collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My little pony tales  (Read 1823 times)

SaphTalon

• Trade Count: (0)
My little pony tales
« on: June 06, 2012, 07:37:01 PM »
Was it aired only in the uk and what was it duration?

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
Re: My little pony tales
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 07:45:55 PM »
It aired in the states, on Disney I believe and ran the original mlp with it I believe <3

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 03:31:03 AM »
It aired worldwide (probably not as widespread as FiM, but it was shown in most English-speaking countries and dubbed for a lot of European countries too).  I think the only reason that the toys were never sold in the US was because Hasbro discontinued the MLP line over there while Tales was still in production.  That's also the reason Tales only ran forn one 26-episode (13 double episodes) season.  Rather bad timing, as the series was very popular and I'm sure it could have gone on for another couple of series.

They missed out on a lot of toy opportunities too.  I know I would have given anything to have Lancer, Teddy and Ace as toys.  Miss Hackney too.  And the Ice Cream Parlour/Rainbow Beauty Salon would have made such a cute playset! :(

Phekzhen

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 03:46:24 AM »
In the early 90's, for me, it ran on Disney Channel,  but they only played the MLPTales beginning, but normal G1 episodes. It was frustrating because I wanted to learn about the ponies they were singing about in the theme song, but never did.

I found them last year on YouTube, and MLPTFan on YouTube has them all up in digital quality.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 03:54:21 AM »
You know what strikes me as odd?  The UK Tales set consists of adult ponies when they're "kid ponies" in the show.  (I think Sweetheart's age was confirmed as ten or eleven at one point?)  I wish they'd made them in baby pony molds, I think they'd have looked much cuter (and fit in the Schoolhouse set better)!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 03:54:49 AM »
I watched it on the Disney Channel too.  It always frustrated me that they aired the show but we never got the ponies!

*edit* LadyMoondancer, I feel the same way.  I always thought it was strange that even though they were basically children on the show they were made in adult molds!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 04:06:28 AM »
Just for fun, here's the poses I picture them in:

Patch - Cuddles' pose
Bon Bon - Ember's pose
Melody - Baby Fifi's pose
Sweetheart - Baby Blossom's pose
Clover- Baby Quacker's pose
Starlight - Baby Fifi's pose
Bright Eyes - Baby Blossom's pose
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 04:22:10 AM »
That would be so cute!  ::dreams::

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 04:32:46 AM »
my little pony tales is my second favorite show besides friendship is magic!

it aired world wide, but it was not well liked in the us, the uk and most of the rest of the world loved it, which is why a A single dvd is available in the uk from Metrodome Distribution containing:
Bon Bon's Diary, Just For Kicks, Slumber Party, Too Sick to Notice, The Battle of the Bands, And the Winner Is..., Stand By Me, The Tea Party, The Masquerade, Out of Luck

and you can buy the complete series  on dvd on a italian 6 dvd set that also has the english soundtrack.

it has never been released in the united states on dvd, or for that matter vhs.

it ran for one season for a total of 26 episodes

you can learn more at the tales wiki page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Little_Pony_Tales#DVD_releases
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Phekzhen

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 04:56:25 AM »
Before Sweetheart's Birthday, I honestly thought they were in their teens, since they held jobs and ran around unsupervised. Even though they were learning things like 1x4 in class, which is what I learned when I was 8 in school.

They weren't "babies," and there were actual babies in the show, so the baby mold would have been too young for them, and the adult mold did look a little too big, too.

Maybe someone will redo them as G4s?

Moonracer

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 05:29:28 AM »
It was aired worldwide, since we also had "My Little Pony Tales" aired here in Poland in the late 90s (of course it was dubbed). It's a shame they cancelled the series (just like what they did with the original "Transformers") because, contrary to what some people may think, it was a decent show and it was really interesting to watch.

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 06:49:21 AM »
Like everyone else has said, it was released in the US, on the Disney Channel (back when the channel was actually good).  No DVDs in the US though :-(  Which is a shame, since it's the only MLP show not on DVD in the US at this point. 

I think they may be too old to be in babies' poses (Melody's sisters would have been made in a baby's pose), but I could have seen them in Sweetheart Sisters' poses (not too big, but also not too young).  ^_^

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 07:04:43 AM »
Well, it aired over here in Malaysia in 2000-2001ish, I think on RTM-TV2. It was broadcast in it's original English language. Each episode was only aired once tho, and it wasn't repeated when the series' end was reached. I managed to have one episode recorded (Happy Birthday Sweetheart/Gribbet) and hung on to that until I found out about the four volume Australian DVD release in 2009.

It's by far my favorite next to G3. And was pretty much where I got sucked in to MLP completely.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 07:14:43 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 07:20:32 AM »
I love MLPT :) Such a cool cartoon! the age thing has always confused me too though.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 09:09:57 AM »
I have vague memories of watching it on tv as a youngling in the US!

At first I didn't like the show because I was so adamant about my ponies running around on four legs and not all this bipedal, go-to-school business. But quickly I was won over by the charm of the show. I love how they deal with real teenager/preteen problems, if in a somewhat simplistic manner.

I especially love the episode where Clover wins two tickets to a rock show and has to decide which one of her friends to take with her. Sometimes being lucky isn't so great, eh?

And I like the episode where Bon Bon wanted to be a plus sized model. Some of this stuff was pretty daring for a little kids show!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal