collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rainbow Dash with Bangs and Carousel Boutique  (Read 774 times)

Rion

• Trade Count: (0)
Rainbow Dash with Bangs and Carousel Boutique
« on: June 12, 2012, 06:20:14 PM »
Alright, so. I just received the wave 1 Rainbow Dash I ordered from Hasbro's online shop,(http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/my-little-pony-rainbow-dash-25711?BR=704&ID=27968) which I automatically assumed was the one that had bangs based on the images provided. However, THIS is what I just received:visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So... My question is, does this one have the extra hair which is supposed to be the bangs, but just packaged differently? I cannot tell on my accord, because I simply cannot recall what my other two RD's hair looked like. (I styled and cut them to be more show-accurate.) I still haven't opened her, but I'd be willing to pop her out of the box and take more pictures to help anyone determine whether or not this has the bangs.

And another question, my local Toys "R" Us just put a Rarity's Carousel Boutique on the shelf, and I've seen on Ebay that it tends to go for a high price. I'm not sure as to why they'd just get something like that in- maybe it's backstock that they just put out, or perhaps they're re-printing the set? I'm sure someone here can tell me whether or not snagging this would really be worth it.

Offline Nonnavlis

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
Re: Rainbow Dash with Bangs and Carousel Boutique
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 06:29:04 PM »
The ones with bangs are rooted in a T shape that starts at the base of their neck with the top line of the T across their forehead before their ears. I can't tell well in your photo, but I would presume your RD does not have bangs. I can take a picture of mine you can reference, if you would like?

ZettaMomo

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 06:53:25 PM »
Not to sure about the Rainbow Dash... Since I've never had one of the ponies with bangs.

The Carousel Boutique might be worth picking up. Are you planning to keep it for yourself or sell it?
The carousel itself may be a little bit of a pain to ship, but it is the only way you can get Sweetie Swirl. Some people don't want to buy the whole set because the carousel is too big, so maybe you could split it up and sell it?

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 07:11:03 PM »
Looks like you got a Rainbow Dash sans bangs. I have a couple banged Dashes, and that looks like a non-banged Dash to me.
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Rion

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 07:22:06 PM »
Yeah, upon closer inspection it doesn't have the hair rooted in the T-shape. That sucks, I was really wanting a Rainbow with bangs. Guess I'll have to look elsewhere. :d

And regarding the Boutique, if I got it I'd most likely try to sell it- I'm not too interested the the playsets myself, and I figure it'd turn me a decent profit. Hopefully someone else hasn't grabbed it though.

Wilford B Wolf

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 09:37:40 PM »
both my dashie and aj have bangs..yeah T shape that runs across from ear to ear basicly

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 01:09:30 AM »
for the Carousel set : I bet it always goes pretty high, because of the bonus pony Sweetie Swirl :) Shes sooo cutr and if you like her, get a set :) its worth it :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 03:23:39 AM »
RD with bangs isnt available in stores any more unfortunately unless someone has very old Wave 1 stock - she only came with bangs in the first wave - the problem is a lot of stock photos dont change when the Waves do. Lazy retailers!

The Carousel seems to sell for around the $40ish mark at the moment but the value of the set is in Sweetie Swirl who loose by herself seems to fetch about $25ish on average.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal