collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ANTM Official Rules  (Read 2463 times)

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ANTM Official Rules (Jupi, please sticky! Thanks!)
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2012, 06:59:28 AM »
Same as NoDivision. I would just say add the demensions and general washes. :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2012, 07:02:35 AM »
Yes I agree with NoDivision, please can we be notified, I am touchy about my photos and also tweak until I am happy :)
xxx

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2012, 07:41:49 AM »
Checiking in, have read and the rules and understand and accept them  :) So excited!  :biggrin:

I bust out laughing when I saw that gif xD

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2012, 08:33:37 AM »
Checking in!

I have to agree with NoD....I take a lot of time and care with how I photoshop.

Also, I do not use picspa...or whatever...so if you want a particular "filter" run, I will need an example of what it does to a photo so I can attempt to achieve the same look

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2012, 08:38:24 AM »
Checking in and gotcha captain! 

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2012, 09:26:05 AM »
To be honest, the head judges will have to see how it goes. We often change our minds on a whim, and while we will probably give y'all an indicator of the 'feel' we're going for beforehand, I suspect that may not be not decided until we've seen a few entries submitted. Conversely, we may get lazy and prefer to see each entry as is. We can't give you any straight answers other than to just play along and see how it goes. And to trust us like those poor models on the real ANTM do! Muahaha!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2012, 09:45:26 AM »
Huh. Well... okay. I am going to have to say that disappoints me.

I mean I understand the whole "going with it" thing, and when it comes to the kind of challenges, and the eliminations, then that's fine. But to me this is a competition that is about photography as well as the posing and models. When the judges are changing people's pictures for them that greatly alters the nature of the competition. I feel that if the judges are applying filters to peoples photos for them it can improve the look of a picture that might have been so-so, or could undo a lot of hard work that someone did to make a photo look the best we thought it could look.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I'd be much happier if photos were left untouched.  I think every participant should be judged on the merit of the photo that THEY submit, not the final result that has been altered by someone else. And I have a feeling others feel the same way.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2012, 09:51:31 AM »
Huh. Well... okay. I am going to have to say that disappoints me.

I mean I understand the whole "going with it" thing, and when it comes to the kind of challenges, and the eliminations, then that's fine. But to me this is a competition that is about photography as well as the posing and models. When the judges are changing people's pictures for them that greatly alters the nature of the competition. I feel that if the judges are applying filters to peoples photos for them it can improve the look of a picture that might have been so-so, or could undo a lot of hard work that someone did to make a photo look the best we thought it could look.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I'd be much happier if photos were left untouched.  I think every participant should be judged on the merit of the photo that THEY submit, not the final result that has been altered by someone else. And I have a feeling others feel the same way.

I have to completely agree, a lot of very hard work and effort goes into each and every one of our photos, I know mine certainly do, I spend a good 3 hours editing mine for the entries until I was 100% happy with mine. I do feel it should be judged on people's own pictures, not ones edited by someone else, I feel it can change the entire of a photo, and I just think it isn't that fair.
I see where you're coming from, but I do agree on this comment 110%. I really do hope that the photos are left to be taken as well as edited by us. I just feel it is fairer for everyone. Hope this is ok, just my personal feelings on this. xxx

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2012, 10:06:31 AM »
Very excited to see the first challenge!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2012, 10:24:17 AM »
I would also ask editing to be left with the contestants just because we are entering our photos, which are our interpretation of the challenge. If someone else plays with the photo it is not truly our own submission, which is unfair on everybody in the competition, if that makes sense?

Edited (twice!) for terrible spelling :blush:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 10:27:32 AM by Pinkamena »

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2012, 10:30:15 AM »
CLARIFICATION: The main point here is that for each challenge the judges would like to see the photographs as uniform as possible when it comes to photo editing. We plan to show an example before each challenge to the best of our ability, and if you follow that example more or less, there is not going to be an issue. If we do change our direction for a particular shoot, all finalists will be notified and given the opportunity to tweak their photos. Remember, even the most brilliant photo editing only means so much. Of far more importance is the modeling and capturing your best shot. This is the last the judges have to say on this matter. Thank you for your cooperation.

I look forward to seeing the rest of the finalists checking in soon so that we can start this! I think we're only missing a few at this point. I'll tally up now.

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2012, 10:34:01 AM »
Will we be given the chance to approve any editing before you post the pictures? Can individuals opt out of any editing?  Because honestly, my photos are my property. And if I do not give permission for people to edit them, then no one should be touching them.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 10:38:28 AM by NoDivision »

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2012, 10:34:12 AM »
once again, I have to agree with NoD.
it was my impression that this was a photography competition. if the entries are not being judged on what each artist does, but rather what they do that has then been altered by someones else, its not really a competition.

and I know, personally, as an artist, the idea of someone else altering -my- work, makes me feel rather upset. Altering an artists work once they have produced a final product cheapens not only the art, but the artist.

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2012, 10:42:16 AM »
While I do agree that the integrity of the artist is always important, this is in fun and is meant to be lighthearted. :)  Why don't we wait and see what happens?  If something is edited to a point that is uncomfortable, I'm sure the judges can return the image to its original state at the artists request.  That's one nice thing about the 100,000 fake gold coins prize, it keeps things light.

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2012, 10:51:26 AM »
I am just uncomfortable with the possibility of someone else wanting the right to alter my property, at their own discretion and without my permission. Sure it's just a little fun with no prize attached, but the issue for me is that I have always been very protective over my photography (because on numerous occasions it has been stolen) and I don't think such things as intellectual property violation can or should ever be taken lightly.

I am okay with seeing how it goes, but I do not think any members photos should be edited without permission, and I think we should be able to opt out of any editing if that is what we prefer.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal