collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Novi stars?  (Read 99163 times)

Offline TimeDance

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Novi stars?
« Reply #975 on: June 12, 2013, 10:31:17 AM »
I am super late to this party.

I am not a doll collector. The only figures I collect are ponies and Transformers. Though I do love to sneak down to the Monster High section whenever I'm in a store to see their designs. I would say to people, if I ever collected dolls, it would probably be Monster High. Though their super tall skinny bodies just... I have issues with super skinny dolls geared toward girls. I love me girls with curves!

ANYWAY, still love looking at the Monster High dolls and seeing what new stuff they have out. I noticed the Novi Stars and didn't even bother to catch the name of the toyline. I believe it was Allie I saw. I pulled her off the shelf and thought what a cute little alien girl. She was just so adorable. I love the big head and the cute little legs. From then on, any time I saw them, I just thought how cute they were. I still didn't even pay attention tot he name of the toy line.

Then, I was passing them one day and I saw Malie. I was floored, I thought she was so awesome. I wanted her. Right then and there I wanted her bad. The eyes are my favorite part of this toy line. I just hold the box to my face and stare at all the details (like a weirdo LOL ) And I kept thinking, do I want to go down this road? Do I want to be a doll collector now? Because you can't get just one. Tula caught my eye next and I had to have her, too.

I still have not purchased any. My friend was shopping with me that day when I was trying to figure out if I really wanted to pay $20 for Malie. She hurried me along with a "No, you don't need that. Those are weird."

But... I like that they're weird. That's what draws me. (that and those AMAZING EYES!) I keep watching reivews on youtube and looking at the website, watching the little episodes. And now hearing about even newer ones coming out... gosh I want to hop on this!

But I still haven't purchased any. Because I know if I jump on this, there's no getting off and it's going to be a lot of money out of my pocket. At the same time, I totally want them and I don't feel like I would regret having them. Knowing that there's new ones coming out just makes me want to hurry and buy the old ones before they're gone.

Yeah, I'm just see sawing right now and pussyfooting around. And living vicariously through those who own them, whether they are satisfied with the product or not. And I am TOTALLY going to the site to make my own Novi when I'm not at work LOL

Thanks for those bothering to read my rant, just thought I'd get that off my chest.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline rimmu

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: June 12, 2013, 02:48:02 PM »
I think I'll have to see them in person before I make any decisions. Tily Vizon's face looks like Nita's. I think I'd like Vera Tabray without wings.
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: June 12, 2013, 02:51:51 PM »
New Novi promos! :lol:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.440777096018261.1073741837.152094561553184&type=1

Thanks for posting ! Excited for new dolls! Are these going to be released in july?

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: June 12, 2013, 02:54:38 PM »
Ooh, I love Vera Tabray! Three eyes AND bones AND wings ^.^ I wonder why she and Mimi are "Super Novis"? More expensive? -_-
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline sparkykandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: June 12, 2013, 02:55:50 PM »
Man, do the new girls look weird.  Especially the Curl and Coil girls. 
Admin of a Cheritz fan forum.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: June 12, 2013, 05:25:28 PM »
Ooh, I love Vera Tabray! Three eyes AND bones AND wings ^.^ I wonder why she and Mimi are "Super Novis"? More expensive? -_-

I STILL think they look taller.......but I could be wrong.  Also the "smaller" less-super :lol: Novis don't have pets pictured, and the Supers do, so.....more for your money?  I don't know.

Boy oh boy, how I LOVE these new girls!  Now Mimi doesn't look so outta place :biggrin:  She's right at home with the other girls.  My favorites are the fire and ice girls (opposites are my favorite kinda thing!) and Vera is so pretty:)

I EVEN like the Coil and Curl girls, and I was sure I wouldn't :lol:

Still can't seem to like Tula though >_<
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: June 12, 2013, 05:28:10 PM »
OMG!!! There goes a crap ton of my money this fall, BAM! Gone!

Anne Arctic and Vera Tabray are simply amazing! Those two will be added to my collection for sure.

I still need to get Malie Tasker and Sila Clops. I'm behind a bit.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: June 12, 2013, 05:32:27 PM »
I'm behind too, but it's not my fault!  I swear :lol:  My stores refuse to order in the new stuffs:) 

Oh well.  Gives me a chance to get caught up on the other doll lines you've all sucked me into ;)

You all are bad influencers!  Every last one of ya!
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

angelfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #984 on: June 12, 2013, 09:58:13 PM »
My fav is that three-eyed one, she's amazing!  Their designs just keep getting better!

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: June 13, 2013, 06:49:32 AM »
I really like how different these new ones are.
The Curl and Coil dolls remind me of the cyber-goth dreadlocks. I wish Tilly didn't have a solid plastic TV box for a chest though.
Super Novas are pretty stunning though I prefer Mimi Merize as Vera Tabray's metallic pale pink to silver doesn't look the best.
The Invasion girls are cool too, but I prefer Anne Arctic just because I seem to love the ones with stuff in their legs. :P

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: June 13, 2013, 07:47:18 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.440777096018261.1073741837.152094561553184&type=1

Thanks for posting ! Excited for new dolls! Are these going to be released in july?
OGOSH I AM DOOMED. I had only wanted one or two of these dolls ;.;

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: June 13, 2013, 08:14:21 AM »

Wow- thanks for posting!  Some of those dolls are really amazing!  And a robot doll??  Awesome!!  (Anne Arctic is super beautiful)

Offline TimeDance

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: June 13, 2013, 08:15:53 AM »
I played the alien maker game! The art is just so darling. Though I wish they'd let you make up your own name. Though I guess it's for the sake of the kiddies.

Here's my alien gal: Dee Dazzle.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: June 13, 2013, 11:08:15 AM »

Wow- thanks for posting!  Some of those dolls are really amazing!  And a robot doll??  Awesome!!  (Anne Arctic is super beautiful)

I love Anne!  But I'm worried that she will eventually leak so... no.   And if anyone would have told me I would find a three-eyed bug themed doll cute yesterday, I would have laughed at them.   :blush:
Sig art by SquarePeg!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal