collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Novi stars?  (Read 100150 times)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Novi stars?
« Reply #1425 on: April 04, 2015, 07:43:30 AM »
Thanks for the list, Galactica!! I didn't even know the Stellar Skinz existed before now, maybe they weren't released over here or something.

Ina Ferna is so cute aaaaaaaa, I'm so tempted to get her.. *__* I really don't need to collect anything else, though XD

Weirdly - I think the Stellar Skins are STILL available at Walmart. I don't think they sold very well.

It is just as well you are not committed to getting Ina- she was never easy to find- and has only become more challenging to track down...

^

I've seen them on clearance at Walmart, as well as Una & Ari.  Depends on the store.  Tuesday Morning also had the Skinz for a split second.

The stores wanted too much, even on clearance.  You can buy them on eBay for similar, if not lower, prices.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: April 04, 2015, 03:25:23 PM »
I actually bought Ina off Amazon UK a few days ago ^^;; My resolve didn't hold out for very long, rofl. I'll try and remember to post photos when she arrives.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Akemi-chan

• Matcha-flavored Teeny Tiny
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1427 on: April 04, 2015, 06:19:17 PM »
I actually bought Ina off Amazon UK a few days ago ^^;; My resolve didn't hold out for very long, rofl. I'll try and remember to post photos when she arrives.

Oooh yes please do!  I haven't seen owner pics of her yet. :heart:

Have you fan-girled today, [you]?
*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: April 06, 2015, 04:22:48 PM »
I couldn't resist snapping a photo of Tula!

Offline Akemi-chan

• Arena Supporter
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1429 on: April 06, 2015, 07:06:38 PM »
I love the geo shapes on her face!  Very 80s!  I still need to add her to my collection.

*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: April 08, 2015, 01:52:19 PM »
*hugs CupidStrikes*

She was able to do the biggest favor for me and picked up the newest dolls from The Entertainer!  They arrived from the UK today! 

After having my dolls fall over repeatedly...and my cursing in frustration...I finally got them to stand on their own (actually, the dolls with the stands gave me the most trouble  ^^;)

Offline Akemi-chan

• Arena Supporter
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1431 on: April 08, 2015, 02:12:35 PM »
Aww I love the Arena!  So much love and comradeship!

Congrats on your new girls Spiffy!  They look great!

*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: April 08, 2015, 02:22:38 PM »
Such a lovely set! Congrats on your girls!

Offline Ackryllis

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: April 09, 2015, 09:14:12 AM »
I love Novi Stars. Even if they lack the quality for such high price. I'm sad they were cancelled.
Has anybody else gotten a limb broken? I've had my fire novi for couple of months now and handled her about three times. I took her out of the selv just for a quick peek and her right leg just fell off. I tried glueing the piece carefully so I could pose her but the type of plastic just won't be glued nicely. Sad that her restraint posing properties are even more restraint now.

On another note her dress makes for a cool poncho/cape

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: April 09, 2015, 09:15:57 AM »
I've never had a leg fall off!  Weird!

The arms, however, well they just pop off all the time.  Wacky little alien girls.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: April 09, 2015, 09:33:24 AM »
*hugs CupidStrikes*

She was able to do the biggest favor for me and picked up the newest dolls from The Entertainer!  They arrived from the UK today! 

After having my dolls fall over repeatedly...and my cursing in frustration...I finally got them to stand on their own (actually, the dolls with the stands gave me the most trouble  ^^;)

:hug: you're totally welcome :)

I've found I can't display my Equestria Girls beside Doe as they really don't look as nice, especially in the face. I wonder if Novi had made more animal-themed dolls then they might have sold better? I can think of a bunch of cool concepts for less commonly-used animals that would work pretty well. Alas :(
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: April 09, 2015, 10:53:00 AM »
I think they failed with their webisodes.  Granted, I think they're adorable (especially the one about the giant cookie from the mall).

Girls are a bit too smart for mall/boy-crazy/fashionista storylines.  Same thing with Pinkie Cooper.

I mean, Lalaloopsy is popular.  How? No idea.  But I did catch some of a cartoon and it had a decent storyline.  I guess that's why.

I don't know what a good backstory for the Novis would be.   Maybe a cultural exchange program?  Maybe they all went to school together (lol, Novi Star High XD)

I still think Pinkie would have been a hit if they had been spies posing as fashion bloggers/DJs/designers.  I mean, they are dogs!  Sniffing out the baddies and foiling their evil plots.

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: April 13, 2015, 12:32:42 AM »
I still think Pinkie would have been a hit if they had been spies posing as fashion bloggers/DJs/designers.  I mean, they are dogs!  Sniffing out the baddies and foiling their evil plots.
aww, this sounds totally awesome! :3 I also wish they'd have been a little more than another line of girls who like fashion, and I'm also sure they could have sold better that way (especially with accompanying/themed fashion). yes, they were dogs which is unusual, but in a world where anthro pony and monster dolls are available on the shelves dogs might not stand out that much just because they are dogs. I wish they stuck around more, I have always admired Pinkie Cooper but only realised I'd actually want to own them after their discontinuation (also, they never reached my country).

I'm also sad to see the Novis go, but yeah, I also believe their bios kind of sucked, and it seems just being alien doesn't trigger instant success either. I don't know if they sold more if there were more animal-themed Novis available. to me the animal theme was both tempting, but also not so well-done. I do like Doe, and was very excited to see a deer with antlers, but I have found in the end that I don't like her enough overall, just the antlers didn't do it for me. I am more into the core alien characters like Una and Alie. I wish to own these two someday, but Novis didn't make it to my country either (sometimes it sucks to live here big time -_- ), so I can only hope to find them while thrifting (we have some second hand shops that sell toys imported from the UK, for example), or cave and order them from abroad.

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: April 13, 2015, 02:40:42 AM »
i would have liked a novi boy =)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: April 13, 2015, 06:11:36 AM »

I think they failed with their webisodes.  Granted, I think they're adorable (especially the one about the giant cookie from the mall).

Girls are a bit too smart for mall/boy-crazy/fashionista storylines.  Same thing with Pinkie Cooper.

I mean, Lalaloopsy is popular.  How? No idea.  But I did catch some of a cartoon and it had a decent storyline.  I guess that's why.

I don't know what a good backstory for the Novis would be.   Maybe a cultural exchange program?  Maybe they all went to school together (lol, Novi Star High XD)

Lalaloopsy didn't get a cartoon until it was popular. They got popular because of the whole "sewn from" idea appealed to the younger age group Lalaloopsy is targeted to.

Novis and Pinkie didn't last because their competition was so strong and there was literally a glut of new doll brands on the shelf all at the same time. Would they have been helped by having interesting diaries and/or webisodes? Perhaps but I don't think it would have been enough.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal