collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Novi stars?  (Read 100164 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Novi stars?
« Reply #810 on: April 02, 2013, 09:09:00 AM »
I saw Sila Clops in Wal-Mart the other day. I'm on the fence about her. She's so.....weird looking.

Haha- my partner said she was .... "errr.. kind of neat"   but then I turned on the red eye.   "Disgusting!"
But then, she thinks mermaids are a little creepy too, so I certainly don't put much stock in her tastes, lol.

I agree she is weird-  I think that's why I like her so much, she is a really unusual doll!

Offline rimmu

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: April 03, 2013, 11:07:23 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: April 03, 2013, 11:35:11 AM »
Roe Botik and Tily Vizon...Gee I wonder what they're based off of.  :rolleyes:
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: April 03, 2013, 12:18:54 PM »
Whooot!? haha, I can't catch up to these dolls XD I still need Tula an Sila!!!!
I hope Roe and Tily have trinkets like the first wave do ^__^
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: April 03, 2013, 12:25:19 PM »
Oh cool! I can't wait to see what they look like- the links appear to be gone from amazon...

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: April 03, 2013, 12:25:49 PM »
That would be cool if they came with like Audio/video/aux/USB/red white and yellow cords that attach to them. They are called Novi Stars Curl and Coil, so it's a posibility. XD
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline cloverofmist

• Trade Count: (+97)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: April 04, 2013, 01:24:08 PM »
Is there some kind of code to know which pet is which???

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: April 04, 2013, 01:43:39 PM »
Is there some kind of code to know which pet is which???

Their pod colors are unique. I have Oko, Zero, and Lemi, and can verify that their pod colors match the stock photos. Plus their antennas stick out so that should be of some help.
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: April 04, 2013, 05:28:52 PM »
I had bought 3 novi stars at walmart for $16.00 a apiece.  I was Honorably disappointed,

They completely fall apart. The arms pop off to dress them and un dress them, But they also fall off just being on their stand. the stand isn't secure I they fell of it all the time. The clothes are poor quality. you have to be careful of the sprayed glitter body because the glitter falls of..not too bad but it dose.

The water glob body have this bad habit of not allowing the shoes to come off because of glue seeping into the shoes. Dont brake it trying to take them off. if they don't come off then I wouldn't try unless you soke her in warm water. but I wouldn't risk that.

However the heads are pretty well made the rooted hair is really well done, But the wigs just become fly away. They are beautiful looking but a display doll only in my opinion. I wouldn't handle them much.

Poor quality, I returned them. i didn't want to, but I felt there was no point in keeping a poor quality doll.

Please don't think I am talking anyone out of buying them. I am just sharing my experience trying to collect them. and being disappointed..
 :sad:
:accomplished:

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: April 04, 2013, 06:09:21 PM »
It sounds like you got a bad batch there because I never had any problems with mine other than a little bit of tipping because she was so top heavy. I personally think they should have gone with a more traditional kind of stand but stands do not make or break dolls for me.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 04, 2013, 07:15:35 PM »
Does anyone have any fixes for eyelashes?

I wasn't very careful with them during my move, and a couple of my girls have smooched or crooked eyelashes now :huh:

Any ideas?
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #821 on: April 06, 2013, 09:47:21 AM »
I had bought 3 novi stars at walmart for $16.00 a apiece.  I was Honorably disappointed,

They completely fall apart. The arms pop off to dress them and un dress them, But they also fall off just being on their stand. the stand isn't secure I they fell of it all the time. The clothes are poor quality. you have to be careful of the sprayed glitter body because the glitter falls of..not too bad but it dose.

The water glob body have this bad habit of not allowing the shoes to come off because of glue seeping into the shoes. Dont brake it trying to take them off. if they don't come off then I wouldn't try unless you soke her in warm water. but I wouldn't risk that.

However the heads are pretty well made the rooted hair is really well done, But the wigs just become fly away. They are beautiful looking but a display doll only in my opinion. I wouldn't handle them much.

Poor quality, I returned them. i didn't want to, but I felt there was no point in keeping a poor quality doll.

Please don't think I am talking anyone out of buying them. I am just sharing my experience trying to collect them. and being disappointed..

i have read these complaints alot in reviews of novi stars..
 i haven't had too many problems with mine, but
 the arms do tend to be  put on sort of loosely.  My nita light will loose her arm if you are not careful with her.

I DO Think MGA could make them alittle better. For $20 ea i think that they  are a bit pricey for what they are. I didn't pay that for mine so i am happy.
 That said i only have a couple of the original ones, maybe sila,  malie and tula  are a bit better?

they seem alittle cheap when compared to quality of monster high, but I still LOVE mine and will continue to buy more. 

Still waiting to see sila in the store, i really want her!!

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: April 07, 2013, 07:39:23 AM »
I'm so sad hearing about problems with these dolls :/ I only have signature Mae at the moment and she is wery well made and I haven't had any problems with her at all.  But it makes me worried about getting new dolls, especially since they're not availiable in Sweden so I have to order them online. :O
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: April 07, 2013, 08:43:05 AM »

i have read these complaints alot in reviews of novi stars..
 i haven't had too many problems with mine, but
 the arms do tend to be  put on sort of loosely.  My nita light will loose her arm if you are not careful with her.

I DO Think MGA could make them alittle better. For $20 ea i think that they  are a bit pricey for what they are. I didn't pay that for mine so i am happy.
 That said i only have a couple of the original ones, maybe sila,  malie and tula  are a bit better?

they seem alittle cheap when compared to quality of monster high, but I still LOVE mine and will continue to buy more. 

Still waiting to see sila in the store, i really want her!!

Agreed.
I want to say that since I use them only as display dolls that they're fine, but they slowly lean and pop off their stands. DX I hate that.
But they're still too cute to pass up. UHG.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: April 08, 2013, 12:22:07 PM »
Does anyone have any fixes for eyelashes?

I wasn't very careful with them during my move, and a couple of my girls have smooched or crooked eyelashes now :huh:

Any ideas?

I would try using an eyelash curler; the Novi Star lashes are long enough that a human-sized tool should work.  If you don't have an eyelash curler already, you can get one in the beauty supply section of pretty much any store, for less than $10.  Just don't squeeze it too tight when you're trying to fix the doll lashes, or it could crimp them - use gentle-ish pressure along the whole length of the lashes to get a nice curl.  If the doll lashes still don't behave, you could warm the eyelash curler in some hot water first.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal