collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 89482 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
I'm not ashamed to tell.  I'm 200 pounds.  Most of it in MY ASS.  :lmao:  I'm also all of 5'2", so that's really big.  I should be arond 130.  I have 70 pounds to lose.  SHEESH

I'm very ashamed. D: I'm around a similar weight and height as you (but less for both, I'm 4'11"). Its a combination of baby weight, depression weight, and not being able to walk because I have injured feet weight. I've always had horrible self esteem and body image issues, so its just very overwhelming for me. I'm so ashamed of myself and how I look, so I just get more depressed, so I don't work out or whatever like I planned, so I get more depressed, etc. Its a vicious cycle.

/ramble
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
I'm not ashamed to tell.  I'm 200 pounds.  Most of it in MY ASS.  :lmao:  I'm also all of 5'2", so that's really big.  I should be arond 130.  I have 70 pounds to lose.  SHEESH

I'm very ashamed. D: I'm around a similar weight and height as you (but less for both, I'm 4'11"). Its a combination of baby weight, depression weight, and not being able to walk because I have injured feet weight. I've always had horrible self esteem and body image issues, so its just very overwhelming for me. I'm so ashamed of myself and how I look, so I just get more depressed, so I don't work out or whatever like I planned, so I get more depressed, etc. Its a vicious cycle.

/ramble

I don't have much to say but. :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Oh goodness, this starts tomorrow! D: I'm nervous and excited at the same time. Could you add me to the FitnessPal thingum, BrightSide or surfstar? I'm fiwen30 there too.
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Whew this thread moves fast! Thanks for the input about the Slim fast shakes. I have a 6 pack of them but I think I'll just drink them for breakfast when i'm running late & don't have time for real breakfast.

I think our mascot should be green. Green symbolizes health in a lot of cultures, in literature, etc. And I love green ponies!

I ate my dinner with chopsticks last night. It really slowed me down! I felt full and there was still food on my plate. maybe I'll try eating left handed (I'm right handed) too and see if that slows me down, too. I need to pay attention to what I'm eating more, and respect my food rather than just scarfing it down.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Whew this thread moves fast!

It really does! Lol

Okay, for the mascot I have cool colors, possibly green body or hair. Pegasus with a jump rope shaped as a heart with wings as the symbol. Sound good so far? :3
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Sounds awesome! How about a green body with blue hair? Or green with soft pink hair?

I'm getting together with my sister in law after work to dance and play Reflex Ridge on the Kinect. And I found an unwritten in journal I'm going to use for recording my HH4P progress.

ZettaMomo

• Trade Count: (0)
some times i cant figure it out weather im bored or hungery >< i need fry meme oh here it is visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That is me right there!
Usually when I feel like that I drink aome water and go distract myself with something like sewing for a little bit.
If I still feel hungry after that I will go make a small snack or something similar.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile

/ramble
:hug: I totally understand Taxel and have dealt with feelings of shame and self hatred even when I was 150 lbs. Now I'm about 200 as well, and even though I'm 5'8 so it's not quite as bad I still feel horrible about myself. My friend posted some pictures of me from when I was at her house the other day and I just couldn't believe that I actually looked that way. I can't control my eating when I'm depressed and food is the only thing that makes me feel better. So I eat, then feel awful, then eat more to make that awful feeling go away and etc. It's a vicious cycle like you said.

I've found the first step is to really try and let go of all the self hatred and the shame and the beating yourself up attitude. We're here to break that cycle, and this time I've hit my breaking point and know I've got to do this, for me, because I deserve it. We all deserve to be happy and healthy and feel good about ourselves. Next time you don't exercise, or eat poorly, or look in the mirror and don't like what you see, instead of just hating yourself for it try and be forgiving. Say hey I slipped now but it's okay because from now on I'll do better! It's done wonders for me just to realize my depression is getting the best of me and kind of slap myself in the face and say hey! wake up! you're angry for no reason! Feel better!I don't try and dwell on how bad I look now, but instead try and look forward to how great I'm gonna look in a few months.

If you ever need anyone to commiserate with please pM me as it seems like we deal with a lot of the same issues, that i've been dealing with my whole life. Chin up you can do this!  ^.^

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Rhini, that's great advice we all need to take to heart. We do all deserve to be happy & healthy no matter what the scale says. And if we slip up every once in a while that's OK, because once we realize we've backslid, instead of feeling bad about it we can get motivated to do an extra lap around the neighborhood, or an extra 5 minutes dancing or exercising.

Boots

Does mental health count?  :wacko:

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I think mental health & physical health go hand in hand!

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
Hooray! I'm in time! Hopefully there's still space for me? This is so great. I have all the pieces I need except consistent motivation. Ponies might just be the thing I've been looking for. I eat emotionally and I'm completely addicted to sugar. I want to be able to use my body without interference from, well, my body.

Your Username: leighannapanites

Your GOALS: I'm shooting to lose a minimum of 12 pounds in the three months. That's about a pound a week. I can TOTALLY do this if I follow through. By the end of the three months, I'll have established a regular mostly repeating menu of delicious, fast, easy, healthy food, so I never have to worry whether I have something good planned for a meal. I will develop a sturdy habit of getting activity everyday whether from exercise, work, or play.

Your PLAN: I have an exercise program I really like that I've used successfully in the past, ten minutes each per day of strength training and cardio. I'm also going to add as much other physical activity as I can, yardwork, dancing and playing with my daughter, that kinda stuff. I've also found that it's really important for me to have meals planned out in advance, so that will be key. I plan to develop a roster of meals that are delicious, but healthy and fast, so I can rotate through them and don't have to think too much about it. I'd like to reduce the time I spend planning, cooking and especially cleaning up.

Thanks so much for setting this up. I am very grateful for this opportunity. Good luck and lots of encouragement for everyone!

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
Whew this thread moves fast! Thanks for the input about the Slim fast shakes. I have a 6 pack of them but I think I'll just drink them for breakfast when i'm running late & don't have time for real breakfast.

I think our mascot should be green. Green symbolizes health in a lot of cultures, in literature, etc. And I love green ponies!

I ate my dinner with chopsticks last night. It really slowed me down! I felt full and there was still food on my plate. maybe I'll try eating left handed (I'm right handed) too and see if that slows me down, too. I need to pay attention to what I'm eating more, and respect my food rather than just scarfing it down.

Chopsticks what a great idea!!! except I'm really good with chopsticks :p I'll have to try that sometime with my left hand
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Boots

Well that's just it I guess. My main focus should really be my mentality, even though it gives me a good workout every now and again. Pacing for hours, panic attacks. It's not good for me. And I'm not confident enough to really do anything for my physical health itself. There are some specific goals I have to reach soon, regarding fears and anxieties. I'm not sure if it will take three months, more, or less. I'm only just starting to do something about it.

Honestly, I couldn't care TOO much less about my physical health right now. If I'm more active after this, that would be awesome. And I assume I will be, considering I freeze up in terror every time I try to play a sport as I am. But everything, right now, seems to revolve around my disorders and attitude.

If it doesn't fit enough with what everyone else is doing, though, I'll be fine without joining in with you guys. ^u^'

Ffff nevermind I'll just keep doing what I am and leave you alone! I don't need this, I think I can do it myself, maybe. :stressed:

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
For those emotional eaters, depression, and so foth of like....i was that way too...i used to binge and hide with food...i still have a ways to go..but this is something i finaly learned to do...pick positives...if it hurts to use you legs try your arms...or vice versa...ther are days that you want to be lazy or use food go do a ponies hair:) call each small thing an activity...if it got you to move its active:) now the hard part...be oroud of it...the more snaps you can give youself the more you will want to do...its hard...i am still working on it
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal