collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 89478 times)

Offline Yuitsu

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Gamer Pony
    • View Profile
Yesterday I drank lots of water, even at the restaurant we went to for fathers day and didn't have too many carbs, which are evil. And no pudding! Walked to and from the restaurant too. 2 points there!

Yoga today! Not sure about todays food. Had a bag of crisps and a bit of chocolate. My body is craving things because I've been ill for the past week and I've learnt that if my body is really pushing for something then it's probably not a good idea to ignore it. >.> Deffo 1 point for the yoga and oh god is it going to hurt in the morning.

My new thing might be the manual treadmill we have and I've never used!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
I totally failed with desserts yesterday. It being father's day and all, my bf's father loves sweets, so he got fresh baked cream filled donuts, which are one of my worst, worst worst weaknesses (but anything from a bakery is really)

So yeah, I ate a donut. But at least I walked several hours before it, and didn't eat ANOTHER donut later at night (I was tempted to).

Today I have to wait for something to be delivered (walker for my bf, had surgery 8 weeks ago and is doing rehab now) so exercising indoors is my thing for today. Still trying to stay vigilant about the sweets, thanks so much for the helpful hints. :D

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
I can't abide bananas for the exact same reason. Why not try blending one with some strawberries and stuff into a smoothie? I've found that's the only way I can handle banana.

Edit - I see you're in the UK, so I'll recommend the Innocent banana smoothie if you'd rather buy premade :D

*shudders* ugh it's the taste too...in my head the taste remind me of the texture and....just ugh. I'll have to though unless I can think of anything else!

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
I was totally off my game on Saturday, but I got my 2 points yesterday for staying within my calorie range and walking for 75 minutes (total)!

I really wish the moving company would hurry up and deliver our belongings. I had expected them here on Friday, but I haven't heard a word from them yet. May not get my things until this Friday, which would be just awful. They have my DDR pad, my main form of exercise. :(

I haven't had banana bread in something around 6-8 years, even though I love banana bread. Do you know what my devil of a husband did on Saturday? That bully bought banana bread! I swear I should throw it away. It's like 170 calories a slice or something ridiculous like that, so I don't dare have any. But ... banana bread ...  :cry:

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile

I haven't had banana bread in something around 6-8 years, even though I love banana bread. Do you know what my devil of a husband did on Saturday? That bully bought banana bread! I swear I should throw it away. It's like 170 calories a slice or something ridiculous like that, so I don't dare have any. But ... banana bread ...  :cry:
That's not so bad! Have a slice for breakfast or something :)

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
I got my two points for sunday though I felt like I had been slogging through a pool after getting in my goal amount of exercise XD It was muggy! I also tried the chopstick tactic that I saw mentioned here and wow did it slow me down!  :shocked: I think I only ate half as much at dinner as I normally do. I'm going to be moving to using smaller plates too, I think, to help with portion sizes.

I've managed to stick to my main goal of staying away from soda, which I'm excited about. I have my little chart and I've officially made it a week without drinking one :D In celebration I rewarded myself by buying a pack of Pokemon cards XD

Today is starting off decently too. Got my first walk in, and I'm going to play some DDR soon. Haven't decided what I'm going to do yet for this weeks challenge.

I second this! :D Banana bread does have some good qualities (like bananas!) and really makes for a nice breakfast. 170 calories is actually less than the slim fast shakes I drink when I'm running behind in the mornings.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 08:21:16 AM by Kitkumi »

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection

I'm budgeting my calories today so that I can have one. I bought these amazing Simply Asia Spring Vegetable Rice Noodle bowls. They're super-filling and very low in calories, so I'm going to have that for lunch today and it should leave me with enough calories for a treat tonight. :D

I've managed to stick to my main goal of staying away from soda, which I'm excited about. I have my little chart and I've officially made it a week without drinking one :D In celebration I rewarded myself by buying a pack of Pokemon cards XD

I am also fighting back against soda. And woo - Pokemon cards! I haven't played in over a year, but I enjoyed it while I did.

The thing that gets me about the banana bread is it isn't filling at all, it's a snack. But anyway, I had less than 170 calories at the end of the day yesterday, so I had to forego having a piece.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 08:23:31 AM by Yurusumaji »

Ai from Aurora

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile

I'm budgeting my calories today so that I can have one. I bought these amazing Simply Asia Spring Vegetable Rice Noodle bowls. They're super-filling and very low in calories, so I'm going to have that for lunch today and it should leave me with enough calories for a treat tonight. :D

I am also fighting back against soda. And woo - Pokemon cards! I haven't played in over a year, but I enjoyed it while I did.

The thing that gets me about the banana bread is it isn't filling at all, it's a snack. But anyway, I had less than 170 calories at the end of the day yesterday, so I had to forego having a piece.
Ooh are those really good? I've always wanted to try them but am wary of anything "asian" from the grocery store. I'll have to try one next time I go!

I have never been a big fan of soda, with the exception of orange diet Sunkist. I used to drink two a day. Then one day I realized how bad it was to drink all that aspartame all the time so I cut them out entirely and now only drink water :) it definitely takes some getting used to but now I really don't miss it at all.

Offline Kitkumi

• My life is my story.
    • View Profile

The fight against soda is a hard one, I'll give it that. Hopefully we can both kick it in the butt though :D And I haven't played Pokemon in ages either, but I found every now and then picking up a pack is both fun and motivational XD

And yeah, if it isn't filling then that would be harsh. I don't know how if this would fit in with your plan, but maybe you could take a slice and cut it in to pieces to have one after dinner? Not only do you get the yummyness of the bread, but you also get way fewer calories and it makes the bread last a lot longer.

I have never been a big fan of soda, with the exception of orange diet Sunkist. I used to drink two a day. Then one day I realized how bad it was to drink all that aspartame all the time so I cut them out entirely and now only drink water :) it definitely takes some getting used to but now I really don't miss it at all.

Mt. Dew is my weakness when it comes to soda. I was only having one or two a week, but I realized it was starting to creep up to three or four a week. Thats when I knew it needed to stop, lol. It really does take some getting used to, but I'm finding that I prefer water in most cases. Especially with it being summer.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 08:52:39 AM by Kitkumi »

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
Ooh are those really good? I've always wanted to try them but am wary of anything "asian" from the grocery store. I'll have to try one next time I go!

The Spring Vegetable Rice Noodle Bowl by Simply Asia is the only one I have found that I like. All the others I have tried tasted like dog food. I only eat the vegetarian ones, so I can't speak for any of the ones with meat in them.

The fight against soda is a hard one, I'll give it that. Hopefully we can both kick it in the butt though :D And I haven't played Pokemon in ages either, but I found every now and then picking up a pack is both fun and motivational XD

And yeah, if it isn't filling then that would be harsh. I don't know how if this would fit in with your plan, but maybe you could take a slice and cut it in to pieces to have one after dinner? Not only do you get the yummyness of the bread, but you also get way fewer calories and it makes the bread last a lot longer.

Pepsi is my weakness. I have a little under 24 oz. every day. I LOVE Pepsi. Now I am trying to stick to water and Vitamin Water Zero. I even managed to not buy any soda on our last shopping trip.

I may try that with the banana bread. Good thinking!

Ai from Aurora

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
Not a good day. Only managed one supplement.. the one bright side is that I'm planning on boiling up some baby corn for dinner. Really low cal, but it's a cooked food! :D Which is an achievement for me. So only 1 point today, but at least there's a positive.. kinda.

As for the challenge.. I've bought a skipping rope, which should be arriving in a few days. So my new activity shall be speed skipping! I'm not sure how I'll get on with that, I didn't enjoy it as a child XD but it seems fun, so we'll see how it goes!
Fight like a girl..

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
Not a good day. Only managed one supplement.. the one bright side is that I'm planning on boiling up some baby corn for dinner. Really low cal, but it's a cooked food! :D Which is an achievement for me. So only 1 point today, but at least there's a positive.. kinda.

As for the challenge.. I've bought a skipping rope, which should be arriving in a few days. So my new activity shall be speed skipping! I'm not sure how I'll get on with that, I didn't enjoy it as a child XD but it seems fun, so we'll see how it goes!

Corn may be low cal, but it's high in starch. Very good!

Oohh, I loved jump rope as a kid. I should buy one, too. Good luck with it!

Ai from Aurora

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I've just finished dinner and I'm *so* proud of myself :D I found some Quorn chicken-style pieces at our local shop and actually COOKED a meal for myself that wasn't using the toaster! Most of my food revolves around chocolate spread and yogurts, so I didn't really know what I was doing, but it tasted alright!

I stir-fried a little handful of Quorn pieces with some oil and garlic salt which is a flavour I'm familiar with, and had them with a large portion of mashed potato with cheese melted in. I only managed half of the potato, but had nearly all the Quorn.

I think that covers my 2 points for today, as well as my weekly challenge :D I'll see if I can repeat that meal again, and find better ways of making it yummy!

Edit: Oops, I forgot to say how I felt. It took me about 10 minutes to mull over exactly what I was going to do and to work out the timing, and I kept trying to put it off. During I was scared and nervous, mostly because I didn't know what I was doing. Eating it was ok, the first mouthful was the best, though towards the end I was starting to think too much about it which was making my gag reflex kick in, so I had to finish while it was still 'good'.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 10:05:55 AM by fiwen30 »
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline shockponie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Yesterday went well. My calorie count was on target. I went to a thrift store (keeping in mind I had to try something new) and in the dvds, I found a yoga disc for a buck and decided it was worth a try. I poo-pooed it in the past because I thought it was too slow to be a good workout & only lean, flexible chicks did it. While the latter may be true (haven't ever seen bigger people do it - I wouldn't know), it was DEFINITELY a challenge! I can't knock it anymore! I saw the people on the dvd jumping from a bent-over position into a plank and I was like  :shocked: the fudge?! The instructor said to step into the plank if you can't jump. I couldn't step into it either, so I went to knees & then planked.  XD Baby steps! While I couldn't complete the whole dvd (and I felt like an awkwardly-trying-to-stretch-hippo during parts  :P), I surpassed my exercise goal :woot: & it left me wanting more. I can't wait to see how far I can get through it today! ME?! Looking forward to EXERCISE?! :sheepish: That's a first. I thought I was incapable of that. I had a gym membership in the past and I allllways dreaded going. Let's just say this a new emotion for me... but I like discovering this new side of myself. It makes me feel good & I'll definitely be adding yoga to my mix! Did my challenge!
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
Yesterday went well. My calorie count was on target. I went to a thrift store (keeping in mind I had to try something new) and in the dvds, I found a yoga disc for a buck and decided it was worth a try. I poo-pooed it in the past because I thought it was too slow to be a good workout & only lean, flexible chicks did it. While the latter may be true (haven't ever seen bigger people do it - I wouldn't know), it was DEFINITELY a challenge! I can't knock it anymore! I saw the people on the dvd jumping from a bent-over position into a plank and I was like  :shocked: the fudge?! The instructor said to step into the plank if you can't jump. I couldn't step into it either, so I went to knees & then planked.  XD Baby steps! While I couldn't complete the whole dvd (and I felt like an awkwardly-trying-to-stretch-hippo during parts  :P), I surpassed my exercise goal :woot: & it left me wanting more. I can't wait to see how far I can get through it today! ME?! Looking forward to EXERCISE?! :sheepish: That's a first. I thought I was incapable of that. I had a gym membership in the past and I allllways dreaded going. Let's just say this a new emotion for me... but I like discovering this new side of myself. It makes me feel good & I'll definitely be adding yoga to my mix! Did my challenge!

I'm a big girl that does yoga! I LOVE yoga! When you warm up after a while and get to the harder poses, they actually make you feel skinnier when you're doing them (or I might be insane, not sure). Yoga is good for everyone. If you get into it enough and develop awesome yoga skills, I also suggest trying Iron Yoga, which is yoga while you carry hand weights! It's REALLY hard, but it's an amazing work out.

Ai from Aurora

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal