collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Vinyl is here to stay!  (Read 5011 times)

Wilford B Wolf

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Vinyl is here to stay!
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2012, 12:15:30 PM »
i see  alot of...grief between brony vs collector..and i dont see the issue..is it not possible to be both?

regardless as said above..you now have a comunity big enuf to actualy GET the attention of the high ups and get some things done....theres a point in here where sooner or later some colectors need to thank the brony comunity for not only getting the attention of the high ups but getting some of the toys made....like scratch, zecora lyra...i mean..i really dont get the complaints and mud slinging..so hasbro didnt name her...big deal..hasbro doesnt always come up with good names anyway lol

at the end of the day we all like the ponys right?..

would she be any less or more of a pony with any other name...for that matter would ANY of them be different all the way back to g1 if they had a different name,,might change your memorys a bit but its not like they took say applejack and renamed her to daisy duke(roll with me here) ..i mean..ok so they did sorta do that with suprise becomeing pinkie in a sense but.....

i guess what im getting at is its not like they had named a pony one thing and had to go back and change it for the fans..instead..they made a pony based on an image and gave it a name thats easily searched on the internet and fairly well known by the fans

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2012, 12:30:54 PM »
i see  alot of...grief between brony vs collector..and i dont see the issue..is it not possible to be both?

This is a friendly reminder to not start this debate again, or this thread will be quickly locked. We are one community despite what generation we may prefer or what group we may identify with. Thanks!
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2012, 12:33:55 PM »
that it mighty cool, but i thought her name was pon-3, like in the equestria girls song?
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2012, 12:34:17 PM »
It actually took me forever to realize that P0n3 was leet speak of Pony lol  I had been pronouncing it as "PON" (rhyming with "john" "Three."  :headsmack:

Cub, you just blew my mind. I didn't realize that either and I used to be able to read leet... many moons ago apparently.
I thought it was Pon-E at first, but in the Equestria Girls video the guy in the background calls her "DJ Pon-Three". So I guess it could go either way?

EDIT: Oh hey emuel

TuxAndTails

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2012, 12:44:57 PM »
I really wish they would have picked a different name. Whenever I type or say "Vinyl Scratch" I hear horrible scratching noises in my head.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2012, 12:48:29 PM »
I really wish they would have picked a different name. Whenever I type or say "Vinyl Scratch" I hear horrible scratching noises in my head.

I'm glad I'm not the only one!
I don't care where the name originated, I just hate the sounds that the name conjures up in my mind!

Phekzhen

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2012, 12:57:05 PM »
It actually took me forever to realize that P0n3 was leet speak of Pony lol  I had been pronouncing it as "PON" (rhyming with "john" "Three."  :headsmack:

Cub, you just blew my mind. I didn't realize that either and I used to be able to read leet... many moons ago apparently.

Actually, you were pronouncing it right. That's how they said it in Equestria girls, and that's the only "canon" mention of it.

[Partial post removal for ignoring a mod warning not to continue the "brony vs collector/what is a brony" topic. ~ Kiwi, Site Admin]
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 01:07:26 PM by Kiwi »

Offline Opalescence

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2012, 01:19:55 PM »
that it mighty cool, but i thought her name was pon-3, like in the equestria girls song?

They named her that as a tribute to that Deadmau5 guy. Guess the times and tributes change.

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2012, 01:25:30 PM »
Ahh, she's gorgeous.. I *adore* her andro image, totally rocks! Although I prefer her name being DJ Pon-3. Just how I've come to think of her. XD
Fight like a girl..

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2012, 01:52:58 PM »
theres a point in here where sooner or later some colectors need to thank the brony comunity for not only getting the attention of the high ups but getting some of the toys made.
Oh yeah, we would be nothing without the great brony community... :/

Anyways, i'm ok with the name Vinyl Scratch. It seems more "pony-like" to me than DJ P0N-3. She is not one of my favorite characters (such a boring cutie mark) but i'm looking forward to her toy release.

Appleseed

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2012, 02:19:25 PM »
I don't think anyone has commented on the brilliant Spinal Tap reference on the poster. Seriously, it's genius!

I don't mind Hasbro using fanon names as long as they weren't PERSUADED to do it, as was the case with :muffin: Pony (whom I personally call Ditzy Doo). Bronies shouldn't force Hasbro into doing anything, but if they actually make the choice to use the name, then I don't see a problem.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2012, 02:30:16 PM »
Locked, the brony vs old collectors discussion/debate has been rehashed so many times and will not be tolerated, neither will inflammatory comments. We are one community.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal