collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are Dutchies really so popular? *advice needed*  (Read 2190 times)

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
Are Dutchies really so popular? *advice needed*
« on: June 08, 2012, 03:09:52 PM »
Ok, so i live in the Netherlands so it is easier for me to get my hands on them. Last years i sold many Dutch ponies and the thing that surprised me is: They were sold so fast!

I know all Nirvanas are popular but it was so obvious how soon the all went. I just started a topic with upcoming sales of dutchies and my PM box was full. Is it just me, maybe they are not special to me anymore because i have had so much of them. Or do i just give people good deals?

I sold Dutchies for €25, €27.50 en i believe i had 1 hit the €30 range, but i barely do that.
What do you guys think of the prices i ask. I know many people ask more, i know i could too, but i like it so much if someone gets excited because i can offer a great deal :)

I was really looking for your opinions, because i know most people will ask me full price too.. not fun if i offer nice deals but pay normal prices myself. Should i go a little higher or not?

I don't know why i am typing this, after all the PMs on my Dutchies i'm a bit confused. Sorry if it sounds unclear or weird. Hope you guys see what i mean.

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
    • View Profile
Re: Are Dutchies really so popular? *advice needed*
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 04:49:05 PM »
i think that its very kind of you to sell them for such great prices :) i also sold some rare italians for rather cheap to pony collector friends because i found them on flea markets or elsewhere for a great price. its a chance for people who do not have the money to buy them on ebay. but if you really need the money you should sell them at higher prices. for my opinion even 30€ are cheap for a dutchie like for example diary pony.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 04:56:29 PM by zora »
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 08:54:34 PM »
I to think it's super nice that you sell them for great prices! I would never have baby dolphin if not for you! I know she had little issues but I love her and you sold her to me at a great price! I agree, if you need the money, bump the prices up a bit :) Most of my ponies I sell are what I paid for them so I'm not gaining but trying not to loose either. Good luck with your sales!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 09:42:39 PM »
I haven't seen a Dutch Baby Dolphin for sale in quite some time, and she's the one I'm looking for. So I know that at least several of the Dutchies are rare/ sought after.
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 10:51:08 PM »
The dutchies are certainly popular : ) I paided around $50ish (average) for all the adults... expect dutch diary who I got off you ; )

You could put the prices up people will still buy them it just depends on how you feel about it.

Oh I will kill for dutch dolphin.. she is soo pretty!

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 11:01:47 PM »
I love the fact that you do your ponies at great prices. :lovey: and if I ever had anything worth selling that you'd want, I'd make a good deal for you. :)
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 11:48:31 PM »
I love the fact that you do your ponies at great prices. :lovey: and if I ever had anything worth selling that you'd want, I'd make a good deal for you. :)

Same here. :)
You always have great deals and that makes it easy for me to offer you great deals as well. :)

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 06:12:34 AM »
Thanks guys!

Well, normally i don't need the money that bad so i'm ok with what i do (otherwise wouldn't be doing it :P)
But coming months i have higher bills so maybe i need to go a bit higher as i nééd the money.

Thanks for great advice & hope to offer more lovely ponies to all of you :)

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 01:33:48 PM »
They are quite popular! I think it's because some of the colours are so unusual and go so well together. The prices you sold them for were probably on the low side (which was very  nice of you to do!), but it does depend on the pony. Some of the less popular ones are generally that price, but others go up to about $60, which is 45-50 euros.

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

FlyingPonyMonster

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 02:45:59 AM »
I think your prices are great, islets nice that you make them accessible for other arena members!
Dutch ponies are gorgeous, I have the whole set but am looking for a baby cat upgrade :)

Offline moondancer1

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 01:07:19 PM »
It is very kind of you to sell your ponies at lower prices so people can afford them.   I am sure your ponies are much appreciated by thier new owners!  I think my Dutch ponies are some of my favorites and I am grateful to have them.  I dont know what accounts for thier popularity.  If you think your prices are too low you could always take offers for them and sell them to the highest.  That would give everyone a chance to offer what they are willing to pay.   I hate when I miss out on a great pony and sometimes I was willing to pay more than what the pony sold for!  :)  If you need the money I dont see anything wrong with getting the best price for your ponies.  Good luck!

Offline LuvMyBoy

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 02:28:37 PM »
Maybe you could find me a dutch Shell or Flower baby ;) hehe

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 05:45:01 PM »
oh yeah offers is great, I always get to your dutchies to late these days they are well and truely gone by the time I see them and I would pay more most of the time to have them ; )

Offline Gypsy

• Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+184)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • VNCToys.com
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 09:03:20 PM »
What LadyG said! I think also popular casue they are a more affordable Nirvana as well.  I think the mosy I have paid was $80 USD for Shell Pony, so in USD I think your prices are pretty close/reasonable.  I am still lacking Flower- Pony, and Cat-Pony they seem to go around the $80USD as well when I am after them?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal