collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Novi stars?  (Read 99156 times)

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
Re: Novi stars?
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2012, 04:10:18 PM »
From the pics it appears that they come with their pets, which is good. I like them. :heart:
Hm.. yeah, Una will probably be filled with liquid. :C Most people seem to enjoy that, tho.. seems just us two who are worried. xD;
Most likely the designers and company did not have collectors in mind and thought that she'll only has to last a couple of years. :7
I know there are ways to refill/restore the aquapets for example.. but it always involves tiny drills and special liquid and putty, so I've never gotten around to try it on mine yet. And that is just a CONE. I cannot imagine the hassle to restore some doll's legs that way. x^x

Wellll.. the scented one is my fav, so I'll first get her, if any.. and then see from there. ^^;
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 04:11:49 PM by Fräulein_Kim »

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2012, 04:16:52 PM »
Haha yeah sometimes I need to sit back and remember that these toys are aimed at children, not collectors. (But when we have toys from our childhood that have lasted several decades and it seems as though toys made for children nowadays would be lucky to last even 10 years, it kinda burns. xD)

I'll probably get one of these dolls for my little niece! She'll be three years old soon so I hope these somewhat odd-looking dolls don't scare her lol. The one that lights up is really cute, though! I like her hair and adorable little twisty-heart antennae.

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2012, 04:26:52 PM »
http://www.flickr.com/photos/glamsun/7511060666/?q=novi stars a few proto pics?  Not sure if these have been seen, maybe on the fb page.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2012, 04:30:37 PM »
These dolls are not worth $20 to me, because they don't even have partial joints, but if I catch a good sale I want Una really badly. They've got gorgeous faces. I wonder if their heads could be put on MH bodies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Folly

« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2012, 04:35:05 PM »
I actually read somewhere that $20 is just what they'll be at Justice, and they charge like what, $20 for MH dolls that are $12 at walmart?  So there's a good chance they'll be cheaper at other retailers.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2012, 04:49:39 PM »
Haha yeah sometimes I need to sit back and remember that these toys are aimed at children, not collectors. (But when we have toys from our childhood that have lasted several decades and it seems as though toys made for children nowadays would be lucky to last even 10 years, it kinda burns. xD)

I'll probably get one of these dolls for my little niece! She'll be three years old soon so I hope these somewhat odd-looking dolls don't scare her lol. The one that lights up is really cute, though! I like her hair and adorable little twisty-heart antennae.

Yeah. :7
I guess it just reflects society as a whole nowadays.. everything is so fast-paced and not made to last and when the next best thing comes out you simply throw the old one out.. even if it is barely a few months old.. (think TVs and Phones..)
I'm glad that I was able to preserve most of my childhood toys and that they're still holding up pretty well, tho. xD;

Getting one for your niece sounds like a good&cute idea however! ^^
That way you do a good thing and might also be able to inspect the dolls from up close and then make your decision.. Haha. ;D

I LOVE the hair on the light-up one. I'm just not so fond that her head and body appear to look so different b/c the body is clear? (head/body mismatch.. biggest pony-pet-peeve)
Guess I have to see them in person! :>

Folly

« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2012, 06:00:02 PM »
I LOVE the hair on the light-up one. I'm just not so fond that her head and body appear to look so different b/c the body is clear? (head/body mismatch.. biggest pony-pet-peeve)
Guess I have to see them in person! :>
That's my problem with everyone but Mae, I think :< it kinda bugs me that the other three all have mismatched bodies, even Arie... I'd probably like her if her body wasn't coated in glitter T_T
I mostly just want Mae and all the pets as it is now, I guess we'll see when they're in stores though!  I really want to make Mae a little Miku outfit xD

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2012, 06:15:36 PM »
These are awesome, I need them all! :blush:
But not so excited about this though:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexbabs/7427763498/

If this is real, oh my.. Playset with exclusive doll right away? not cool  :huh:
....kind of excited about this.  As a certified womanchild, I'm quite fond of nightlights xD

LOL I am a woman child too!  these girls look so cute ! I may just have o get them.. the collector in me says get them ALL  my wallet says ouch.

when are these girls due out.... oh and i hope this forces mattel to make me an alien MH girl
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 06:19:50 PM by mistic_imp »

Folly

« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2012, 06:27:22 PM »
These are awesome, I need them all! :blush:
But not so excited about this though:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexbabs/7427763498/

If this is real, oh my.. Playset with exclusive doll right away? not cool  :huh:
....kind of excited about this.  As a certified womanchild, I'm quite fond of nightlights xD

LOL I am a woman child too!  these girls look so cute ! I may just have o get them.. the collector in me says get them ALL  my wallet says ouch.

when are these girls due out.... oh and i hope this forces mattel to make me an alien MH girl
They should be in most major retail stores around the end of the month :D I can't wait XD

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2012, 08:57:32 PM »
gah.. my wallet is really going to be hurting!

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2012, 09:04:29 PM »
Is it just me or do their torsos seem too short and their legs seem too long? They are cute, though.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline JoshsPonyPrincess

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2012, 09:11:06 PM »
I for one will probably end up getting the whole set :)

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2012, 11:28:10 PM »
I for one will probably end up getting the whole set :)
I'm looking to get all 4, as well

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2012, 03:40:29 AM »
That's my problem with everyone but Mae, I think :< it kinda bugs me that the other three all have mismatched bodies, even Arie... I'd probably like her if her body wasn't coated in glitter T_T
I mostly just want Mae and all the pets as it is now, I guess we'll see when they're in stores though!  I really want to make Mae a little Miku outfit xD

With Ari I try to convince myself that it is her Spacesuit, not her actual body. LOL. ^^;
I like the general design that Mae has, but from the pictures she looks so tacky and cheaply made.. IDK why.. maybe the plastic they used and that all the bolts and plates have not been painted? (I have a similar problem with MH Robecca) ..maybe she's another one that will look better in person. : >

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2012, 08:21:59 AM »
Someone on FB found the Walmart listings for them and it looks like they will be $17.47 there. Not too bad considering some of them have electronics inside them.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal