjfhaskjdfhgaskdfgasjdhfgasdjhfg WHYYYYYYYYY.  :cry:

i could have made a small gusty army, but i'll do whatever you want to past self...

Xaniss

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2012, 08:07:49 PM »
There are so many sad stories here!! I feel your pain, ponies!  :sad:

From my childhood - I regret throwing away the boxes/backcards my ponies came in... mum justified it that we didn't have the space to keep those as well and since I have the pony, I don't need the packaging...

Then during my 'meh ponies' faze, I should have grabbed my extra boxes with my pony accessories (stickers, ribbons etc) along with my Pretty Parlor and She-ra stuff before they were lost in a storage repossession.

Now (during my rabid pony collecting) Not buying G3 ponies when they were out in the stores (like the Target exclusives! Amongst others..) and taking more of an interest than I did, other than 'these are cute for my daughter to have'  >_<

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2012, 08:16:47 PM »
I regret being indifferent to MLP while G3 was out. I think I had some slight interest since the ponies were only $5 and were pretty but I was too embarrassed to buy any except the one time I did for my younger sister's birthday.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal