collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Worst... boxes... EVER  (Read 1951 times)

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
Worst... boxes... EVER
« on: June 12, 2012, 07:17:33 AM »
I didn't think I would, but I finally gave in and bought an extra Travelers Pinkie Pie to open. When I got home with her I started turning the box upside-down and back and forth, trying to figure out how on earth I was supposed to get into the box. I started peeling at the sides but only got small pieces of the box in my hand. I decided to go at it with siccorss and managed get it into the box just enough to cut the bottom corners up. After that I had to use my hands to rip the rest of the plastic away that was covering her and ended up cutting myself on it >.<

Once I FINALLY got into the box I had to use some serious strength to pry her out of the plastic backside of the box. I'm not exagerating when I say it took me at least 10 minutes to get Pinkie Pie and the two accessories out of that box.
Not only that but Pinkie Pie had some marks on her legs where the box had been squeezed around them to keep her in place.

That was without a doubt the most horrible box I've ever had to get a pony out of, and I thought the G3 boxes were bad XD

Just had to vent my frustration and also ask if anyone else had issues with the ponies beeing dented and such from the boxes they come in?
~*Erica*~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Wilford B Wolf

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Worst... boxes... EVER
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 07:48:59 AM »
well pinkie is master of breaking the forth wall so much strength is required to keep her in place ...LOL

i know i thought i was going to break everything when i de-boxed twi and her balloon along with spike...im still surprised i didnt

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 07:49:41 AM »
Sometimes.... but knives really help.  :D
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

amylynnamylynn

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 07:53:26 AM »
I've only had problems recently-both Diamond Rose and Cherry Pie were dented from their packaging.  It's very disappointing!  Another awful one to debox was the TRU blind bag set, my boyfriend had to help me.

ZettaMomo

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 07:57:08 AM »
I think the hardest set I tried to open was the Blind Bags from TRU. My mom and I sat there for forever before we could get the ponies out. My mom actually ended up breaking a nail from it.
I think a while back another arena member ended having the head come off the blind bag pony trying to get it out of the plastic.

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 08:13:27 AM »
well pinkie is master of breaking the forth wall so much strength is required to keep her in place ...LOL

Well she is highly energetic, this is true :P

After hearing these things I'm both happy about that I've decided to keep my other G4's in their boxes and worried >.< Don't wanna go through that horror again with every pony, but at the same time I'm worried the boxes might be damaging the ponies :S

Either way it sounds like Hasbro needs to bring back their G1 boxes for ponies. No torn off heads, broken nails or cuts there :P

~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 08:31:38 AM »
I've only had problems recently-both Diamond Rose and Cherry Pie were dented from their packaging.  It's very disappointing!  Another awful one to debox was the TRU blind bag set, my boyfriend had to help me.

LOL. I swear I broke 3 nails trying to get all those ponies out of that box. Brutal!

I'm violent with my boxes, because I know they'll be violent back. I haven't had any dented ponies yet.

Worst box I have ever ever opened was while I was working at a KB Toys and they had just come out with those Fur Real Friends. A woman came in with her daughter and her daughter wanted a REAL dog, but mom wasn't giving in, so she was looking for the next best thing. Cue Fur Real Friends. She asked me to open one so her daughter could make an informed decision. My boss told me to go for it. I came out of that mess bloody and tired (not an exaggeration). I got blood on her receipt, too. Ha ha. That box was done for, as were my fingers. Everything else is like child's play to me now. :D

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 09:41:18 AM »
I haven't had too much difficulty.  I first take a knife to cut all the tape, and then it's quite a bit easier to open.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 09:53:04 AM »
My method of deboxing ponies:

Get someone else to do it for you. XD
Fight like a girl..

amylynnamylynn

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 10:08:01 AM »
I think the hardest set I tried to open was the Blind Bags from TRU. My mom and I sat there for forever before we could get the ponies out. My mom actually ended up breaking a nail from it.
I think a while back another arena member ended having the head come off the blind bag pony trying to get it out of the plastic.

That was me, haha :D 

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 11:29:44 AM »
They can be quite nasty! I've taken to carrying an exacto knife to open ponys with~ I can take off the back cards without harming them and when I pony is to squished in by plastic I can cut around to loosen things up. just be careful because not only is the knife sharp but the cut bits of plastic are as well!

xoVanille

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 11:36:06 AM »
I always use box cutters...I cut along the tape carefully and slide out the plastic with the pony in it. That way my boxes stay semi "mint" too. xD

Post Merge: June 12, 2012, 11:40:07 AM

I'll say that they do have horrible box hair...well, it's 50/50 anyway. My Cherry Pie has coarse hair and it was sooo tangled. x.x
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 11:40:07 AM by xoVanille »

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 12:11:13 PM »
I just rip open the boxes but I have no interest in keeping the boxes.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Gonzo

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 12:39:04 PM »
It took a lot of force to remove Shine Bright Twi and Starbeam Twinkle from the plastic (and I think some of the accessories were the same way); Cherry Pie, Diamond Rose and Ploomette were all a bit stubborn as well, I think. (IIRC the foremost required cutting the plastic; I can usually debox a pony without doing that)

Phekzhen

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 01:25:41 PM »
I don't keep packaging, just the little pamphlet if it's a new one. I can peel off the tape with my finger easy enough, it's all the hair stuff that really bugs me.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal