collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Novi stars?  (Read 99994 times)

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
Re: Novi stars?
« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2012, 02:40:42 PM »
I see pullips in japan all the time.. and not only do they scary me (yeah, most dolls actually scare the heck out of me.. ^^; ), I also think they are ridiculously overpriced even in japan, let alone when imported into other countries. So I'm not just complaining about Novi Stars. ;>

(btw, I think a lot of toys today are overpriced. Even the MH and MLP are in germany. But I like them enough to still buy them - So if someone does like NS enough to spend the $20 on them then all is good! We all have our thing that we splurge on here. Especially as toy collectors. ;>
All I wanted to say was that I, personally, am not willing to pay €20 if that should be what they cost around here. ;D)

papier

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2012, 02:50:15 PM »
You think $19.99 is bad? Try £19.99 - which is equal to $31 USD. That's how much Novi Stars are being sold for at Argos in the UK. Yeah, I know, import rates, blah de blah - but it's still crazy. Bratzillas are also being sold for £24.99 ($39 USD), which is ridiculous considering their flaws. It's crazy what these companies expect their customers to pay (whether in the US or internationally).

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #137 on: July 22, 2012, 03:00:33 PM »
Sure mini pullips are overpriced, but this thread is not discussing them. Furthermore they are not a hot seller.

This. I don't see how bringing up mini Pullips was supposed to prove anything. Mini Pullips are completely different. They're not tiny little gimmicky toys for children that are half the size of MH dolls (without the perks of joints and detailed clothing) but the same price (or more, I think, depending on the MH/store).

I would never pay $20 for a Novi Star, and I would never pay $30 for a mini Pullip. They're both overpriced.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Alicat

« Reply #138 on: July 22, 2012, 03:05:02 PM »
Nah, $20 is not BAD, but for the things I expected them to do, like glitter actually MOVE in Una and Arie to smell.
Alie, to me, was the only one I would personally plunk down that money for. BUt, again, I expected her to stay lit for a few seconds after I pressed the button.

Now, I still haven't seen Mae, and she is cute in the pictures!

My Personal quote to myself was, " I can get a MH doll with all those details for $2 more"... So that is why I left them.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 22, 2012, 03:37:31 PM »
I was comparing these to Little Pullips since doll-wise they are the closest things to these I could think of. I do think if they were just regular dolls that didn't talk or light up or do anything they would be a lot cheaper. If I was MGA I would have released a set of dolls without electronics first and then had a set of electronic dolls as a "deluxe" line. There are so many awesome features that don't need electronics they could have used. They could have done one that changes color when touched or in the sun.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2012, 03:57:23 PM »
You think $19.99 is bad? Try £19.99 - which is equal to $31 USD. That's how much Novi Stars are being sold for at Argos in the UK. Yeah, I know, import rates, blah de blah - but it's still crazy. Bratzillas are also being sold for £24.99 ($39 USD), which is ridiculous considering their flaws. It's crazy what these companies expect their customers to pay (whether in the US or internationally).

I think most companies just exchange the $ for a €/£.. and that's already the BETTER option, for in some cases they even add to the amount. ;7
And yeah.. if they are £20.00 in the UK, I think I am more than right assuming they will be €20.00 on the continent. :C

Alicat

« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2012, 04:18:53 PM »
They could have done one that changes color when touched or in the sun.

That would be so cool! You dont see that much anymore!

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 22, 2012, 07:50:57 PM »
From what I'm hearing, they don't have any joints besides being able to move the arm at the shoulders??? Does that mean they can't sit down either?

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Dibbles

« Reply #143 on: July 22, 2012, 08:02:04 PM »
The Target where I work now has Alie Lectric...let me tell you, she is very...blah. And very small. I agree with Taxel - she's not worth the $20.

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 22, 2012, 09:13:16 PM »
From what I'm hearing, they don't have any joints besides being able to move the arm at the shoulders??? Does that mean they can't sit down either?

It depends on the doll. Mae Tallick doesn't have anything inside her body so she has joints at the hip so she can sit down. Una Verse however does not because her body is filled with water and glitter. It hasn't been confirmed yet but I suspect Ari Roma will also be able to sit down since she probably doesn't have anything inside her body either and Allie Lectric won't since she has a clear body with lights inside it. Mae also has a wig while Una has rooted hair.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 22, 2012, 09:48:26 PM »
I think they are the perfect size! I will definitely have to have one to add to my alien collection.

Folly

« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2012, 12:20:33 AM »
Oof- I really hate tiny dolls.  I still want Mae though :x at least the size and price tag will stop me from blowing more money on the others!  Mae... I'm still in love with her XD

Kafrizzle

« Reply #147 on: July 23, 2012, 03:52:22 AM »
The small size is actually making me like these more.. 

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2012, 11:08:57 AM »
Someone else on Flickr got Ari and yes her legs do move. So really the only one who is a question is Allie Lectric. (so is Nita Lite but she hasn't been found yet so she doesn't count)

Also Secret Pet Pods have been found. I wonder what they look like.
https://twitter.com/?ref=nf#!/BratzHeaven/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FQfdwR5fb&utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=BratzHeaven&utm_content=227779054902841345

Av by Moonflower.

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 25, 2012, 11:15:22 PM »
I'm kinda bummed at how small they are. :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal