collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 89299 times)

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I've slipped a bit this week. Been in agony with toothache (had a tooth removed yesterday morning so fingers crossed...) and mostly been in bed or at work!

I've still managed at least 1/2 a point every day, these are my targets:

1/2 a point for eating breakfast (I never skip lunch/tea)
1/2 a point for drinking two bottles of juice

1/2 a point for doing my EFT affirmations 2x per day
1/2 a point for doing 30 mins of exercise

Even if I feel totally rotten, I can usually manage one target from each pair.

Post Merge: July 11, 2012, 12:23:01 PM

Oh, I did eat chocolate though! Had a small amount yesterday and today. Because I've been feeling so rough, I didn't do a good job of standing up to Mum when I said I wanted some, she said it'd make me feel better, and then I'd say I will only feel bad. I ended up asking for some white chocolate.

But I don't actually feel bad about it so that's OK. Whether it made me feel better at all I don't know!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
^ I have a couple of pieces of chocolate every day, daffy and it hasn't stopped me from losing weight.  It's okay to give yourself small treats to keep you going :hug:

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
 :hug: Thanks Kiwi

I actually gave it up because going to the supermarket every day to satisfy my craving was costing me a fortune! You know how it is in a supermarket, always see things you "need"! Plus I never bought a small quantity - think 200g bar gone in one night.  :blush:

It's easier for me to give it up completely because I do seem to crave it very easily. Whether I'll go back to eating it I'm not sure.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile

I actually gave it up because going to the supermarket every day to satisfy my craving was costing me a fortune! You know how it is in a supermarket, always see things you "need"! Plus I never bought a small quantity - think 200g bar gone in one night.  :blush:

It's easier for me to give it up completely because I do seem to crave it very easily. Whether I'll go back to eating it I'm not sure.
Your chocolate is my baked chips. I can't have the correct portion, I usually eat about half of the family sized bag and dip it in cream cheese >.< So they just can't come into my house.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile

Oh yes.  The old me used to munch through a big block of chocolate every day (as well as the odd cake or lollie on top). I have switched to dark chocolate which seems to give me a stronger hit. I nibble on two pieces and then the craving seems to go.  I do still have the odd slip up day though where two pieces is just not enough!

I finished work early today and rather coming home for a nap (like I sorely wanted to), I cranked up the stereo and did a 30 min work out with my skipping rope, exercycle and the step outside.  I have been eating well too, so this is a 2 point day for me :)

Post Merge: July 12, 2012, 12:26:41 AM

Oh, and the dried cheries I tried back in the first week have really started to grow on me.  I took them to the auction with me on Wednesday (where I don't usually eat fruit because it's too messy) and they were great.  Today I got adventurous and bought the mix-berry variety for a change. 
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 12:26:41 AM by kiwimlp »

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Wed 2 points ate well and turned down my hubbies need to snack...yeah! Burned 350 cals on ddr. There is a workout menu so i dance until i burn x amount of cals..auditions for the play are aug 13 and 14...so i really need to slim down..so my focus it 2 point days. My days consist of me practicing my voice and piano...so all aspects are covered....should choose my piano more though. That needs to improved:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I went to live music last night at the beach and ended up dancing in front of the stage with my cousin and her friends xD Ohh boy. That is something I never would have done before. Ever!!! I didn't go too crazy with it but at least I was there moving for a good half of the show. So I earned my exercise point, as well as a little pride for not sitting on the beach just watching.
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
Ok, heard nothing from the job yet, but I did get a call from my Dr that explains a lot of my problems lately, including weight loss issues  Turns out, I have a thyroid issue, and I am going in to the Dr on Monday to get it on the road to recovery. 

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
That's wonderful, TexasGal! It's always a relief to find out what's really going on. Here's to recovery! :frolic:

Even though I've been falling victim to sweets far too often (trying to quit cold turkey is the stupidest thing to do, it makes you binge like crazy. I ate a donut, piece of cheese danish, and a piece of coffee cake all in one sitting last week) my jeans are fitting better. WOOHOO! I guess the exercise works ;)

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
Thank you for all the reassuring messages, both in here and PM.. I'll try my best to get back to you soon.

Clinic today went terribly. :yikes:
I've lost weight again. 45.3kg. So I've been confined to my house until Tuesday's clinic, apart from clinic tomorrow, because I am banned from exerting myself and any form of physical activity.
Should things not improve by Tuesday, I will either be sent to Chester or London. :sad:

I'm trying my absolute hardest.. I'm forcing down the 4 supplements and cereal a day, the exercise thing is going to be torture because I just can't help myself. It's not under my control. blah. I'll see, I'll try as much as I can not to.. :c I don't want to go into inpatient care.. sigh.
Fight like a girl..

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
*big, big hugs for Bright* I noticed you'd had 4(!) supplements today when I was on MFP, and was super pleased for you! I really hope thigs have improved by Tues and you don't have to go away!
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
Did well for exercise and food yesterday!  :)  +2

So far so good today.  Tomorrow, I go into surgery and I will get NO exercise.  I also won't eat all day, which I'm not happy about.  But I can't eat or drink after midnight tonight and last surgery it wasn't until the next day that they allowed me to have some jello and graham crackers.

I guess tomorrow will be a 1?  Technically, I'll be staying under my calories!  XD  But I don't think that eating nothing really counts as healthy, does it?  :silly:

Post Merge: July 12, 2012, 12:55:02 PM

Thank you for all the reassuring messages, both in here and PM.. I'll try my best to get back to you soon.

Clinic today went terribly. :yikes:
I've lost weight again. 45.3kg. So I've been confined to my house until Tuesday's clinic, apart from clinic tomorrow, because I am banned from exerting myself and any form of physical activity.
Should things not improve by Tuesday, I will either be sent to Chester or London. :sad:

I'm trying my absolute hardest.. I'm forcing down the 4 supplements and cereal a day, the exercise thing is going to be torture because I just can't help myself. It's not under my control. blah. I'll see, I'll try as much as I can not to.. :c I don't want to go into inpatient care.. sigh.

Hang in there!!!  :hug: 

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
Did well for exercise and food yesterday!  :)  +2

So far so good today.  Tomorrow, I go into surgery and I will get NO exercise.  I also won't eat all day, which I'm not happy about.  But I can't eat or drink after midnight tonight and last surgery it wasn't until the next day that they allowed me to have some jello and graham crackers.

I guess tomorrow will be a 1?  Technically, I'll be staying under my calories!  XD  But I don't think that eating nothing really counts as healthy, does it?  :silly:

Developing healthy habits means following doctor's orders, too. :) Also, the trick will be to keep yourself from going overboard the day after the surgery.

Best of luck with your surgery!

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
I went to live music last night at the beach and ended up dancing in front of the stage with my cousin and her friends xD Ohh boy. That is something I never would have done before. Ever!!! I didn't go too crazy with it but at least I was there moving for a good half of the show. So I earned my exercise point, as well as a little pride for not sitting on the beach just watching.

Dancing is such great exercise!  Good on you :frolic:

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
2 point thursday! Ate well and did ddr!!
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal