collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Novi stars?  (Read 100227 times)

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Novi stars?
« Reply #855 on: May 06, 2013, 04:53:49 AM »
I have been thinking of getting a Novi Star for a while, but they are ridiculously expensive here. They cost 36€ which  is almost 50$ I think. I am not going to buy one for that price. Also toys don't seem to go on sale almost ever here, so waiting for that isn't an opyion either.

€36? ??? THAT IS RIDICULOUS!! I expected them to be €25 in europe (which is already ridiculous.. they're HARDLY worth €15). They'll flop.. they must flop. I hope nobody pays that much for one. o_o;

It is completely insane! The reason could be that only one retailer carries them and can thus decide any price they want for them. I refuse to pay that and I have never seen anybody buy them, so, they must be shelf warmers.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 06, 2013, 06:11:32 AM »
You would probably be better off with finding a US member to buy one and send it to you. The first wave ones are around $15 here so even with shipping it would end up cheaper.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 06, 2013, 06:23:35 AM »
It's even better to buy them on ebay from the UK.. it's a bit higher priced than in the US but at least saves us some shipping & taxes since it's all within the EU.

But MAN, I still cannot get over that €36. That's more expensive than most Monster High dolls and.. they're larger.. and jointed.. and.. yeah. o_o

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 06, 2013, 06:31:33 AM »
Finland can have some pretty absurd pricing on toys. I gurss here the fact that they are availabe only in one devprtment store, as far as I know, means that they can pretty much set the price whereever they want.

I decided that if and when I get Una, not too keen on many of the others, I'll get her from the UK.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 06, 2013, 06:38:30 AM »
Finland can have some pretty absurd pricing on toys. I gurss here the fact that they are availabe only in one devprtment store, as far as I know, means that they can pretty much set the price whereever they want.

I decided that if and when I get Una, not too keen on many of the others, I'll get her from the UK.

They haven't even reached germany yet AFAIK - So it's likely that we might face a similar situation should one of the more expensive store-chains pick them up. :|
MH dolls (the same line, IE sig) can range from €20-€35 around here.. so yeah, the retailer can make a HUGE difference.. luckily in the case of MH, the cheapest retailer stocks them the most (except for CAMs) - Most likely because everyone buys them THERE. LOL. ;D

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 06, 2013, 07:53:57 AM »
I really like Una, but how will that liquid in her stand the test of time? Also somebody on this thread said that their Una started to leak.  So I am wondering about the quality. Are they good quality or not?

It's a suspected small leak that began when I took one of the doll's shoes off. Hopefully the shoe will plug the leak, but I have no idea what to do if all the liquid slowly drains out. As to how it happened, I have no idea other than the glue used to keep the legs together... maybe it broke off onto the shoe? I can feel it on her other leg and it doesn't seem the best of quality. Hmm.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 06, 2013, 08:56:59 AM »
I have been thinking of getting a Novi Star for a while, but they are ridiculously expensive here. They cost 36€ which  is almost 50$ I think. I am not going to buy one for that price. Also toys don't seem to go on sale almost ever here, so waiting for that isn't an opyion either.

I really like Una, but how will that liquid in her stand the test of time? Also somebody on this thread said that their Una started to leak.  So I am wondering about the quality. Are they good quality or not?

I was worried about Una leaking too-  but she seems to be okay.  I suspect she wouldn't hold up well with a big drop.  I have my doubts that the liquid won't evaporate after many years (like so many goo filled things in the 80s).  I guess you could inject new goo and seal it though (google snowglobe repair).  I decided thats what I would do if it came to that...  The beach Una doesn't have liquid filled legs.

I think they look very well made- that's why I like them so much, the detailing is amazing!  But 36€... yikes.  That's twice as much as the prices here.  (Yes you can sometimes find them for $15 in the US, but for me, I have never seen them for less than $22 except on amazon)

where the heck is sila clops??  I have been looking allover for her, any one know who is carrying her in store? i really want one! THANKS!

I never did find her at Target- so I broke down and ordered her of Amazon.  She is so seriously cool in person.  Here's one for $19 up right now (which is still less than my local Target)  http://www.amazon.com/Novi-Stars-Doll-Sila-Clops/dp/B00B1MN4MC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367855846&sr=8-1&keywords=sila+clops

I have a feeling she will be released in small numbers... stores might not want to stock her because she is so odd.

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 06, 2013, 09:39:16 AM »
Good to know that even if Una starts to drain or the goo starts to evaporate there is a way to fix her.

I'll still keep thinking about it though. There are other things I would rather have and that I am saving up for but she is definetly on my want list.

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #863 on: May 07, 2013, 04:04:17 AM »

I was worried about Una leaking too-  but she seems to be okay.  I suspect she wouldn't hold up well with a big drop.  I have my doubts that the liquid won't evaporate after many years (like so many goo filled things in the 80s).  I guess you could inject new goo and seal it though (google snowglobe repair).  I decided thats what I would do if it came to that...  The beach Una doesn't have liquid filled legs.

I think they look very well made- that's why I like them so much, the detailing is amazing!  But 36€... yikes.  That's twice as much as the prices here.  (Yes you can sometimes find them for $15 in the US, but for me, I have never seen them for less than $22 except on amazon)

where the heck is sila clops??  I have been looking allover for her, any one know who is carrying her in store? i really want one! THANKS!

I never did find her at Target- so I broke down and ordered her of Amazon.  She is so seriously cool in person.  Here's one for $19 up right now (which is still less than my local Target)  http://www.amazon.com/Novi-Stars-Doll-Sila-Clops/dp/B00B1MN4MC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367855846&sr=8-1&keywords=sila+clops

I have a feeling she will be released in small numbers... stores might not want to stock her because she is so odd.

i wishi could find sila in person! none of the targets near me seem to have her and non of the walmarts either. i may have to check some across town.. 

But i may have to break down and get her from amazon :) thanks for the link!

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 07, 2013, 05:25:57 AM »
Galactica:could you post a pic of Sila, if you have her out of the box? I always think dolls and things in general look much better out of the box. I would like to get a better idea of what she looks like in person. Ee don't have her or any of the new Novis.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 07, 2013, 08:56:59 AM »
I don't have a pic of her but will try to get around to it soon  :biggrin:

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 07, 2013, 01:27:21 PM »
I don't have a pic of her but will try to get around to it soon  :biggrin:

Thank you! Although that will not help me with resisting getting Una, but definitely not domestically.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 07, 2013, 02:15:02 PM »
Okay- well I didn't photograph mine, but someone on Flickr took a fantastic pic of her!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8105/8511634945_7a31da3d42_b.jpg

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 07, 2013, 02:42:28 PM »
Okay- well I didn't photograph mine, but someone on Flickr took a fantastic pic of her!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8105/8511634945_7a31da3d42_b.jpg

Dang I love that one. ;_;
I might have to get someone to order her from amazon for me.. or maybe wait 'til she shows up in the UK. She's not an exclusive of some sort, right? Just a regular release?

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 07, 2013, 03:27:07 PM »
I like the different shades of pink in her hair. I am not quite sure I like the glittery skin though.

Fräulein Kim: I have seen her on eBay Uk, but Im not sure if any of the sellers were in the EU. Also I can't remember her price. Less than 36€ though I think.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal