collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cleaning UK Starlight Babies?  (Read 460 times)

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Cleaning UK Starlight Babies?
« on: June 15, 2012, 01:15:44 PM »
I've completely stayed away from cleaning my UK Starlight babies, they've been clean upon arrival or MOC and I worry about damaging their shiny finish. I have a Baby Stella that needs just a bit of cleaning on her feet. She also has a yellow spot above her symbol, I can't tell if it's a surface stain or if it's deeper. I'm assuming that using acetone on it is out of the question, and it would remove the shiny finish on her body? Can I use magic eraser on her? And also, has anyone sunfaded one of these babies?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nonnavlis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
Re: Cleaning UK Starlight Babies?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 01:21:51 PM »
Magic Eraser works by removing the top layer of an object, so it would remove any sort of finish the pony has if you rub it on her. You could attempt being super gentle, but I don't think it's worth the risk.

That said, I'm not familiar with the starlight babies, just Magic Erasers.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning UK Starlight Babies?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 02:15:13 PM »
The finish is not as soft an delicate as the Pearly Babies but it is still a shiny coating so I would suspect that a magic eraser will have the same effect on this finish as they would have on any other paint/coating texture.

I know from experience acetone will remove it...but not completely it almost seems to thin the coating...I had a Nightsong who ended up with a shallow dip just above her tail as I was trying to remove just a bit of pink paint which had managed to get on to her. The "dip" was hardly noticeable but it certainly hadnt been there before I got to it with a cotton bud/q-tip and some acetone...obviously when wiping away the paint some of the coating had come with it but because the paint had not sunk into the coating as yet and was very much on the surface it came away with minimal damage...if the stains have had time to sink more into the coating I dont know how that would work I would suspect the coating would have to be removed too..similar to if the stains had seeped into the plastic [they couldnt be removed with a surface cleaning chemical]

On sunfading! I have no idea...hopefully someone has had success with this and can let us all know!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal