collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies you don't really care for but buy to complete a set  (Read 1987 times)

BeverlysLittlePony2012

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Ponies you don't really care for but buy to complete a set
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2012, 07:49:23 AM »
The Blind Bag Glitter Twilight Sparkle. I had no interest in any of the glitter ponies and Twilight is my least favorite. However, after I found glitter RD by chance and received glitter Pinkie Pie on my birthday...okay, now I NEED Twilight to complete the set!

Actually, I was gifted a ton of the Blind Bag ponies on my birthday, which, along with the ones I already owned before then, I kind of want to just go ahead and get all 24 now. I had intended only to buy my favorites, but now that I honestly think I'm only about 3 ponies away (including the previously mentioned glitter Twilight Sparkle) I figure I may as well go for the whole group!

I am the same way with these! I got a few and now I can't stop!

Offline Opalescence

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2012, 07:50:31 AM »
blindbag recolors. some are very nice looking, some not so much, but I have to have em all.

Offline sweetstuff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2012, 08:43:09 AM »
Yeah, I'm set completer too - but then there are some sets that I have no desire to complete (Purfume puffs).

I guess there's always a few in each line that I'm not crazy about, but I have her just so she can be with her sisters so to speak.

I need Mimic, but I'm not going out of my way to get her. Maybe one day I'll find her for a good price.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2012, 10:57:44 AM »
Hmm I think that would be German Moonstone. I have her just so my German Rainbow Ponies are complete. I somehow love Flutterbye with her painted symbols, but Moonstone doesn't do anything for me.

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2012, 06:04:20 AM »
I tend to be "all or nothing." Either I collect all ponies in a set or I'm not interested in it at all. That only applies to China/HK ponies, though. With Nirvanas, I buy what I like.
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2012, 06:18:46 AM »
I'm not a completionist per se, but I try to get ponies who look nice together. I'm shallow like that *g*

The only one I want for a set that doesn't look good in my opinion is the Sundae Best pony Crunch Berry.
I hate her hair color so much, but she's the last pony I need to complete my beloved Sundae Bests! And I'll try my best to make her ugly yellow hair fade...

Btw, I'm looking for her right now. If you have one in stock, feel free to PM me ;)

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2012, 06:32:21 AM »
I'm not a completionist per se, but I try to get ponies who look nice together. I'm shallow like that *g*

The only one I want for a set that doesn't look good in my opinion is the Sundae Best pony Crunch Berry.
I hate her hair color so much, but she's the last pony I need to complete my beloved Sundae Bests! And I'll try my best to make her ugly yellow hair fade...

Btw, I'm looking for her right now. If you have one in stock, feel free to PM me ;)

I don't know if you are old enough to remember, but that neon chartreuse color was the awesomeness in the late '80's. Pretty much all neon colors were, I think Shady is the best example of this. I remember seeing her picture on the back card of one of my other so softs and wanting her so bad because she was just so cool :)
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2012, 09:02:17 AM »

I don't know if you are old enough to remember, but that neon chartreuse color was the awesomeness in the late '80's. Pretty much all neon colors were, I think Shady is the best example of this. I remember seeing her picture on the back card of one of my other so softs and wanting her so bad because she was just so cool :)

I was born in the late 80s, haha!
So I don't know if "remembering" is the right word, but I certainly know that this color used to be sort of en-voque.
I can't appreciate it, though. It just looks so odd together with the body color and especially the other Sundae Bests. When I see neon yellow I don't think of a nice dessert, I think of this  :biggrin:

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2012, 09:05:45 AM »
I just get ponies. There are some I like more than others, but I like them l the same. I suppose I don't love 3.5s, but I'm trying to complete my set of them (at least one of each character, I don't collect them by waves).

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

sarafina

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2012, 04:12:33 PM »
I also try to stick to just the ponies I really like and pretend sets don't exist, so I don't have to worry about completing them. But it's hard  :P

When I went through my collection after getting back into ponies, I was very firm with myself about not keeping ponies only because they filled out sets. Rule: If I don't like her on her own, I don't keep her, lol. I find I do appreciate my collection a lot more when it's only ponies I love.

Same here!  I pick-and-choose quite a bit. 

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2012, 09:11:51 PM »
Princess Sparkle. 

She's okay; I don't actively dislike her but I'm not fond of her pose or her colors.  But I had all of the other princesses and their accessories and I felt like I had to get her to complete the set.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal