collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Hair Conditioner?  (Read 6589 times)

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Hair Conditioner?
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 01:33:31 PM »
I use Fekkai olive oil shampoo (pony hair LOVES olive oil, it really makes it shiny!), and moisturizing conditioner. I would say the brand is less important than the ingredients ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 01:45:15 PM »
I use a wig shampoo and conditioner :) Since it's made for synthetic hair, it works really well with the ponies.

MoongazerThePony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 01:46:31 PM »
I use some kinda all natural shampoo & conditioner. They smell nice :D

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2012, 02:16:49 PM »
I use a wig shampoo and conditioner :) Since it's made for synthetic hair, it works really well with the ponies.

Now that is one of those ideas that makes perfect sense! I ll need to look into that...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2012, 02:20:43 PM »

Now that is one of those ideas that makes perfect sense! I ll need to look into that...

What a good idea. Makes sense!

I use Avon Advance Techniques Damage Repair Reconstructive Mask for dry or damaged hair. Mainly because it's cheap. Sometimes it goes on sale for $2 (I think.)
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2012, 02:45:51 PM »

I use Avon Advance Techniques Damage Repair Reconstructive Mask for dry or damaged hair. Mainly because it's cheap. Sometimes it goes on sale for $2 (I think.)
I thought so too  :biggrin: I have a wig that I used to wear to work when I had crazy hair, and I got those with it. They were from a wig shop specifically, not sure what other type of stores would carry them. There's always the internet!

This is the brand I use. Smells pretty good too! :)

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2012, 02:48:54 PM »
I leave most of it in my hair lol, but pony hair I wash all of it out unless the hair is super-frizzy, in which case I leave a tiny bit in the ends to tame the fuzzies :)

lol, i hope we are talking about the same stuff :D conditioner (i use it after normal shampooing under the shower, leave it 2minutes on the hair and wash it out) - and the other stuff is a spray i apply after showering in the moist hair and do not wash it out.

what is what  now :D :D

I use both on my hair, just normal after-shampoo conditioner for pony hair :)

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

kaninchen

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2012, 08:35:05 PM »
downy fabric softener left to sit overnight is a miracle worker!

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2012, 08:44:10 PM »
I change conditioners every month for my hair so whatever I have at the time. They all work great but what I've found is a product I put in the hair after it dries. It's Suave sleek anti-frizz cream. It smells like heaven and works wonders on the pony. I apply more than recommended. I let it sit over night and then just brush through the pony's hair a couple times. I even use it on the ponies hair that I wouldn't use conditioner on because I want to keep the factory curls. It doesn't hurt the curls at all and helps decrease frizz.

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Wilford B Wolf

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2012, 09:52:32 PM »
somones going to laugh at me...but....
i scrub ponys and the hair with "mane and tail" and then condition the hair with the conditioner form of mane and tail....but...ive been using it on myself for going on 15 years.......seems to work rather well

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2012, 10:09:55 PM »

I thought so too  :biggrin: I have a wig that I used to wear to work when I had crazy hair, and I got those with it. They were from a wig shop specifically, not sure what other type of stores would carry them. There's always the internet!

This is the brand I use. Smells pretty good too! :)

A woman my mom used to buy me ponies from when I was little apparently used wig shampoo as well. I've been meaning to find myself some for years and years o.O But alas, I'm probably too cheap to want to pay for it anyway. How much does your average bottle cost? I do imagine you can't find wig shampoo everywhere...
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Yuitsu

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Gamer Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2012, 03:31:40 AM »
I use Henna wax (or Henara wax) conditioner on ponies. I often dump them in the tub and leave them for a bit if they're really bad. It's brilliant stuff! Comes in decent size tubs that are big enough for an adult pony head.

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2012, 03:38:20 AM »
I use Aberto Balsam conditoner, mainly because I can get it from poundland (I think they still stock it, I need some more) and its a fruity themed range so you get lots of nice scents, like apple or strawberries and cream, XD

Same here!  I find one conditioner works pretty much as well as another on pony hair (considering it's not real hair) so you may as well just find a cheap one with a nice scent!

Moonracer

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2012, 05:19:30 AM »
I use Pantene Pro-V Restoratives Time Renewal conditioner. It works really well if you want to get your pony's hair straight, and it also works (to some extent) on frizz. But I'm willing to try out other stuff once I have enough time for that.

I tend to wash my pony's hair with it, than rinse it, comb the hair and let it dry.

I don't apply and leave the conditioner on ponies, because I keep hearing that it could make the hair greasy (since nylon, obviously, doesn't absorb the conditioner like natural hair does).

ZettaMomo

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2012, 06:30:42 AM »
I use fabric softener for ponies who have really bad hair. It really does the trick!
If it is just a regular wash, though, I will just use whatever shampoo + conditioner I have at the time.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal