collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My little pony tales  (Read 1863 times)

Offline Wildshadow

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Favorites of all time? Surprise, Danny and Spike!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/kriticosium/
Re: My little pony tales
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 09:57:56 AM »
but I could have seen them in Sweetheart Sisters' poses (not too big, but also not too young).  ^_^

I SO DID THAT! X D I took the ones I had and was comparing them to the Tales ponies, I almost had all of them, heh!

What I remember using was Lovin' Kisses as Sweetheart, Spring Song as Clover and Wild Flower as Patch.

I remember before they showed the Tales episodes, they started using the Tales opening for the older ones and I was so confused at first, wishing to know who all these new ponies were! Then when they finally showed them, I was 'Yay! more stories and songs to memorize!"  I sung myself silly X D  The first episode(s) I watched were Bon Bon's Diary and the one with it where Starlight starts playing soccer (I forget the name of that episode ^^" )
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Starscout for the sig and Shaiyeh thanks for the avatar  :heart: Ombyshadow

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 10:07:39 AM »
They missed out on a lot of toy opportunities too.  I know I would have given anything to have Lancer, Teddy and Ace as toys.  Miss Hackney too.  And the Ice Cream Parlour/Rainbow Beauty Salon would have made such a cute playset! :(
They could even have reused the molds of the Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe (which would have been new to Europe) and the Perm Shoppe for that purpose. But I guess the toys weren't bringing in enough money for Hasbro, even with a cartoon to advertise them, and the fact that pretty much all of the molds were reused from the 80s.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 10:13:58 AM »
They missed out on a lot of toy opportunities too.  I know I would have given anything to have Lancer, Teddy and Ace as toys.  Miss Hackney too.  And the Ice Cream Parlour/Rainbow Beauty Salon would have made such a cute playset! :(
They could even have reused the molds of the Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe (which would have been new to Europe) and the Perm Shoppe for that purpose. But I guess the toys weren't bringing in enough money for Hasbro, even with a cartoon to advertise them, and the fact that pretty much all of the molds were reused from the 80s.

Well, "reused molds from the 80s" isn't quite the right way to think about it.   The MLP toyline ran continuously from its inception up to MLP Tales (in Europe, anyway), so as far as Hasbro was concerned this was the same toyline.   Reusing the 80s molds wasn't a sign of lack of confidence in the line, it was just something Hasbro did because it worked. 

Besides, at the same time as the Tales ponies came out Hasbro DID make a bunch of new molds--the Rollerskating ponies with their molded-on rollerskates, Baby Sapphire's mold, newborn Baby Bouncy's mold (the rearing one), and the Surprise Twins mummy.  Plus a couple buildings (the schoolhouse and kitchen.)

I see people's point about the Tales ponies not exactly being baby ponies, but the baby molds still seem most appropriate for them, IMO, over the Sweetheart Sisters (too elegant--but that would work for Meadowlark) or the adult molds (just too . . . grown up looking).
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 11:00:55 AM »
I never said it wasn't the same toyline. I know there were a few new and modified molds, but around 90% of the ponies released between 1993-1994 still had a year between 1983 and 1987 stamped under their hooves.

But I assume the fact that they didn't have to create many new molds, helped to keep the toyline going for as long as it did after its heyday had passed.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 03:05:57 PM »
I agree - it would have been amazing to see a second set of Tales ponies...to this day I miss the fact there is no Ace or Lancer or Teddi!

I love Tales - its a great show!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 07:23:54 PM »
I used to watch it on the Disney Channel as a kid. I still know the theme song by heart!  :hope:

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2012, 05:21:39 AM »
I used to watch it on the Disney Channel as a kid. I still know the theme song by heart!  :hope:

It's such a catchy theme song, isn't it?  I catch myself singing the "Starlight, Sweetheart, Melody" part randomly XD 

Offline Firehooves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2012, 09:00:37 AM »
Discovered this show on youtube recently, loved it! It's highly underrated, and I wish it got more attention! It just has a different feel than Dream Valley, is all.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2012, 09:49:06 PM »
Yep, highly underrated is the right word to describe it. It deserved more love than it got, it was one of the earliest slice of life shows to enter the market- a year later than Rugrats(*1) and Doug, sure, but 4 years before Arthur, one of the most popular slice of life shows around, premiered.

(*1) To think of it, Rugrats and Doug wasn't really popular back when they first premiered either. It wasn't until '96 when Arthur showed the world that slice of life shows can be awesome that they gained retro-recognition and popularity.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 09:59:30 PM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2012, 10:11:22 PM »
It aired in the states, on Disney I believe and ran the original mlp with it I believe <3

That's what I remember! :0 I always wondered about this since I grew up with only 2 TV channels... watching the one with Dream Valley and then Tales... mom taped it all for me. Ahh, the memories.

Fanimusmaximus

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2012, 10:20:06 PM »
Well since we are talking about MLP Tales, I got a couple of questions.

What is the full cast of the series?

Also which are the best episodes?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2012, 07:18:29 AM »
The main characters are..

Ace
Bon Bon
Clover
Miss Hackney
Lancer
Bright Eyes
Melody
Patch
Teddy
Sweetheart
Starlight

So essentially the 7 released as toys in Euro/Aus and the 3 boys and the teacher - there are a selection of more minor charters including some of the ponies parents and others like Rosy and Amber and Misty and Rusty but they are "supporting" roles.

I think the "best" episode is going to be subject to individuals - but I love Battle of the Bands - its so fabulously 80s/very early 90s and its a fun story [the Jem fan in me coming out a little!]
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal