collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Novi stars?  (Read 100037 times)

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Novi stars?
« Reply #1380 on: March 10, 2015, 09:15:55 AM »
OOOOOOOO I need 20 of those doll stands!!!!!!! :frolic:

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: March 10, 2015, 09:19:55 AM »

I'd be surprised if they don't come with the little plastic stand- since sticking them in those stands is the only way to keep them upright.  If they truly don't have stands, my guess is that they will fit into stands of the other dolls- but I'd have to try each one to see who is compatible...

The listing for her on the shop's website only says she comes with a comb :/ It's a bit weird, as the stands look to be tailored and themed to the dolls they come with. I did a quick Google and nope, no stand. The joints in her legs are quite loose, too, so even leaning her is a bit precarious. I'll try one of the stands  palaisdejouets linked though :)

The Entertainer's website is a bit janky. I had it refuse to allow me to click and collect 3 items, but allowed me to make two separate orders for them  :blink: (three different items, no purchasing limits on them). It also often claims in-stock items are out of stock when you try to make the order.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: March 10, 2015, 12:34:40 PM »
Yeah- the website is very buggy-  I tried ordering the three dolls they have in stock (all of the new ones except the Deer) - and went all the way through the process- when it just dumped my cart and started me over with a new page-  I wasn't even sure if the payment had gone through- so I contacted their customer support- who confirmed that no, in fact I had not completed any order  -_-

Luckily though- they are very nice, so I am working out how to buy the dolls I want anyway - they said they could send me a paypal invoice. Things are delayed somewhat of course by the the fact we are on VERY different time zones... I hope I get them! 

As for those Barbie stands- I am not entirely sure they would work- since the Novi Stars have such teeeeeny tiny waists.

The stands that the Novi Stars come with don't work particularly well either- as my dolls are always trying to leap out of their stands (especially the first wave).

I wonder if the Kaiser doll stands (for dolls 6-11") would work? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA67Z23W0009

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: March 10, 2015, 01:08:07 PM »
Their staff in store are super friendly, too, I think their website just needs some tweaking :) They win points for being one of the only stores to list the characters in an assortment individually though! Good luck with the order. I wasn't even aware they shipped internationally, to be honest!

I ordered one of the stands as they're only 54p :lol: if it doesn't fit Doe it might fit an EqG doll (they're not the most stable dolls), and I'll improvise with some craft wire and felt or something  ^.^ Whilst Googling about, I found that some of the dolls' arms come off. Is this true for all of them, or only some? It looks like Justina Hour's do (she comes with instructions, it seems), but Doe A. Deer didn't come with anything like this (unless it's been very well hidden in the packaging...
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: March 10, 2015, 02:03:58 PM »

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: March 10, 2015, 02:59:17 PM »
I am shocked to learn that these girls don't have stands!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: March 10, 2015, 03:17:54 PM »
I am surprised too- I was hoping that maybe it just wasn't mentioned, but I just read confirmation on a blog that they don't have stands... (actually quite a cute review of all the dolls):
http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.com/2015/02/novi-stars-2015-frostina-sprinkles-and.html
For Deer and Justina:
http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.com/2015/02/novi-stars-2015-doe-deer-justina-hour.html

Looks like Frostina has the same shoes as Mallie tasker, so if you snag an extra Mallie stand- you can use that!

Honestly - I don't know how much of a loss the lack of a stand is- the stands have never worked well- the dolls are VERY top heavy and tip over in their stands all the time. My dolls are mostly leaning up against their cabinet or other dolls...

I am a teensie bit disappointed with this last wave in that they are recycling body molds and parts- and the dolls don't seem quite so unique as prior waves-  but of course I still wanted them as I find them quite unusual and appealing. 

SO happy that that UK shop accepted a US order- and such a reasonable price too! Now all I need is Doe a Deer :D  (I had thought I could resist her and just get the candy themed ones- but I have since come around after seeing some in-hand photos- she is so cute!)

It really looks to me like that UK shop had the dolls at a clearance price- so I hope that doesn't mean the line is already running out... guess time will tell- we'll either see a bunch more appear in UK stores- or none at all.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: March 10, 2015, 03:54:41 PM »
I don't think so - £20 is a lot of money for what the doll is, they wouldn't ever have sold for that amount of money, especially considering what other dolls in that price bracket come with. They're very visually striking, so it's a shame the line has apparently been discontinued.
When I picked up my doll last weekend the person at the store said they had had such a massive delivery of them that they hadn't know what to do with all of them :lol: so it sounds like there may be a healthy stock . Some UK stores are a bit weird about "clearance", too. When the snowglobe princesses first appeared, they immediately went on clearance in Sainsburys despite being a brand new line  :blink: aaaand Sainsburys still stock them six months later :shrug:

I won't be going near an Entertainer for a while , but I'll see if they have any Does left next time I go past :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: March 10, 2015, 04:57:38 PM »
I don't think so - £20 is a lot of money for what the doll is, they wouldn't ever have sold for that amount of money, especially considering what other dolls in that price bracket come with. They're very visually striking, so it's a shame the line has apparently been discontinued.
When I picked up my doll last weekend the person at the store said they had had such a massive delivery of them that they hadn't know what to do with all of them :lol: so it sounds like there may be a healthy stock . Some UK stores are a bit weird about "clearance", too. When the snowglobe princesses first appeared, they immediately went on clearance in Sainsburys despite being a brand new line  :blink: aaaand Sainsburys still stock them six months later :shrug:

I won't be going near an Entertainer for a while , but I'll see if they have any Does left next time I go past :)
That would be awesome of you!

I was reading on that person's blog- that last month they were only 5 quid! So I guess the price was low to clear out some stock-   

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: March 10, 2015, 05:04:20 PM »
Probably Barbie stands would work, along the lines of these ones.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I have quite a few of these stands in clear.  They're great, but I don't think they'll work with Novis (I haven't tried).

They're much like Monster High stands, however the base and waist clips are larger (but not as large as the clips for the boy MH dolls).

I've thought of boiling the clips and pinching them inward, but have never gotten around to it.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: March 10, 2015, 05:13:45 PM »

That would be awesome of you!

I was reading on that person's blog- that last month they were only 5 quid! So I guess the price was low to clear out some stock-

I'll likely be unable to ship them as cheaply as the Entertainer does (I wonder what courier they use...)  but we'll see if I manage to get any before we worry about that :lol:

They were £5 for a "weekend" (good one, Entertainer, you're closed on Sundays!) special sale. That blogger bought hers the same weekend I got mine, so I don't know if this is something they do regularly or not (they do have 25% off almost perpetually, except when they have new ponies I want :lol: ). It wouldn't surprise me if these are otherwise shelf-warming at full price, hence the stores immediately placing them on sale (and it makes them seem more of a great deal).

Offline FluffleNuff

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: March 18, 2015, 07:52:51 PM »
Wow! I may be late getting into this but I have decided that I simply must have Carmela Sweet! How do I get a Novi Star?
A PONY A DAY KEEPS THE SMILES ON YOUR FACE

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: March 18, 2015, 08:14:30 PM »
Woah!  I was on The Entertainer's site less than 24 hours ago and they are SOLD OUT of so many dolls!

They're currently going for £6 - Carmella & Doe are listed as "In Store" only.

This is nuts - did they really sell out of all of their old stock?!

Post Merge: March 18, 2015, 08:16:34 PM

I just noticed the the new dolls (without stands and pets) are listed for ages 4 - 8 while the older dolls are 6 - 10.

Do you think that's why they got rid of the stands?  I was assuming it was to lower the production costs, but maybe it was to change their target audience?

Post Merge: March 19, 2015, 06:05:38 PM

Guess what I found at the thrift store today!  Malie Tasker!

She's in good shape (needs her hair done), but only comes with her dress.  If anyone is interested, I can sell her to you at cost plus actual shipping...which is $5.50 total if you're in the USA.

Perfect opportunity to get a cheap Malie head to pop on a MH body ;)  (or if you don't mind a bare footed/stand-less doll, to keep as is ^.^)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 06:07:05 PM by LittleSpiffy »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: March 23, 2015, 11:26:59 AM »
Oh yeah I noticed too that The Entertainer only has "store stock" (in person pick up) for all the new ones except Frostina-

I think that happened when the doll price was further reduced to £6.   I was going to wait and hope they re-stocked Doe (who I didn't get in my first round), but gave up and asked Stripeycat over on the MH arena to order one for me (so sweet of her!)

Can't wait to see my dolls now!

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: March 26, 2015, 02:26:10 PM »
How does everyone display their dolls? 

I'd love to see pictures of everyone's collections!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal