collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 89742 times)

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
The weather's been good lately, so I've been able to take Rogan for a few ball-throws in the dog park! He's getting puffed quite quickly though, think we both need to excercise more!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

What kind of dog do you have??  My rough collie border collie mix looks a LOT like him....I need to get his picture.  =]  I love my patch. 

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
That's a gorgeous dog!

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Oh boy, I totally understand where everyone is coming from with their clothes problems.  Before I started my diet I had one pair of pants that fitted - and everything else just had a huge roll of fat that hung over the top if I did manage to get the zip done up.  ugh.  Even now, 8kgs later I have only just noticed my 'fat' jeans are finally getting loose.  I can not wait until I fit the next size down.

I didn't get my exercise point today because I had work and then a baby shower.  I did turn down the most beautiful piece of chocolate cake however so I think that should get a point all of its own, lol (not that I'm going to award myself one).  I won't check in with my eating point for the day yet because it's only 6pm and after dinner is my most difficult time.

ETA:  Got my eating point!  So one point for me today :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 09:44:29 PM by kiwimlp »

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
The weather's been good lately, so I've been able to take Rogan for a few ball-throws in the dog park! He's getting puffed quite quickly though, think we both need to excercise more!

What kind of dog do you have??  My rough collie border collie mix looks a LOT like him....I need to get his picture.  =]  I love my patch. 

Rogan's a Rough Collie/Jack Russell! We rescued him from the Dogs Trust where he had been handed in with his brother who was identical, but with longer legs (Rogan is SO short xD). When I brought him home we found there was another dog in our village who really was identical to him, same coat colouring, body size, leg length, head shape, even the curly tail. Chatted to the owner who confirmed that the dogs were both the same age, same temprement and the same cross, as she'd had hers from a puppy, and had met both parents. People have been sceptical about such a weird cross, but honestly these two are so identical, they could be litter mates!
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Well, I am finally back everyone! :) I have officially given up trying to keep up with this thread! Haha x'D
So this week I have been on vacation and actually did well, as far as vacation standards go xD We went to theme parks so toooons of exercise, however, bad eating. lol So I have a few 2 pointers in there but mostly one pointers, and yesterday was a no pointer. lol I officially lost track of my points now :( Ah Dx But my self esteem has been a lot better recently and I'm starting to see myself in a better light which is good :)
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
0 for friday bad cals ans no workout....bad me:( this is my hubbies birthday weekend so i am going to be easier on myself with cals as atreat..who knows if i will get another workout though....i record my points on here and in a note book...that way i have a way to keep track in case i loose one or the other:) going back through my posts helps to keep me on track.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
I'm at 43 points. Wasn't a great week, but wasn't terrible, either. I finally get medicated for my arthritis this week and then my cousin flies in and we'll be on our feet a lot. I'm still chugging along over here, but my knee is killing me. Going shopping today, so at least I'll be getting exercise!

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
sorry for the disappearance for the week had lots of stuff to do im up to 49 points  :cheer:

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
Soooooo tired today. I don't wanna exercise, but I'll do the bare minimum.

Tomorrow is my BF's sisters birthday. Thankfully I hate her guts so I can make up some excuse to avoid her party and the cake. :lol:

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
*slinks into thread, shivering*

Holy hell it's cold outside :yikes: yeah I did say outside.. already broken my 'housebound' rules and snuck out to meet with a friend bc my mom hasn't been told I'm supposed to stay in.. I also exercised for 2 hours last night and it's looking the same today. Oh dear. I've taken to constant twitching / leg jiggling bc it burns more calories, and wearing skimpy clothes and leaving the windows open so it takes more to keep warm..

I've been doing well-ish ensure-wise.. had 3 today, 2 yesterday, and all 4 for the two days before that. Totally lost track of points.. I'll work those out now.
Fight like a girl..

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
I have completely lost track of my points by now.  I suppose I need to guess, but my eating hasn't been good lately.  I haven't eaten much, but at least what I have eaten was mostly healthy.  And I've been going back to karate when I can.  So...yeah.  Points = no clue xD 

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
How did y'all lose track of points? LOL! I plug my points into my calendar every night on my phone. It makes it easy for me to keep track and to see my trends and learn from them.

Did good so far today. Got lots of exercise at another IKEA trip. :D My bum knee is very mad at me right meow (as is my back, due to my hobbling). I enjoyed myself, though. And I have been so busy with building, cleaning and organizing that I haven't been overeating today. Staying busy is the key to being thin. More housework tonight and then maybe yard work tomorrow if things stay on schedule. That just leaves general cleaning during the week, then a weekend of craziness!

:hug: to everyone having a hard time. I'll keep cheering for you! :cheer:

Ai from Aurora

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
^ I've been writing my points (along with notes) on a note pad beside my laptop.  If I have a not so good weight loss week it's handy to be able to check back to see where I might have gone wrong.

I haven't done any official exercise today but I did a lot of housework and also cleaned out my bathroom cupboards.  I figure if I'm going to take more of an interest in how I look I need to clear out some of my old clutter first.  I also shifted the sheep fencing and wheel barrowed in three loads of firewood so I'm going to give myself .5 for exercise today.  I'll update with my eating point (hopefully!) later.

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
How did y'all lose track of points? LOL! I plug my points into my calendar every night on my phone. It makes it easy for me to keep track and to see my trends and learn from them.

I just want to point out. That is the point of it. The points aren't a score. Everybody wins. The points are a measurement, they are supposed to be your benchmark for how well your goal is working for you.

This is NOT a contest. The only person you should be competing against is yourself.

Here's my biggest frustration right now. I've noticed a couple of people said they wanted to drop out, which is OK, but honestly that really just means that you're giving up on yourself. I have severe (why hello panic attacks when I leave my house) anxiety, I have depression issues (that have cause physical, emotional, and internal scars on my body), I have physical limitations (I have titanium pins in my left knee from a snowboarding accident when I was 16). If you do feel as though you absolutely MUST give up, then don't let it be for one of these reasons:

1. You can't keep up with the thread.
      HANG the thread. As long as you are keeping up with YOU that's what matters. I don't even care if you check in once a week really. At the end, I just want to know how well YOU feel like you gained 1 or 2 healthy habits.

2. Depression, Anxiety, or eating issues
    Which is kind of the entire POINT of this thread, to develop healthy habit in spite of our issues. I change my plan WEEKLY. I take a hard look at how many 1 and 0 point days I have across my week... if there's a lot of them, I figure out what went wrong and adjust my plan/goals accordingly. If you need to change your plan daily that is fine.

3. Unable to exercise
   I live in an area where routinely over the summer it is 90 degrees (F) outside at 11 o'clock at night. I am NOT exercising right now. It's too hot and that makes my asthma flare up. So I adjusted my plan. When I sit down at night, I look at my food choices and ask myself on a scale of 0-2, HOW was my day? Did what I eat and DO just normally (laundry, cleaning, writing, drawing, painting, etc) make me feel more positive about myself? Did I make crap choices about my food? I go from there. You do not have to exercise right now. Building a healthy habit is a slow process, when you try to do too much too soon... you burn out.

I'm working on a 4 week Newsletter I'll be emailing/PM'ing to people. Some of them will have some personal responses as well to concerns or issues that people have mentioned in the thread. :hugs:

The most important thing to remember is that this thread is about you, it's not a contest, it's not a race, and it's not about comparing your progress (or points) to other members. Those points are a measurement for how well your current PLAN is working with your LIFE. If you're consistently getting 1's or 0's a lot, you may want to take a look at your PLAN and adjust it so that it's a better fit with your life.

Edit:

I'm not trying to come off as preachy or grumpy or any of that, so I apologize if I do. It's very much not my intention at all.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 09:55:55 PM by SurfStar »

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
I agree with SurfStar, so here's your motivation!

My right knee is extremely swollen and there is a bulge at the top of the kneecap, which is a fluid pocket. It's true I can't do "proper" exercise right now, but I still do what I can and when I need a day off of the knee, I take the day off. I give myself the benefit of the doubt. I went to IKEA today, which takes us 2 hours to get through the showroom, the marketplace and then the self-service area and checkout. It's easy, slow walking that isn't too strenuous normally, but it took me a lot of effort and I let myself enjoy that I didn't just stay home and sit on my butt.

While this is going on, my plan is not the same as the plan I started with because my main form of exercise, DDR, is too high-impact for my knee right now and I don't have any balance like this. If circumstances change, as they so often do, change your plan! Do what you can, when you can. Don't bully yourself for not being perfect, none of us are. I have had days where I didn't get any points and many more days when I only managed one point.

You control your points and you decide when you did well and when you didn't. The point of this is to recognize your bad habits and turn them around. It's not all about losing weight and it's not about who's ahead of everyone else. We're a team and we're on a journey together to be overall healthier people so we can still be talkin' ponies with each other deep into our 80's.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 10:25:51 PM by Yurusumaji »

Ai from Aurora

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal